TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Lance Cade gets future endeavor'd

The Cade and Jindrak duo was the shit. I loved it when they teamed up with Maven to have a mini-feud with Evolution. One of my favorite things from 2003.

I recall Cade and Jindrak stealing a bounty from HHH at one point and he immediately beat them down with a sledgehammer and took the money back. That is roughly the high point of their run.

From JR's blog:

The story that I have read on many internet sites about the reason for Cade's sudden dismissal isn't accurate. Many punhdits speculate that Cade was dismissed because of a bad performance in a recent TV bout against DX on Raw which is absolutely untrue. Lance's dismissal had zero to do with his in ring performances or his lack of ability.

Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc.

Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh.

Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation.

Lance Cade is a talented young man whose best days should be ahead of him and I wish him nothing but success. Lance has been knocked down and now it is up to him to get off the canvas and get back in the game. I'm damn sure pulling for him.

Let's hope Lance's peers are paying attention to this situation.

So Randy Orton does drugs backstage and gets a slap on the wrist, but Lance Cade does it on a plane and gets shitcanned.

Nice one.

I have a serious question regarding the link between video games and seizures. Why is it that Nintendo is the only company (to my knowledge) that puts a seizure warning in front of their games, before you see anything regarding developers or publishers? If this fallout from the Pokemon Seizure thing from several years ago, or just Nintendo spreading awareness?

I don't get what JR is trying to say. It's like he wanted to come out and say the whole story but was prevented from doing so. The seizure aspect could be anything, Ross didn't elaborate on it.

So Randy Orton does drugs backstage and gets a slap on the wrist, but Lance Cade does it on a plane and gets shitcanned.

Nice one.

I've yet too see some one OD off weed, I've tried to do this everyday for about 10 years, so I'm kind of an expert.

I don't get what JR is trying to say. It's like he wanted to come out and say the whole story but was prevented from doing so. The seizure aspect could be anything, Ross didn't elaborate on it.

It could be anything, but within the realm of a "major league mistake that cost him his job". That narrows it down significantly.

He could have gone into a seizure from severe withdrawl. I used to have 'em. You do a ton of pills everyday for months/years, then not take any for a few days and your brain will shut down on you for a second, resulting in passing out and convulsing.

I have a serious question regarding the link between video games and seizures. Why is it that Nintendo is the only company (to my knowledge) that puts a seizure warning in front of their games, before you see anything regarding developers or publishers? If this fallout from the Pokemon Seizure thing from several years ago, or just Nintendo spreading awareness?

They've been in NES instruction books since the 80s.

Nice one.

I've yet too see some one OD off weed, I've tried to do this everyday for about 10 years, so I'm kind of an expert.

Marijuana is also a non-strike fine. Why did this even come up as being the same?

They've been in NES instruction books since the 80s.

Nice one.

Marijuana is also a non-strike fine. Why did this even come up as being the same?

Enigma?

That's totally bush league for JR to mention Lance's personal problems in such a manner. Even if he was a total wreck on the flight, that's between him and his employer. I don't see how WWE gains by bad-mouthing Cade in a public forum. The company should be above responding to bogus internet rumors.

I dont get where "having a seizure" equates to "drugs."

Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care.

Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned

Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made

Let's hope Lance's peers are paying attention to this situation

Drugs.

I may have been a tad misleading. I got that, but the way JR's blog reads it makes it seem like the "major league mistake" is having a seizure. At which my slightly drunk brain thought to myself "wow, getting fired for having a seizure has to be fucking stupid."

There are drugs which can cause seizures when overdosed. (Note that there are many different levels of overdose, experiencing an OD doesn't necessarily lead to being found dead in a hotel room.) One that comes to mind is a muscle relaxant called Soma, which is pretty popular with many wrestlers and, when taken in too large a dose, causes seizure-like conditions: loss of conciousness, uncontrollable muscle spasms, and so on.

That's totally bush league for JR to mention Lance's personal problems in such a manner. Even if he was a total wreck on the flight, that's between him and his employer. I don't see how WWE gains by bad-mouthing Cade in a public forum. The company should be above responding to bogus internet rumors.

Whether Cade did or didn't do something wrong, JR's blog post is clearly a violation of Cade's medical privacy. JR should have simply left the firing as a private issue and not addressed it further. This kind of innuendo mongering is beneath him.

Yeah, regardless of the wording I don't think JR should have mentioned this stuff in his blog. It's the sort of thing the net and dirt sheets would report, but not someone who actually works for the company.

Whether Cade did or didn't do something wrong, JR's blog post is clearly a violation of Cade's medical privacy. JR should have simply left the firing as a private issue and not addressed it further. This kind of innuendo mongering is beneath him.

Wonder if Lance will try filing a lawsuit against the company as the result of J.R.'s blog entry?

Yeah, regardless of the wording I don't think JR should have mentioned this stuff in his blog. It's the sort of thing the net and dirt sheets would report, but not someone who actually works for the company.

Then it would've been the "Cade got fired for botching a spot, in a match with DX" shit, which would've been wrong.

It seems people are pissed that Jr killed a rumor before it grew it's own legs.

Then it would've been the "Cade got fired for botching a spot, in a match with DX" shit, which would've been wrong.

It seems people are pissed that Jr killed a rumor before it grew it's own legs.

WWE shouldn't be responding to internet rumors. It's beneath them. If they want to privately drop a word to Meltzer about the real reason for the firing, then so be it. However, using a public forum to discuss Cade's personal problems is very unprofessional. There is no need to bury the guy on the way out.

I don't think it was really a burial, I think they just gave us the reason he was fired, just like when they suspend a guy for violating the wellness policy.

They probably went in to a little more detail then usual, but hey, If Cade did drugs and had a seizure because of it he is fair game.

Dropping the dime to Meltzer, and having him release the info is just as bad, it would still be giving out personal info.