TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

My name is...Adult Swim Thread

"Superjail"-Jesus, this show is awesome.

I LOVE Superjail. Too bad Korgoth never caught momentum :/

I thought for a long time they got a season order for Korgoth and it never came back. It's a shame, I enjoyed that pilot episode more than Fat Guy stuck in the internet.

It amazes me how Adult Swim still airs shows like Tim and Eric Show Great Job and Fat Guy stuck in the internet. Those shows are freaking horrible. I think I saw Korgoth. Was it the barbarian guy who stormed a tower to kill someone who wasn't even at the tower for a woman or something? I forget, it's been so long.

Nothing Adult Swim has aired, is airing, or will ever air will be as bad as Xavier: Renegade Angel. I'll even extend that to not only all of Cartoon Network, but every other channel. That show is worse than My Two Dads.

It amazes me how Adult Swim still airs shows like Tim and Eric Show Great Job and Fat Guy stuck in the internet. Those shows are freaking horrible. I think I saw Korgoth. Was it the barbarian guy who stormed a tower to kill someone who wasn't even at the tower for a woman or something? I forget, it's been so long.

Awesome show actually has great moments. The scene in my sig is one of them and the one with Abbey Brooks was great.

Awesome show actually has great moments. The scene in my sig is one of them and the one with Abbey Brooks was great.

"Awesome Show" is unbelievably hit and miss. For every great skit and moment, there are several that feel too much like "look how weird and untraditional this is!", leaving me to wonder "why am I watching this?" "Tom Goes to the Mayor" was much better-the episode with Gary Busey as a wrestling coach makes me laugh every damn time.

I tried watching Tim and Eric, I turned the channel after 2 minutes. I've never enjoyed any of their work.

Tim & Eric is the best show of 2008. Fuck tha hataz.

Show sucks ass

In other news FX has cancelled The Riches. Good enough show, but was never great. Season 2 was better than season 1 though, too bad they didn't get to put an ending on it

Here's how I'd break down the [as] and Williams Street originals, more or less.

Great: Venture Brothers, Metalocalypse, ATHF, Home Movies, Boondocks, Harvey Birdman, Robot Chicken

Good: Space Ghost, Moral Orel, Brak Show, Sealab

Okay: Lucy, Tom Goes to the Mayor, Tim and Eric

Mediocre: Frisky Dingo, Superjail, Stroker and Hoop

Total, Irredeemable Shit: Squidbillies, 12 oz. Mouse, Perfect Hair Forever, Saul, Assy McGee, Minoriteam, Xavier, Fat Guy

I do like some of Tim and Eric's humor and went to lengths to defend TGTTM when it came out.

Superjail had a sick style that reminded me of MTV's old cartoon block, but it just wasn't funny.

Oh come on, Squidbillies got awesome as did Frisky Dingo. The rest of those, yeah they were miserable garbage. But Frisky Dingo was just a superhero/supervillian version of Sealab. Probably why I grew to love the show.

I'd put Frisky Dingo above Morel Orel, but Orel's comedy just didn't ring with me. I got the jokes, but they weren't funny to me.

I'd put Frisky Dingo above Morel Orel, but Orel's comedy just didn't ring with me. I got the jokes, but they weren't funny to me.
"

Frisky Dingo" is one of my all time fave AS shows. Not a bad moment, and hilarious throughout (come on ,"The Ballocaust" bit was awesome.) I honestly think Assy gets better at around season 2, but that's probably just me. "Morel Orel" feels too much like it's creator has some serious childhood issues, and uses the show as an outlet to work through his them. That's fine and all, but man, it really isn't funny. "Lucy" is great, but that's mostly because H. John Benjamin is awesome. "Squidbillies" deserves more love. Also, I'm really loving "Shin Chan" more than I thought I would.

I realize that I'm probably the only 12 oz. Mouse fan on the entire planet, but it confuses me why that show's random surrealist stoner humor is considered to be worthy of nothing but being set on fire while Tim & Eric's random surrealist stoner humor actually has some admirers.

I'd put Moral Orel and Sea Lab amoung the greats. Sea Lab was my favorite of the early Willams St. shows, in part because I had beg memories of Sea Lab 2020 burried deep in the rescesses of my memory. I was brought up Lutheran and watched a lot of Davey and Goliath growing up so the early episodes rang true as a good parody, then it just went for out and out dark humor and I loved it even more.

I never liked 12 oz. Mouse, but it did have one of the most kick ass openings ever.

Sometimes an lol so random concept becomes hard to get past and is just stupid. As much as I adore ATHF, Squidbillies and Assy McGee are two of those, and nothing I've seen writing-wise from them since has made me come around.

Frisky does have some great moments, like the Ballocaust. But as different as the two are in humor, then I think, why bother with it when there's already a far superior genre parody.

One night, me and my roomie were just sorta randomly watching TV when Tim & Eric came on. We watched the whole episode, in the same sort of way that someone rubbernecks when they drive by a car crash. I literally don't think either of us laughed once. We didn't even see anything that seemed like it was supposed to be a joke. It was just a bunch of stuff happening that didn't seem to make any sense.

We came to the conclusion that the joke for the show must be on the people who actually air it. I think those guys giggle themselves silly that someone actually pays them money to do that.

That said, Venture Bros and Metalocalypse are the best shows they show on there currently, in my eyes. Home Movies was fucking stellar as well.

I haven't seen much Tim & Eric, but someone once said it was like getting a hand job from a majestic lowland gorilla: once you get over the initial shock, it's nothing but discomfort.

Nothing Adult Swim has aired, is airing, or will ever air will be as bad as Xavier: Renegade Angel. I'll even extend that to not only all of Cartoon Network, but every other channel. That show is worse than My Two Dads.

Oh what the fuck ever to that, Xavier is a fun show. Sure its strange as all hell but how can you watch a show like Aqua Teen or half the stuff they have on that show and NOT like Xavier?

Frisky Dingo is certainly the best thing they're doign right now, or at least AS good.

Moral Orel is almost perfect to me, right now. I gotta step up for those two shows. Absolutely.

Morel Oral I think is in that category of "Really Like It or Hate It" there's no, "Yeah it's okay."

Morel Orel >>>>>>> Tim and Eric. And I'm not even that big a fan of Orel. I just stare in open-mouthed shock any time I've actually felt brave enough to watch some T&E, in utter disbelief that anything this amateurish would actually be allowed to air on a major television network. (Especially since it's, y'know, NOT A CARTOON. I know it's not the only such show they've got on there, but it's the only one they've kept running for multiple seasons.)

I liken Tim & Eric to a poor man's Whitest Kids U'Know...only without the sense of humor that the WKUK have...or the timing...or knowledge of things to parody...or versatility...yeah...it sucks.

Superjail is alright, but the first ep I saw was better than the second. First ep was Fight City, second was the one last night about the female version of Superjail that crashes into it and is filled with demonic bimbos. Might be all the episodes there are for all I know.

Watching the re-run of Metalocalypse last night, the "Duncan Hills Coffe Jingle" one, made me realize how much better the second season is. The jokes are just so much better, and every character (well...except Skwisgar) is fleshed out a little bit better.

I liken Tim & Eric to a poor man's Whitest Kids U'Know...only without the sense of humor that the WKUK have...or the timing...or knowledge of things to parody...or versatility...yeah...it sucks.

Funny, I think the opposite. WKUK is probably the most unfunny show on television. Absolutely painful to sit through. Tim & Eric usually does well when they just try to stay the parody of cable access/local morning news shows. But instead, they always got to through in some weirdness about the two of them that kills the pacing of the show.

The best thing about TEAS is Dr Steve Brule aka John C Reilly. Sometimes he is the only funny damn thing in the show. It's one of those shows where it might have one or two funny moments in a span of three episodes, it's just strange.

Those two two-part Metalocalypse episodes they did this season fucking ruled the school. Given that extra time to build to jokes really helped those episodes, which are prolly some of the best they've ever done.

That show really should be 22 minutes long; They can sustain it, easily.