TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

NFL Week 3

Guest Tzar Lysergic

How many of Griese's 95 attempts was a seven yard completion to whatever dumbfuck was the strong side WR? 94?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

It was the same play over and over again on that last drive and OT. No adjustment whatsover. I hope they die.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

Well, we know the Bears went away from the run against the Seahawks last year because they'll stop it eventually. Maybe Lovie has the same fatalist approach to his own defense. Maybe Lovie is a fucking moron.

I feel really good the Bills could pull out a win when nothing was going in their favor. Probably better for the team's development than blowing out the Raiders. Hopfully this will keep their heads on the ground and focused.

Denver's orange alternates look like shit. If they want to wear orange, they should bust out 80s style throwbacks (that they never should have changed).

How many of Griese's 95 attempts was a seven yard completion to whatever dumbfuck was the strong side WR? 94?

Antonio Bryant. Most widely known for throwing a towel on Bill Parcells when both were with Dallas, he was signed out of exile this offseason to be the latest in a long line of Jon Gruden Reclamation Projects. Fans have had high hopes for him. He started today with Galloway out and had 10 catches for 100+ yards. Really encouraging.

I was impressed as all hell with Trent Edwards in the 4th quarter.

He leads a 95 yard TD drive to cut it to 2...only for the Raiders to score a quick 84 yarder to put it back to 9. And then he leads 2 more scoring drives to win it. He was hanging in there and getting hit (specifically on the Parrish TD he got CRUSHED) but he was making the plays. I'd be impressed if he had lead the comeback without having to get the extra TD...but that they didn't slow down after that setback is pretty incredible given the Bills teams I've watched for the last several years.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

To further belabor the point, since I can't use a sports analogy for sports, music analogy: being the best at reading sheet music, hitting every note and reading all the articulation marks perfectly and all is great, but you can't pull out a music stand and play the Haydn concerto if you're playing with a jazz combo. Think on your damn feet and be aware of your surroundings, Bears.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I think I like the Colts so much because they're always on after the Bears, here. Seems like it, anyway. They're almost never in the 1:00 game.

I get to see a great quarterback, with intelligent adaptive coaching.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
Oh, man. The Panthers lost and the Saints are getting crushed at Denver. Could this day get any better?

You could have a standard bowel movement.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

THAT is how a team does the bend-but-don't-break routine. Great stop, Indy.

For those not watching, Jacksonville was making the Colts look like the regular season Colts the year they won the superbowl. Pitiful porous run D that was getting squished by an OL of backups between the tackles and Jacksonville's RB tandem. They get them to 4th and short in the red zone, and use speed to stop the run behind the line.

Oh, man. The Panthers lost and the Saints are getting crushed at Denver. Could this day get any better?

Well the Pats lost their 1st regular season game in something like their last 21, lost it to the Dolphins and lost it big. That's the kind of karmic blow job that you just lie back and savor.

You could have a standard bowel movement.

I guess I kind of lobbed that one over the plate, huh?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Fred Taylor just broke four tackles on his way to an amazing 34 yard run. Just horrendous tackling from Indy.

The Ravens defense has stepped it up huge in the 2nd half, 2 ints lead to 2 TDs.

Dont look now, but they could very well be in first place going into MNF vs Pittsburgh. With as crappy as Cincy and Cleveland are, its gonna be between them for the Division.

Man, I hate games like this. Jacksonville's played so many of them with Indy these past few years that I can almost see Peyton dissecting the Jags D en route to a TD...

OT: Why is Bob's username brown?

Wow...let's see the number of things I think are wrong with the intentional grounding call that just gave the Eagles the safety:

1. He was out of the tacklebox.

2. There was a reciever in the area.

3. The pass was tipped.

Funnily he was down anyway...so the safety call ended up being correct...even though the call on the field was horrifically wrong.

Another day, another Lions loss.

Seriuosly, I think they may be the worst team in football right now. The good news is that Kitna went down late...hopefully he broke his ankle or something.

I've got to question what kind of clock management skills the Raiders were employing in that game.

They were up 9 with under 6:30 to play with 2 timeouts. The Bills had 1 timeout.

The Bills ended up being the team to run the clock down at the end...and Oakland flew home with 2 timeouts in their pocket.