TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Actors/Actress Draft!

It seems like this draft is very modern era-focused.

I personally have never, and probably will never watch a majority of classic, black/white movies. They might be great, but just not something I'm interested in. And I know a lot of people who are like that.

Although, with some of the movie discussions I've seen on TSM, I'm sort of surprised to more modern era people go too. But I mean hey, the first guy drafted was Peter O'Toole. That sort of cancels any of that out. Plus some of the directors. Hard to picture many of these older guys/ladies in a modern movie.

I picked mostly directors from older eras and have at least one more older director in mind, but will probably pick modern actors for the most part. I like to think about how newer actors would work with older directors. Like Herzog and Bale worked together in Rescue Dawn and it was fantastic. Those kinds of things interest me.

Yeah, but he wasn't even born when Herzog was doing stuff like Aguirre and Fitzcarraldo. But ok, set Bale aside for a moment, the movie also had Steve Zahn giving his best performance ever (I'm usually pretty neutral on Zahn).

Sorry 'bout that, didn't get a PM.

My pick: Ben Kingsley

ben-kingsley.jpg

I could buy him in any kind of role at this point.

Also, Brooklyn PMed me his pick.

Heath Ledger

jokerhnurse2fd4.jpg

My next pick is my favourite living actress, and one of the most versatile actors out there, male or female. She can play almost literally anything.

Cate%20Blanchett-skin.jpg

Cate Blanchett

I also need a real evil bastard. I'm fortunate that I can get one that is also more than capable of being a lead actor.

18906261.jpg

Ralph Fiennes

Excellent choice on Ralph, I had him lined up to be one of my next draft picks. I'm surprised he hasn't done more then he has in terms of movies to give him exposure. He's still pretty 'untapped' as far as I'm concerned.

Ingrid Bergman

ingrid_bergman_multilingual.jpg

Grrrrrrrrrrr....

I just watched Gaslight late Saturday night and she was a shoe-in for me.

Rosario Dawson

Rosario%20Dawson.jpg

And that... well, I'm just plain jealous that I don't have that...

John_Singleton_oscars_2008_022608.jpg

John Singleton, Director

Sad to say his best work was in his 20s. Like Boyz N Da Hood, Poetic Justice, Baby Boy(Which are actually kind of a trilogy). He's good at writing and producing also, but movies that he just directs are very mediocre. Like 2 Fast 2 Furious was ok and Four Brothers was alright.

Dude, Rosewood(which makes me wanna kill white people after watching it), and Higher Learning were better then the three you mentioned.

Rosewood he just directed it, and it was an amazing film. Plus Shaft was a very fun film as well IMO.

And, once again, EHME, you have spelled one of my picks wrong on the first post. It's Dennis Hopper, not Hooper.

I wouldn't care, except when this gets too big for me to keep track of, I plan to use the search function on the first page to see if my latest consideration has been chosen.