TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maztinho

Audio Drivers?

So my friend built me my computer, but recently I had to wipe everything off it, and go basically back to Windows XP after my system wouldn't boot properly, in this wiping my audio driver went bye bye.

I have a good video card, and I can watch things on-line, but there is no sound. I have an ATI card of some kind (I can run World of Warcraft easily if that is of any help...). I don't know if my friend brought over something and loaded the audio driver, or if he had me find it later.

Is there a place on-line that I can find a free audio driver? Or am I going to just search down a long lost acquaintance to come over and fix it so I can hear.

Me and sound problems, I'll tell you.

Haha!

My friend made me a copy of the driver install that I needed, he just misnamed it. Everythings kosher now.

Gracias.

I totally thought this thread was about something else.

I have a problem similar to this. I've went through three sets of speakers in the last few months, and all of them ultimately stop working after a few days. Then sometimes they work, then don't. I go to sounds and devices in the control panel and then it says there are no audio drivers. This has happened numerous times and I really have no clue of what to do. I just bought new speakers Saturday and they were working fine until an hour ago.