TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Unforgiven 2008

That was a fantastic match, the quality storytelling keeps happening with Jericho/Michaels. Even though there was a decisive finish (and kudos for plenty of time given to it all) I still think there is more to this feud.

Finally getting why Afa Jr is with Priceless......second gen stars together. And they are building a faction with apparently all of them and Orton, gotta be where that's going.

Afa Jr. doesn't fit with the group unless he's not playing the wild savage. Joe Hennig would have worked much better.

On paper, it would have. But I have no idea if Hennig has the necessary training and experience to pull it off. Rhodes was established to the WWE audience. DiBiase had some seasoning in Japan. If Afa Jr tanks w/ Priceless, no big deal. Priceless can crush him and send him on his way. But I'd be very patient w/ the son of Mr Fuckin Perfect.

WWE scramble so far:

Hardy enters

Shelton enters

Hardy pins Shelton

Kendrick enters

Kendrick pins uhh someone, I forgot

MVP enters

2 minutes till HHH comes out and pedigrees all of them.

Triple H pins MVP with another pedigree at 1 second.

The last 5 minutes of the match was HHH pedigreeing guys like he was swatting flies off his world title and could take it back at will.

They're counting it as a new title reign - now a 13 time world champion.

But then that means THE Brian Kendrick is a recongized world champ.

nice split screen on Punk/HHH about them being nervous after 1 title changed..nice touch of course wrestling booking philosiphy wise that probably means they will both retain..

yep so far so good HHH retains

Guest Smues
'HHH Buries the Midcard' for 5 minutes.

Well now I am glad I resisted the urge to order the webcast.

It was fun, but still it felt like 'HHH Buries the Midcard' for 5 minutes.

Yeah, thats how I thought it came off as, too.

Also, Jeff Hardy was apparently booked to be the biggest fucking idiot alive, was actually buried subtly in this match quite a bit at the finish. When HHH got the pedigree on MVP and was pinning him with just 3-4 seconds left, all Hardy had to do was break up that pinfall attempt, but instead with one second left (with the fans counting down, so it wasn't like he didn't know) he goes and pins another guy? Huh?

The action was good in the match, but holy shit, I swear HHH himself laid that fucker out. Between that shitty way to build up everyone from Friday's show, and then the way this match was booked, everyone in that match looked pretty shitty, except the champ.

Jeff Hardy was made to look like a dimwit at the end by pinning Benjamin instead of breaking up HHH's pin. Well yeah, RedJed got that but it bears repeating.

And let me be among the first to ask for a screencap of The Brian Kendrick w/ "Current WWE Champion" in the caption.

They're giving Punk an "out" by getting jumped by Orton in the back, so either they're booking him to overcome all odds here or else it will give reason for the title loss.

My bet is still Punk retaining.

Goddamn did they make Jeff Hardy look like an idiot. Why didn't he just pull HHH off of MVP instead of trying to cover Shelton like an idiot even though he was already the champion?

The shift button is your friend, converge.

I didn't really get the impression of HHH burying anyone at all. As RedJed said, Hardy is the one who looked like a moron, but I don't think anyone else looked bad.