TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

WWE Raw - September 8, 2008

what is the point of batista trying to sit out on his powerbomb if he doesn't use it to go straight to a pin?

i fucking hate batista. god i hate him.

oh, and to the jbl/jericho comment....

it never happened.

Don't know if this has been brought up but does Punk missing this time seem a bit like maybe he may have failed some tests to anyone else?

He'll be back next week. That's one show.

Don't know if this has been brought up but does Punk missing this time seem a bit like maybe he may have failed some tests to anyone else?

No.

The guy is straight edge. What kind of test would he fail?

They're selling Orton's Concussion Kick of Death.

uh..the Orton fued is obviously still on and he has a cage match with Jericho next week.

I'd say yes, he failed a test :P

Quick thoughts-

How glourious it is. But why are they wasting a PPV match like Punk V Jericho on free tv? And to think of it Kane V Mysterio as well.

Manu? That's what they came up with after all this time? Afa Jr. was better than that.

Gotta love revisionist history.

Well hope Punk enjoyed his brief run.

Charlie Haas is getting over, expect him to be "future endeavored " soon.

Is Manu some sort of reference to the basketball player Manu Ginobili from the Spurs? Anyway aside from the goofy main event this was a fun show tonight. Rey/Bourne vs. Miz/Morrison was a really good TV match and hopefully could propel Bourne to stardom if they follow up with it.

I have to admit I'm a little hazy as to where Jericho is going with the belt right now. As in who is his next feud going to be? Batista has been flat out done to death in these lame duck main events, Punk is getting his shot on free TV, and HBK is off doing whatever.

It's only a matter of time before they realize Manu and Umaga really should be a tag team. It would bolster the tag ranks on either show, preferrably SD.

I kinda like Manu as the greedy, non-stereotypical Samoan serving as a second-gen strong arm behind Priceless. It's refreshing and good.

Wow, two matches that should really, really, really be reserved for pay-per-view.

RAW's ratings could be noticeably higher by consistently making PPV-quality main events and announcing them a week in advance, like tonight. The roster is deep enough to support doing this. Maybe they're finally getting it.

I don't know what's going on, but that was quite possibly the worst Mickie James match since her debut feud with Ashley. Everything was way off and Beth didn't even need to use a finisher to beat her. Lawler or Cole made a note that she was FINALLY getting a rematch - kind of pointing out she apparently wasn't important enough to get one on the Raw after SummerSlam - and with the match with Candace already announced, the result was never in doubt.

The crowd seemed very disinterested in the show (but oddly popped pretty big for the announcement that another town was getting a world title match) but I was happy they got into the hour 1 main event. I was ready to call the bookers incredibly incompetent if the finish to that match was anything short of Bourne hitting his picture perfect SSP in front of the Raw viewing audience and thankfully they did the right thing.

When Haas was locked in the trunk, I almost thought he would come out as Chief of Staff Orlando Jordan. Probably best they did CHL instead.

It's only a matter of time before they realize Manu and Umaga really should be a tag team. It would bolster the tag ranks on either show, preferrably SD.

I kinda like Manu as the greedy, non-stereotypical Samoan serving as a second-gen strong arm behind Priceless. It's refreshing and good.

I agree.

Wow, two matches that should really, really, really be reserved for pay-per-view.

RAW's ratings could be noticeably higher by consistently making PPV-quality main events and announcing them a week in advance, like tonight. The roster is deep enough to support doing this. Maybe they're finally getting it.

Translation: The creative team is running thin.

I almost thought Boogeyman was coming out for a match with Santino. The opening note to Snitsky's music is very similar.

Umaga is injured (and on SmackDown) but should be back shortly.

No.

The guy is straight edge. What kind of test would he fail?

They're selling Orton's Concussion Kick of Death.

The thought crossed my mind after reading about the PPV, but after tonight I don't really think so. But it wouldn't surprise me because I think the straight edge thing is just a gimmick.

The thought crossed my mind after reading about the PPV, but after tonight I don't really think so. But it wouldn't surprise me because I think the straight edge thing is just a gimmick.

You're alone on that one.

Actually I believe it's just a gimmick too, but I doubt he is serving some secret suspension or whatever. The WWE would have announced it.

It's not a gimmick. Punk really is sXe.

Punk wasn't at the PPV because of creative reasons.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...le1002703.shtml

In other news, the sky is blue and Triple H will make a bunch of undercard guys look like shit at tomorrow's SmackDown taping.

Breaking news: Wrestler booked to lose match and title by storyline writers. MEMBERS ONLY.

I believe Meltz mentioned on last night's audio update the Jericho win had been cooking for a week or so (but just one of many ideas).