TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

De La Hoya vs Pacquiao

I didn't think Manny could do it because of the size advantage. But as a long-time Manny fan, I'm very happy.

I can't believe it!

When I heard that Pacquaio won I thought it was a joke but then I saw the ESPN ticker confirm it.

I am extremely happy for Pacquaio as I thought he would be stopped by De La Hoya in the middle rounds.

Looking at the clips De La Hoya looks extremely lean. From most reports Oscar was dominated and while I don't want to take anything from Pacquaio; I think Oscar may have overtrained.

I think De La Hoya's ego won't allow him to go out like this and he will return.

The best part of this fight is that all of this talk about Manny being the undisputed P4P best HAS to be eating at Mayweather.

Mayweather vs Pacquaio April 2009!!

As someone who doesn't follow boxing that closely...what are the chances of Mayweather coming out of retirement to fight Pacquaio?

As someone who doesn't follow boxing that closely...what are the chances of Mayweather coming out of retirement to fight Pacquaio?

Considering the ego, his propensity for spending and gambling, and that if he demands it, he could make his biggest payday ever- I would say chances are above 50%.

Guest Czecherbear

A few of my friends saw this. I really need to watch more boxing. I'll watch some anonymous boxers on FSN if it happens to be on, but I haven't seen a big PPV since De La Hoya-Trinidad in '99.

Going into the fight, Oscar's only real chance was catching Pacman with a huge left hook anyway. Oscar at this age doesn't have the conditioning to keep pace with a burner like Pacquaio, and he certainly didn't even attempt to throw enough jabs to keep Pacquaio from moving inside at will.

Freddie Roach gets his revenge on Oscar "Ill never fight again without you in my corner" De La Hoya.

Next up for the Mexicutioner?

How much bigger is Maragrito? I know Margarito is fighting Mosley next, but if he wins, and is willing to move down a bit, I think Margarito v. Pacquaio would be an amazing war.

EDIT: Oh and someone explain a $30 cover for a boxing match. That means if it is you and a buddy, you could get the PPV at home for less then it costs just to walk through the doors of the bar. Even if you are by yourself, $30 cover w/food & drink would easily match the price of the PPV.

Hooters by my place has $0.00 cover. :)

Again, all due respect to Pacquaio but this is really looking like De La Hoya was the victim of over-training. I just read De La Hoya's post-fight comments and the article listed that De La Hoya actually weighed LESS than Pacquaio during the fight. De La Hoya hadn't been under 150 in 7 years and to end up weighing less than Pacquaio at the time of the fight pretty much indicates something was physically wrong.

Usually when bigger fighters cut weight to meet the limit; they are able to eat and re-hydrate to the point where they gain at least 7-10 Lbs by the time the bell rings.

Yeah, Margarito is a big welter at 5'11" with huge power, noway Pacman should risk fighting him. He might as well try his luck with Pavlik, you have to draw a line somewhere. Hatton is the most logical choice and that would actually be an interesting match up though Pacman would most likely win. It would be good bait for Mayweather though I doubt he'll come out of retirement for a Pacman fight the same way he didn't fight Cotto, Margarito, or Paul Williams. Hopefully I'm wrong, would love to see it.