TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

NFL Week 2

Guest Brady's Torn ACL

Can't rely on that place at all.

Matt Forte is probable with an ankle injury for tomorrow's game. If I may overreact a bit here, this guy appears to be quite the player, but the Bears need to be careful with how much they use him. Here's hoping that the Panthers go down easy and we can get away with a few Inferior Adrian Peterson drives to eat yards and kill time. I should look up Devin Hester's statistics in games following dumbass performances. I feel like he must tend to redeem himself on a grand scale or else we'd actually get annoyed with the guy.

Hmm, I sure hope Vince Young sorts his head out while he's out injured. Feel sorry for the guy that depression could end his career,doesn't help his team's fans rattled him up.

The NFL has a long history of screwing Baltimore. Congratulations to Roger Godell for finding a new way to fuck the Ravens! Seriously, if this was the Colts, Cowboys or Giants do you think they would have been cheated out of their bye week and now forced to play 5 out of 6 games on the road later in the year?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

How often are Indianapolis, Dallas, and New York subject to a natural disaster?

I think the team has a big say in what happens to their game given how much money is involved. The Texans refused to play at a neutral site and I don't blame their ownership at all. How is this Goodell's fault?

I think the team has a big say in what happens to their game given how much money is involved. The Texans refused to play at a neutral site and I don't blame their ownership at all. How is this Goodell's fault?

You're right, Bob McNair refused to play at a neutral site. But Goodell certainly has the right to make decisions that are in the best interest of the league. This didn't happen all of a sudden. They KNEW this storm was coming. A contingency plan should have been in place to play somewhere else if Houston was unavailable. It's more fair to have 1 team screwed financially for missing one home game than to have 2 teams screwed competitively by having no bye week. I'm sure the Texan players are elated that they won't have a bye week this year because their owner was steadfast on grabbing for the cash. That stadium would have been half-full on Monday night. He just didn't want to refund the tix money.

And my point was that if a glamor team like Indy, Dallas etc. was involved they damn sure would have thought of a different solution than making them play on their bye week. But, this is just the fucking Texans and Ravens, so who cares?

They get a bye week, it's just Week 2. About as useful as the Browns always having the 17th week off back when they joined the league.

They practiced all week thinking that they were going to play. That's not a real bye week. Now they have to play 15 straight weeks. That's a joke.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Played 12 and 14 game seasons, I think. It is a disadvantage, but it's certainly not some kind of devilish conspiracy cooked up by THE LEAGUE or whateverthefuck.

Our little pocket of Raider Nation here should be pleased (I guess) to know that Lane Kiffin is reportedly coaching for his job this weekend. Another performance like Monday and he'll be canned early next week. And then Al Davis will hire some other guy out of left field and the team will continue to suck and the same thing will happen again next year.

Our little pocket of Raider Nation here should be pleased (I guess) to know that Lane Kiffin is reportedly coaching for his job this weekend. Another performance like Monday and he'll be canned early next week. And then Al Davis will hire some other guy out of left field and the team will continue to suck and the same thing will happen again next year.

From what I saw on Monday night, Kiffin was *A* problem, but DC Rob Ryan was *THE* problem that caused the Raiders to get totally ass-raped on nation-wide TV.

The next-biggest culprit would be DeAngelo Hall, who was being his usual stupid self in taking cheap shots at Eddie Royal because he couldn't stop him. (Remember when he did this shit against Steve Smith when Atlanta played Carolina and racked up 45 yards of penalties on one drive?)

BTW, Kiffin DID want Rob Ryan canned this past off-season, but got overruled by Al Davis because Al wants to micro-manage his own franchise into the ground.

Guest Vitamin X
I'm pretty sure if Kiffin is canned next week, James Lofton is YOUR next Raiders Head Coach. Yay?

Why not promote Bob Ryan? That dude just looks like a fucking Raider.

t1_ryan.jpg

Fat, with disheveled long hair and an imposing demeanor. Hell his hair is even silver and black!

Guest Brady's Torn ACL
The NFL has a long history of screwing Baltimore. Congratulations to Roger Godell for finding a new way to fuck the Ravens! Seriously, if this was the Colts, Cowboys or Giants do you think they would have been cheated out of their bye week and now forced to play 5 out of 6 games on the road later in the year?

The roof of a football stadium just got ripped off in a hurricane and the Ravens are fucked. Is there anyone here that likes this team and isn't irretrievably retarded? What the fuck. What's in your water out there?

The roof of a football stadium just got ripped off in a hurricane and the Ravens are fucked. Is there anyone here that likes this team and isn't irretrievably retarded? What the fuck. What's in your water out there?

Things like that happen to occur in hurricanes that are the freakin' size of Texas. Everyone knew this storm was coming. The NFL botched this for both teams, regardless of what their money grubbing billionaire owner wanted.

Understand that I am a Ravens fan and I am sensitive to the NFL screwing up, then saying "oh sorry, sucks to be you.". It's happened too many times before. Baltimore and Oakland are the only two cities that had to force themselves back into the league. It's not a conscious conspiracy, they just don't give a fuck. Not playing a game this week when there are suitable venues a few hundred miles away is inexcusable.

And if this was your team facing the same situation, you would be pissed too.

When else have the Baltimore Ravens been screwed by the league? My local team got moved around as well but I'm not crying about it. The players aren't and they shouldn't. This isn't worth any measure of outcry. A hurricane wrecked havoc on the city of Houston, you think the players and the fans were going to put that aside this weekend if they moved the game to San Antonio? Yes, let's play a football game this weekend giving those circumstances as long as the goddamned Baltimore Ravens aren't affected.

My 1:00 CBS game is the completely uninteresting Tennessee-Cincinnati matchup. I hate "divisional rivals".

Prepare for two hours of Vince Young talk, Chad Johnson's number controversy, and horribly sloppy NFL football. Really looking forward to this kick-off.

When else have the Baltimore Ravens been screwed by the league? My local team got moved around as well but I'm not crying about it. The players aren't and they shouldn't. This isn't worth any measure of outcry. A hurricane wrecked havoc on the city of Houston, you think the players and the fans were going to put that aside this weekend if they moved the game to San Antonio? Yes, let's play a football game this weekend giving those circumstances as long as the goddamned Baltimore Ravens aren't affected.

Last week the Saints were moved to Indy to practice while Gus was rolling through New Orleans.

The whole T.O. trade to Baltimore debacle. Remember that? The league assured the Ravens front office that any trade with Owens was binding. Well, it didn't quite turn out that way, huh? Were any compensatory picks given for the NFL gaffe? Nope. They were simply given back their 2nd round pick. In the time that whole matter shook out, all free agent WRs were gobbled up. "Sorry, sucks to be you." That's just one example. I can give more if you like.