TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 9/4 - 9/6

Guest Tzar Lysergic

So, does SD St. not run the ball or what? This is the dumbest fucking offense I've ever seen.

And just a reminder folks, San Diego State lost to Cal Poly last week.

I'm starting to think Stanford beating Oregon State wasn't that big of a deal.

emu.jpg

Anyways, real good game brewing in Norman with the Sooners up 21-13 on Cincinnati at halftime. Both teams shooting themselves in the foot but a real interesting game thus far.

Edit: Lol, ND botches a field goal. Mother of Christ they are horrid.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

That guy is worthless. Wow. That receiver couldn't have been more open and he threw it wide.

God. now they fumble the snap on a field goal. Fucking Catholics.

Here's what I've learned so far this year, vis a vis the conferences.

Non-BCS teams are going to be the big story this year. BYU, Utah, and East Carolina have the potential to do great things.

The ACC is terrible.

The Big Ten is worse, if you can believe that. Didn't think it was possible for them to be worse than last year. Notre Dame should join up and then they'd REALLY be shit.

The Big East is still unimportant.

The Big XII will wind up being a cut below the Pac 10 and SEC, but that's okay, because these are the only conferences worth anything.

New Hampshire held on and "upset" Army 28-10 easily.

#4 UMass also barely held off Holy Cross in a shoot out 45-42. UMass scored 24 points in the 2nd half.

Scores of note: Eastern Washington is leading Colorado 21-14 in the 3rd. Virginia is kicking Richmond's ass 3-0 in the 3rd... oof. Also Colorado State is barely leading Sacramento State 14-13 in the 3rd quarter.

The Big XII will wind up being a cut below the Pac 10 and SEC, but that's okay, because these are the only conferences worth anything.

Until the Pac 10 shows they're anything other than USC+9, I wouldn't consider them worth anything... otherwise, they're just the Big 10 West

Georgia at Arizona State will help out that opinion of mine. They won't beat Georgia, but it'll be close. Fortunately teams are starting to get the balls to come out west and play some games. Tennessee, Georgia, and Ohio State this year...

When the hell is FSN going to finally dump Barry Tompkins and Petros Papadakis? Jesus they are worse than Raycom's Three Dave's.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Oh my god what a hit. That ND back just got fucking smeared. Fucking SSSSSMOKED. Coughed up the ball. Just now got up.

Jake Locker is the man. Touchdown with two seconds left to force overtime (maybe).

Oh fuck you with the celebration call. Score a touchdown with two seconds left, YOU CAN'T CELEBRATE THAT!!! Now it's a 35-yard extra point try.

Washington scores with no time left. Here's hoping they go for two.

Edit: Nevermind, 15 yard penalty on Washington

Edit 2: And he misses the fucking extra point. Wow.

Terrible call in the Washington/BYU game, as the Huskies QB is charged for excessive celebration after having done not much of anything - and then the extra point that would have tied the game is blocked. Horrible, awful, game costing decision.

Edit: Man, you guys are quick.

The officials might not survive the walk out of the stadium. I mean this is primarily NCAA's fault for forcing officials to make a call like that but you got to take into account the situation and swallow your whistle.