TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NFL Week 5

I would just like to say that... I hate Gregg Williams more than I can hate any human being alive right now. Yes, yes... I know it wasn't all his fault and shit, but fuck that shit. That sorry ass, no-good motherfucker keeps doing the same shit over and over again on defense as if he *loves* watching his defenses get nickel-and-dimed to death because he's always rushing at least 5 or 6 and dropping everyone else back deep. Hey, shithead, learn how to adjust the goddamn defense DURING THE FUCKING GAME FOR ONCE, YOU FUCKING PRICK!

Fuck him, fuck him, FUCK HIM! Fucking cocksucking asshole!

I feel somewhat better now after getting that out of my system...

Yeah, as a Redskin fan I probably should've warned you that good ol' Double G (extra G for Genius) is not a fan of the whole 'in game adjustments' thing. Week to week is the best you're gonna get. He can sure dial up a nice looking blitz every once in a while though. That's a 'my bad' on my part.

As for the Skins win, I'm pretty pumped. I had the Skins' record at this point being 2-3 with them stealing the Cowboys game in the final seconds. I was NOT expecting them to go into two division opponents' houses and dominate them (for those that say that a 2-point win and a 6-point win do not equal 'domination', I point to the Week 1 game against the Giants). That was fun to watch, and I'm getting cautiously optimistic about this team's chances in the future. The Skins have yet to play a team with an offense ranked below the top ten prior to their meeting, and each team has had their low output for the season (in either yards and/or points) when facing the Skins. Also, the Eagles were the first team the Skins have played so far that had lost a game prior to their meeting. Yet, they're 4-1. With the schedule being decidedly less strenuous over the next several weeks, the Skins could be looking very good going into their bye in Week 10.

The Giants are the best team in the NFL right now, regardless of their schedule. However, the Skins aren't far behind, and tend to play divisional opponents really, really tough later in the season. It'll be interesting to say the very least. Oh, and the Cowboys aren't so bad either. Philly will string together some victories and will make some noise down the stretch as well. Best division out there, with the NFC South being second.

Finally, collectively this is the worse refereed season so far I think I've ever seen. I don't think I need to elaborate here. Just brutal.

GOD DAMMIT FUCKING BULLSHIT IS THIS?! I MEAN SERIOUSLY HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN BEGIN TO MANAGE COUGHING UP THE GAME LIKE THAT IN LESS THAN FIVE FUCKING MINUTES YOU GO FROM BEING SEVENTEEN UP TO LOOKING AT DUNGY GRIN AT YOU LIKE A BUNCH OF FUCKING IDIOTS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T DO SHIT RIGHT SAVE FOR FUCKING UP ANOTHER FUCKING GAME AT HOME WHEN YOU SHOULD'VE HAD IT IN THE GOD DAMNED MOTHER FUCKING BAG!

That was a .7 cpac.

True, but after seeing the highlights, it was well-earned.

I would just like to say that... I hate Gregg Williams more than I can hate any human being alive right now. Yes, yes... I know it wasn't all his fault and shit, but fuck that shit. That sorry ass, no-good motherfucker keeps doing the same shit over and over again on defense as if he *loves* watching his defenses get nickel-and-dimed to death because he's always rushing at least 5 or 6 and dropping everyone else back deep. Hey, shithead, learn how to adjust the goddamn defense DURING THE FUCKING GAME FOR ONCE, YOU FUCKING PRICK!

Fuck him, fuck him, FUCK HIM! Fucking cocksucking asshole!

I feel somewhat better now after getting that out of my system...

Yeah, as a Redskin fan I probably should've warned you that good ol' Double G (extra G for Genius) is not a fan of the whole 'in game adjustments' thing. Week to week is the best you're gonna get. He can sure dial up a nice looking blitz every once in a while though. That's a 'my bad' on my part.

As for the Skins win, I'm pretty pumped. I had the Skins' record at this point being 2-3 with them stealing the Cowboys game in the final seconds. I was NOT expecting them to go into two division opponents' houses and dominate them (for those that say that a 2-point win and a 6-point win do not equal 'domination', I point to the Week 1 game against the Giants). That was fun to watch, and I'm getting cautiously optimistic about this team's chances in the future. The Skins have yet to play a team with an offense ranked below the top ten prior to their meeting, and each team has had their low output for the season (in either yards and/or points) when facing the Skins. Also, the Eagles were the first team the Skins have played so far that had lost a game prior to their meeting. Yet, they're 4-1. With the schedule being decidedly less strenuous over the next several weeks, the Skins could be looking very good going into their bye in Week 10.

The Giants are the best team in the NFL right now, regardless of their schedule. However, the Skins aren't far behind, and tend to play divisional opponents really, really tough later in the season. It'll be interesting to say the very least. Oh, and the Cowboys aren't so bad either. Philly will string together some victories and will make some noise down the stretch as well. Best division out there, with the NFC South being second.

Finally, collectively this is the worse refereed season so far I think I've ever seen. I don't think I need to elaborate here. Just brutal.

As another Redskins fan, I am impressed by their ability to go on the road against division opponents and dominate the trenches, not get pushed around and find ways to win. Especially impressive in Philly when for one they were down 14-0 quick, and two this was a game you know Philly "had to win" I think people were giving them less a chance to win this one then the game in Dallas because of the circumstances.

My hope now though is that they establish themselves as a dominant team over the next three weeks. They play, St. Louis, Cleveland, & Detroit the next three games. These are not the Redskins should only beat by 2, or 4, or have a w/l come down to a defensive stand in the fourth quarter. It's been awhile since I have seen a Redskins team that not only can go out and play their NFC East rivals tough, but when an inferior team comes along, they let them know by just unleashing the beast on them. The next three weeks is going to tell a lot about whether this team is ready to take the next step.

Best division out there, with the NFC South being second.

This. Atlanta's emergence as a respectable team means that all four squads are good.

Like last year, LSU-Florida weekend is accompanied by a major opportunity for the Bucs to establish themselves as a contender. Last year it was Indianapolis (which didn't go so well) and this year it's the hated Panthers. I hope we crush them. Bucs by 40.

Man, I hate Jake Delhomme. I was so happy when that fucker got injured last year. Some of the most painful moments of the Bucs post-SB malaise have been in games against Carolina. That week 2 loss in the 2003 season with all the blocked kicks...I still get nightmares about that one. It marked the end of Martin Gramatica's usefulness as a kicker in Tampa. Last year, they gave Cadillac Williams a potentially career-ending injury. This one is so personal to me that instead of watching the tiny lines on NFL.com, I'll be getting loaded and watching on the big screen at Buffalo's Southwest Cafe.

I really like Atlanta and am impressed at how they've turned things around. Matt Ryan has a comfortable go to receiver in Roddy White, they have a solid running game with Turner/Norwood despite the lack of a great O-Line and I think people are seriously underestimating their offensive ability to get into opponent territory. They tend to punt fairly often in the opponent's 40-45 territory.

Here's a look at their big drives. The games in TB and CAR could've been different had they turned the field goals into touchdowns.

Week 1: Drive 1: TD, Drive 2: TD, Drive 3: TD, Drive 4: FG at DET 32, Drive 5: TD, Drive 6: FG at DET 7, Drive 7: End of game at DET 16

Week 2: Drive 1: Punt at TB 36, Drive 2: punt at TB 38, Drive 3: FG at TB 14, Drive 4: FG at TB 9, Drive 5: FG at TB 6

Week 3: Drive 1: TD, Drive 2: TD, Drive 3: FG at KC 9, Drive 4: TD, Drive 5: TD, Drive 6: Punt at KC 44, Drive 7: Punt at KC 43

Week 4: Drive 1: Punt at CAR 46, Drive 2: FG at CAR 15, Drive 3: FG at CAR 26, Drive 4: FG at CAR 26, Drive 5: Punt at CAR 43, Drive 6: Turnover on Downs at CAR 15

Week 5: Drive 1: TD, Drive 2: FG at GB 24, Drive 3: Punt at GB 41, Drive 4: TD, Drive 5: Punt at GB 45, Drive 6: INT at GB 12, Drive 7: FG at GB 23, Drive 8: TD, Drive 9: End of game at GB 37

Games like this are why no one (most Bills fans included) can ever really get behind this team. Yes, they are still 4-1 and leading the division going into their bye but the way they played today makes me very nervous for the rest of the schedule.

I know you are a Bills fan, and so am I. So I can't fathom that you don't understand what happened here. Losman threw an 87 yard TD. And that was great. And it was pure Losman. The other side of Losman is fumbles, INTs and 3 and outs. Things that Edwards just plain old doesn't do. The Bills got RAPED in Time of Possession. And they got blown out. No shit. Losman can not. Will not. Has not. Is not. Able to lead a team of short yard gains to first downs and driving the ball.

Keep the ball out of the opponents hands...and funny thing...they can't score.

Losman puts the ball in their hands as quick as possible. Whether the Bills scored or not.

What's worse is that he did the thing he always did. He made himself unblameable by leading TWO...TWO... let me repeat this TWO TD drives when we let the Cards have the ball all day.

I hate Losman. I hate that he cant throw an 8 yard pass to save his life...let alone a 6, 5, 4...pretty much anything under 60... to keep the defense off the field.

God forbid the team that thinks this man can play football on this level when his contract comes up.

And God bless the fans of that team.

I think that's my problem with JP. I cut him slack because he can make a big play happen on occasion but he can't sustain a drive while Edwards so far has shown he can. Losman is partly to blame for yesterday but bottom line is that the defense was pathetic. Going into that game they were number one in third down stops and that fell apart completely. Warner also had time to read War and Peace back there while JP was rushed constantly. Considering both lines feature Pro Bowl players, I expect a lot more.

So I guess there's a game tonight. I don't think either team's defense matches up very well with the opposing offense, so I'd expect an exciting, high-scoring game. I'll get to experience it the way football was meant to be experienced: Through periodic ESPN Radio updates in between segments of Dawg Talk with Mark Richt. This should be even more captivating than usual this week, as the Bulldogs had no game this weekend. Perhaps they'll spend the 2 and half hours breaking down Richt's golf game. Maybe we'll get more teary-eyed tributes to retired octogenarian Larry Munson. Maybe Herschel Walker will break out his "Warrior" persona. Time will tell.

oh man, that play was great... blocking the kick and it happens to land right in the Viking's hands for a TD run

Martin Gramatica everyone!

On-sides kick? Come on Payton, don't be a dumbass.

Well that sucks, but Saints didn't really deserve to win this one with all the miscues and having Martin Gramatica as a field goal kicker.

All these losses this year have been so frustrating.

The Vikings didn't deserve to win it either really, with their own miscues, constantly running AD up the middle despite the fact it just wasn't working, letting Bush totally demolish them on the punt returns, and the face-mask non-call

I'll take the win, but I ain't proud of it

Not a good week:

Early

Kansas City at Carolina - W

Chicago at Detroit - W

Atlanta at Green Bay - L

San Diego at Miami - L

Seattle at NY Giants - W

Washington at Philadelphia - L

Tennessee at Baltimore - L

Indianapolis at Houston - W

Late