TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 10/7 - 10/11

Hell no. I'm just saying Venables should've been the coach in the first place! He probably wouldn't have brought 50,000 JUCO guys in.

Well yes, he should have been, but for whatever reason Venables was the one who turned down the slot. I don't recall if it was because KSU didn't make a good enough offer or if he really was just more satisfied down in Norman, but it certainly would have been better than the eventual "allright, you'll do" hiring of Prince

As for the Juco players, that's just continuing the tradition that Snyder started

Hell no. I'm just saying Venables should've been the coach in the first place! He probably wouldn't have brought 50,000 JUCO guys in.

Well yes, he should have been, but for whatever reason Venables was the one who turned down the slot. I don't recall if it was because KSU didn't make a good enough offer or if he really was just more satisfied down in Norman, but it certainly would have been better than the eventual "allright, you'll do" hiring of Prince

As for the Juco players, that's just continuing the tradition that Snyder started

But, there is one fundamental difference between Snyder and Prince.......Snyder was a good coach!

Missouri should be #1. I don't know if they're the best team, but they put in the best performances week in and week out. Alabama at #2, Texas at #3. This is a good result for USC and the other one loss teams, because honestly, I thought Oklahoma was going to chug along straight into the title game. Now it won't be that way.

Texas I don't see winning out either. I think we've got a pretty good shot of seeing Alabama-Penn State in the title game. Good season thus far.

Thank God I wasn't around to watch the Michigan game. Nothing more needs to be said about that. Glad to see Texas win though, and don't look now, but Notre Dame's up on UNC. How the fuck did Jimmy Clausen become good all of a sudden?

STANFORD~ edges the omnipotent Arizona Wildcats with a last minute touchdown! 4-3! 3-1 in the Pac-10! Undefeated at home! You just don't walk into half empty Stanford Stadium and expect to get a "W" motherfuckers!

Auburn loses at home to what has been by far the worst team in the ESS EEE SEE, Arkansas, 25-22. Tuberville may have to beat Alabama to save his job.

And good on UNC for beating Notre Dame as the last thing we need is the Irish back in the Top 25 and on their way to stealing a BCS bid. They still might steal one since they should be favored in all of their remaining games until their finale at USC.

STANFORD~ edges the omnipotent Arizona Wildcats with a last minute touchdown! 4-3! 3-1 in the Pac-10! Undefeated at home! You just don't walk into half empty Stanford Stadium and expect to get a "W" motherfuckers!

Stanford beats Arizona:

"The Pac-1 sucks outside of USC, there are no good teams, just a bunch of crappy ones beating each other!"

Mississippi St. beats Vanderbilt:

"This just shows the depth of the SEC, and how every team is good enough to beat every other team week in and week out!"

Guest Vitamin X

Stanford beats Arizona:

"The Pac-1 sucks outside of USC, there are no good teams, just a bunch of crappy ones beating each other!"

Yeah, and apparently that applies even when USC loses its Pac-10 opener against an unranked team!

Stanford beats Arizona:

"This just shows the depth of the SEC, and how every team is good enough to beat every other team week in and week out!"

:angry:

Not every fan of an SEC school thinks that(the media, on the other hand...). Mississippi State sucks ass and Vandy managed to suck even worse than they could. And then you have the same shit happening with Auburn/Arkansas.

Stanford beats Arizona:

:angry:

Not every fan of an SEC school thinks that(the media, on the other hand...). Mississippi State sucks ass and Vandy managed to suck even worse than they could. And then you have the same shit happening with Auburn/Arkansas.

I was referring more to the media/blog crowd. I have plenty of friends here at school who did their undergrad at SEC schools and have a realistic viewpoint of the weak and strong teams in the conference.

I had thought you were talking about the media/bloggers. I just really hate when fans from other conferences generalize the SEC fanbase like that just because the mouth-breathing idiot SEC fans(who generally have no fucking clue as to what they're talking about) tend to get the most publicity because it's controversial or some shit.

Damn, I hate those fanatical bastards...

Does LSU think they're on a bye-week or something? Florida's beating that ass like they stole something.

Damn where'd all the points go in the OK State/Mizzou game? 10-7? What's this shit? I wanted a 70-63 shootout god dammit!

Oregon State is up 66-13 on Washington State. So far this year against I-A teams, Wazzu has been outscored 307-64.

Damn where'd all the points go in the OK State/Mizzou game? 10-7? What's this shit? I wanted a 70-63 shootout god dammit!

Oregon State is up 66-13 on Washington State. So far this year against I-A teams, Wazzu has been outscored 307-64.

To be fair in the OkSt game, it should be 16-10, but there have been 3 missed FGs, 2 of which were short kicks that definitely should have been made, 1 by each team.

Just as I type that OkSt with a 70 yard TD run to make it 13-10..er..maybe not.

Once again, Florida lets LSU back in the game when they should be up by 30. The Gators need to respond with a huge drive on offense or it could be real trouble for Florida.

In fact, looking at next week's schedule, looks like the luster came off a couple other games due to losses today, including OU-KU and Vandy-Georgia.

Big game next week appears to be Michigan State hosting Ohio State with the winner in good position to win the Big 10 (both teams eventually play Penn State, so that will be settled provided someone wins out).

On that note, what's going on in the Big 10 in the first place? Yeah, two of the traditional teams in OSU and PSU are on top, but MSU, Minnesota and Northwestern are all having their own very surprising seasons