TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

The Hockey Thread - October

I guess I missed something.

*points to custom user title*

The Kings looked great in their 4-0 win. If not for a terrible 2nd period against Colorado and some stupid penalties against the Sharks in game 2, they'd be 4-2 or 5-1 rather than 3-3.

The game against Nashville tomorrow is radio only, but I'll be at the Ontario Reign's home opener anyway. Has anyone else seen any live hockey yet this season? Also, does anyone know of any torrents to download games? I think tomorrow's game is on Nashville TV.

Matt's still hung up on being owned in the sports folder, I guess.

I haven't seen any live hockey yet, but I have tickets to see the Leafs in November, the Canucks in December, and Washington after Christmas.

Also about to get tix to see the Canucks when they come to NY, and might go to Devils v. Sens in January. Half price tix for Jews!

Czech's next avatar might as well be a Steven Richards "Yeah huh!"

The Blues started off well last year, too, as I recall. We'll see. Tkachuk and Kariya are too old for 75 more games like this.

If anyone was wondering it was the Montreal Canadiens vs USSR on New Year's Eve.

Everybody knows the greatest hockey game ever played was the Miracle on Ice, and the reason it was great was because of how they WON THE GAME.

I'm not indulging any more half-baked standings proposals. They're all going to be retarded. Post one and it will be deleted.

That could have been said about Canada/USA in 02, but its not.

The 1975 New Years Eve game between the Montreal Canadiens vs The Red Army was a dream come true. It was the best hockey team in the history of professional hockey versus the best International Hockey Team.

The Red Army was suppose to have a lethal power play, able to out skate the Flying Frenchman, make every pass 100% with little error, and have spectacular Goaltending from Vladislav Tretiak. The Habs out played them, out skate them, and had a better system, but Tretiak stood in the way.

If you haven't seen the game Czech, then maybe you should, and maybe you might have a little more respect for our niche little game that we call hockey.

I'm sure both teams played flawless hockey, and it was probably a lot of fun to watch, but do you understand that you're trying to convince people that an exhibition game that ended in a tie is the greatest game in the history of the sport?

I guess I missed something.

*points to custom user title*

The Kings looked great in their 4-0 win. If not for a terrible 2nd period against Colorado and some stupid penalties against the Sharks in game 2, they'd be 4-2 or 5-1 rather than 3-3.

The game against Nashville tomorrow is radio only, but I'll be at the Ontario Reign's home opener anyway. Has anyone else seen any live hockey yet this season? Also, does anyone know of any torrents to download games? I think tomorrow's game is on Nashville TV.

Kings/Preds isn't on TV anywhere. That sucks.

Considering this is the first not-really good team the Kings have played, I'd say they did pretty well. I'm worried that the Kings record is going to come crashing down once the dam bursts on the penalty kill, but other than that, nothing to be concerned about. Being 3-3 with a perfect PK is a huge bummer. The Quincey pickup was huge, I think Detroit may regret that one. He's really good.

I may actually brave the astronomic costs for parking and head out to Staples once or twice to watch these guys.

I'm not indulging any more half-baked standings proposals. They're all going to be retarded. Post one and it will be deleted.

That's wonderful. Please use the scroll down button next time people discuss this issue, instead of being a douchebag.

Mods should never be supressing discussion.

Given how the Sens are falling apart, I'm really hoping the Leafs can pick them apart tomorrow, especially coming off night 2 of a back to back for the Sens.

Arguably, the greatest hockey game that has ever been played ended in a 3-3 tie.

If anyone was wondering it was the Montreal Canadiens vs USSR on New Year's Eve.

Was that the same tour that The Sabres routed USSR and got a standing ovation the next game they played in Montreal?

I went to a Kings game last year and paid nothing for parking. I just parked on the street a block away.

Which block? Two years ago I parked about a half mile from the building and still had to drop a 20 for the spot. Now it's 30 bucks!

Small street, don't remember the name. But it was just west of the convention center. I could see the parking garage entrance. I think it's a residential area. Really just go to the other side of the venue, then you get away from those morons and their parking lots.

God help me, I agree with Star Ocean.

But I can't say why, since it's standings related. I wonder if there'll be a new word for it, like we did with nigger-teddy bear a few years ago, or the Glenn Beck-gay sex thing in the spring.

"Folks, Colorado's three-game win streak has seen them shoot up the heroin in this early NHL campaign."

Matt's still hung up on being owned in the sports folder, I guess.

I guess you think that if you keep saying it, that will make it true. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

Kings/Preds isn't on TV anywhere. That sucks.

Considering this is the first not-really good team the Kings have played, I'd say they did pretty well. I'm worried that the Kings record is going to come crashing down once the dam bursts on the penalty kill, but other than that, nothing to be concerned about. Being 3-3 with a perfect PK is a huge bummer. The Quincey pickup was huge, I think Detroit may regret that one. He's really good.

I may actually brave the astronomic costs for parking and head out to Staples once or twice to watch these guys.

I thought I read that Detroit didn't have room for him on their roster, or something.

In regards to the parking, you could always take the Metrolink. There's a station within walking distance of Staples. I've taken the train there for both WrestleMania 21 as well as E3 at the LACC.

It might only be 2 periods old, but I hope the rest of the 14 games being played tonight are as good as the Devils/Flyers game.

Im going to have a hard time deciding which games to watch tonight.

Watch Colorado/Buffalo. Both teams can score.

Good suggestion. Buffalo is exciting to watch and Stastny is a personal favorite. No matter what though, I have to support my home team, Coyotes.

I guess you think that if you keep saying it, that will make it true. Whatever makes you feel better about yourself.

No, I did. Sorry if you think otherwise, but I'm not surprised, since you're not very bright.

Let's hope the Leafs can make the game tonight against the Sens a competitive one.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H
The 1975 New Years Eve game between the Montreal Canadiens vs The Red Army was a dream come true. It was the best hockey team in the history of professional hockey versus the best International Hockey Team.

The Red Army was suppose to have a lethal power play, able to out skate the Flying Frenchman, make every pass 100% with little error, and have spectacular Goaltending from Vladislav Tretiak. The Habs out played them, out skate them, and had a better system, but Tretiak stood in the way.

If you haven't seen the game Czech, then maybe you should, and maybe you might have a little more respect for our niche little game that we call hockey.

You can't talk shit to me like this. You like Nickelback.

That's wonderful. Please use the scroll down button next time people discuss this issue, instead of being a douchebag.

Mods should never be supressing discussion.

We're not taking anything lightly these days, are we Bob. Jesus Christ. You could, and did, put it right back. Exhausting.

I'm worried that the Kings record is going to come crashing down once the dam bursts on the penalty kill, but other than that, nothing to be concerned about. Being 3-3 with a perfect PK is a huge bummer.

Oh look

Nashville 9:32, Patric Hornqvist 2 (power play) (David Legwand)

Nashville 10:33, J.P. Dumont 2 (Patric Hornqvist, Jason Arnott)

Nashville 12:48, Ryan Suter 2 (power play) (Shea Weber, J.P. Dumont)

Lucic with his first career hat trick. He added an assist as well. 5-4 Broons win.

Defense needs to buckle down again. They're too hot/cold. They had two great games and have looked like shit the last two.

My sophisticated analysis: The Senators are not a good hockey team.

It seemed like they just came out flat tonight.

Ron Wilson has been a godsend for the Leafs- it seems no one told him the Leafs were supposed to tank the season to get a high draft pick. Luke Schenn is awesome, and I take back the bad things I said about Vesa.

We're not taking anything lightly these days, are we Bob. Jesus Christ. You could, and did, put it right back. Exhausting.

I just don't like my posts being edited. Sorry if I came off too dicky.

Guest C*Z*E*C*H

No hard feelings, but come on, you were testing me. It was the principle of it. Hockey standings arguments may continue, but that doesn't mean they'll be good arguments.