TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aero

The Shield

I still think that the big plan crumbles around Vic and he loses his immunity putting him on the run. I used to think he'd be killed in the finale but now I think he'll get a worse fate and turn into the one thing he never wanted to become - Gilroy. He'll flee to Mexico like every other disgraced cop and lives out his life anonymously without no friends, family or, worst of all for him, power.

Shane will turn himself in and help Claudette bring down Vic's deal (and testify if need be) in exchange for immunity for Mara. Ronnie will get killed. Just a theory.

There's also the possibility of Shane pulling a Benoit on his family since it's "for the best" like he did with Lem. He was apologizing to Mara the same way he apologized to Lem after dropping the grenade. I'm cheering for Shane so I hope this doesn't happen however I also see no possible happy ending for him.

Any thoughts on what happens with Aceveda?

I was hoping for a psychotic episode from Claudette, complete with her barging into the room where Vic was confessing and beating Vic nearly to death while yelling "YOU DON'T GET TO DO THIS! YOU DON'T GET TO WALK AWAY SCOTT FREE!!!!!" like a woman possessed.

And that kid serial killer in the making kills Dutch

I'm going to go the other way on this; I think Lloyd kills his mother, sets it up in some way where Dutch can't prove it conventionally, and Dutch finally snaps and kills Lloyd. It's a little Dexter, but it'd play upon Dutch's established dark side (killing the cat a couple of seasons back) and the fact that above all else he wants to stop Lloyd from ever killing again.

Wow... Just finished the episode, I'm in complete shock. This has been the best final season out of any TV show I've ever liked, Shawn Ryan did a great job.

CCH Pounder better get an Emmy award.

And yeah, I'll also agree that it was a very intense opening. But the ending was just amazing. Vic admitting to everything bad that he's done was just awesome. However hanging Ronnie out to dry, yikes. I don't even know what to think yet. Just going to sit back and enjoy the last every episode

That ending was some of the best television I've ever seen. I don't know how this show is going to end anymore. I didn't think Vic would sell Ronnie out like that. I still expect Claudette and Shane to die. As for what happens to Acevada, I think he'll win the Mayor seat and if anyone has a happy ending, It will be him. Now watch me be wrong.

Yeah, Vic selling out his most trustworthy and loyal guy in Ronnie was cold. Very much looking forward to next week but I hate that it's the final episode. It's still too good to end right now but going out on top is fitting for a such a quality show.

The final season has been nothing short of amazing. The only thing it's been missing up to this point is a memorable musical montage to close an episode. I figure we'll get one tonight. Like I have said previously, I want to see them top "Overcome" at the end of Season 2. That's still the best 3 minutes of television ever, IMO.

I think it will end with a callback to the first episode.

Ronnie will find out somehow (Dutch or Claudette?) that Vic has sold him out to the feds.

Vic and Ronnie will find out where Shane is hiding and go there to take him out. They bust in and Vic shoots Shane dead. Ronnie walks over to Shane's body to check his pulse, picks up Shane's weapon and shoots Vic dead.

Without Vic's testimony the feds have no way of prosecuting Ronnie for his past mis-deads, so he gets to keep his freedom and career and finally turn over a new leaf of playing things by the book.

I can't wait for Michael Chilkis and Walton Goggins to not get the Emmys they deserve for this season. And I love that the only member of the Strike Team whose picture Vic brought with him was Lem's.

The sure the Emmys will forget about them come award time.

And boy, that was amazing. THAT is how you end a series. 10x better than the Sopranos.

That really is the perfect ending for Vic-a fate worse than death for him really.