TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

Are there any WWE Wrestl....Entertainers you'd change up?

I was watching Ricky Ortiz's match last night on ECW and I don't get his finisher. Why is Ortiz's doing a giant splash when the man is not fat or heavy. The guy is in shape, in real good shape but yet his finisher is something Mark Henry uses because Henry is a very heavy man.

So I got to thinking last night, what would be a better move for Ortiz? A Jackhammer? A brainbuster? A top rope headbutt from the top rope (ATTACK OF THE HAIR!)?

I also don't get Jack Swagger being the All-American American when he shows nothing of being an over top American. Maybe that's just me not getting his gimmick. I see him more of a cocky type of heel. So instead of an the All-American American I would switch that up a bit maybe to another cocky "I'm the true future of WWE" gimmick or something like that.

So with that being said, Is there any wrestler on the WWE roster that has a finisher or gimmick that you would personally change?

You can't change that person's place on a card/show or anything like that. Just a finisher or gimmick change.

I'd give Edge something besides the Spear as a finisher.

I may think of more, but that's the obvious one.

I hope he does change his finisher upon his return.

Anyone else noticed this is the 2nd year in a row that Edge has been out injured around Survivor Series?

Have WWE prevented Morrison and The Miz from have a double-team finisher, or do I just not pay enough attention?

They used a powerbomb/neckbreaker combo once or twice. According to Smackdown vs Raw 09, they use a frankensteiner into a powerbomb.

Have WWE prevented Morrison and The Miz from have a double-team finisher, or do I just not pay enough attention?

They used a powerbomb/neckbreaker combo once or twice. According to Smackdown vs Raw 09, they use a frankensteiner into a powerbomb.

Is that their finisher or is that just a random double move that any team could use?

Is that their finisher or is that just a random double move that any team could use?

The latter, if you meant the frankensteiner/powerbomb. I saw Mysterio and Batista use it on the SVR '09 commercial.

I would repackage Mike Knox to some degree. The beard is a wild piece of business but just being plain Mike Knox won't get him over. Push him more in the Bruiser Brody vein rather than as a generic big man, let him be out of control rather than a ho hum wrestler.

Now that I think of it, has Edge ever really had a decent finisher? He's used a variety of semi decent finishers but nothing that has ever made me think "That's it." No Pedigree, Tombstone, not even an STFU.

Now that I think of it, has Edge ever really had a decent finisher? He's used a variety of semi decent finishers but nothing that has ever made me think "That's it." No Pedigree, Tombstone, not even an STFU.

Even though Kanyon had it too, I liked Edge's Downward Spiral.

He's improved, but while I agree in principle, I still wouldn't trust Ortiz with much, and his splash at least has some panache to it to make up for Ortiz not being exceptionally large.

I've said before that All-American American has more to do with his collegiate accomplishments than being an actual Angle-like American. That's all there really is to it.

Miz needs a new finisher.

I would repackage Mike Knox to some degree. The beard is a wild piece of business but just being plain Mike Knox won't get him over. Push him more in the Bruiser Brody vein rather than as a generic big man, let him be out of control rather than a ho hum wrestler.

Someone on the board said that rather than going total Bruiser Brody with Knox that he should bring in more of a mountain man survivalist element into the gimmick. I like that.

Vladamir Kozlov:

Attire: I'm just not feeling the plain white outfit. Maybe some MMA-shorts or WWE-Goldberg-Style tights with some Russian-inspired graphics added to them.

Finisher: He's a big burly guy, and his finishers are a "headbutt"(or more appropriately a double-arm push) to the chest or a weak-ass Reverse DDT? How about the F-5? Maybe an Oklahoma Stampede? Kozlov is a big, strong guy. Give him something other than his middleweight-style finishers.

John Cena:

Attire: Get this man some wrestling tights and boots. The ghetto-white boy look is SO 5-years ago, and he can't decide from one week to another if he's a rapper or a military man.

Finisher: His F-U slam has only ever (IMO) looked impressive when he dropped the opponent between his legs. Kind of like Lash Leroux's "Whiplash" finisher. He did the move like this while feuding with JBL's Cabinet and against Triple H at Night of Champions. It's still the same move, but visually, it looks a hell of a lot more devastating. You don't have to necessarily change his finisher because it's so easily identifiable with him. Just change the execution. Also, drop the weak-ass attempt at an STF.

Triple H:

Attire: His look is fine. I would like to see him toss-up the colors from time to time like he was doing from 2003-2004.

Finisher: The Pedigree is fine, but for the love of God, change the name! This man ditched the snob gimmick a decade ago, and his finisher is still called the Pedigree? Maybe this is based-off the fact that he is supposed to be the best in the business, but why not call it "Game Over"?

Edge:

Finisher: I don't buy for a second that a 240 lb. man is beating super heavyweights with his "YAY DADDY'S HOME!" running-hug. Never have, never will. Have him use the Downward Spiral again or even the Edgecution/Buzzkiller. I mark the fuck out on the rare occasion that he busts out the Edgecator Leglock. He should use it more often.

The Great Khali:

Attire: There really isn't much you can do. The baggy pants hide the fact that his legs look like toothpicks. I would like to see him wear those badass wrist gauntlets again though.

Kane:

Attire: His look is really wearing thin. They call him "The Big Red Machine/Monster". Yet, he wears almost all black except for some frail red-barbed wire designs around his legs. Get this man something new. Go back and look at the outfit he wore at Survivor Series 2001. I believe it was the only time he wore it, but it was a red 2-piece with black flames. Just drop the mask and you have something new and fresh.

Even though Kanyon had it too, I liked Edge's Downward Spiral.

He also used to use the Impaler DDT. Hasn't Edge had or has about 4 or 5 finishers?

Triple H:

Attire: His look is fine. I would like to see him toss-up the colors from time to time like he was doing from 2003-2004.

Finisher: The Pedigree is fine, but for the love of God, change the name! This man ditched the snob gimmick a decade ago, and his finisher is still called the Pedigree? Maybe this is based-off the fact that he is supposed to be the best in the business, but why not call it "Game Over"?

I absolutely agree with non-black wrestling trunks. It's been done to death with too many people.

I disagree with renaming the finisher. It's his calling card. Nobody would accept it as anything else.

I was watching Ricky Ortiz's match last night on ECW and I don't get his finisher. Why is Ortiz's doing a giant splash when the man is not fat or heavy. The guy is in shape, in real good shape but yet his finisher is something Mark Henry uses because Henry is a very heavy man.

He should change it to this, then it'd at least be a viable finisher for someone his size...

splash.jpg

I was thinking that as well. A top rope body splash would be much more believable for a guy his size.

Ah, the Masaerati Clutch. Masaerati, like the car. And clutch, like the clutch. I think it was a takeoff of the old Disco Inferno gimmick of having a submission too complicated to pull off. I wish it had made it to TV.

Also, they should never change Festus' gimmick. http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article...90/festusmaria/

The latter, if you meant the frankensteiner/powerbomb. I saw Mysterio and Batista use it on the SVR '09 commercial.

Oops, my bad.

Someone needs to use a Brainbuster or the Double Knee Gutbuster. I don't know who though.

-Kozlov should use A Train's Train Wreck

-Dibiase should hold the legsweep and use his Dream Crusher finisher from Japan.

-Primo probably couldn't hold a lot of guys up for this but, I would like to see The Colons use some sort of Double Team Lungblower (Powerbomb/Lungblower or the Electric Chair Lungblower).

Noble uses the Double Knee Gutbuster.

I thought he dropped that for the Minoru Special?

Yea, Noble's been using that rolling armbreaker thing for sometime now.

Maybe give Vladamir Kozlov the Torture Rack or the Canadian backbreaker rack to use to put over his power and strength.

I could see Kozlov doing the Jackhammer.

Not like Goldberg is using it anymore.

Jericho should go back to long tights

Carlito should go back to his boxer brief style trunks

Cena needs to stop using the STFU, as he shows way too much daylight between his arms and his opponents head.

Regal thankfully dropped the Old Lady's bathingsuit look

Edge definitely needs to lose the spear

Finlay needs to start winning cleanly (and ditch Hornswoggle)

Somebody needs to use Total Elimination as a tandem finisher

Somebody needs to use the Roaring Elbow as their finisher