TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Paul London and Chuck Palumbo Released.

Didn't even get to see Palumbo on Raw after he was taken via the supplemental draft. I'm waiting for D-Lo to be next. He hasn't be on t.v. for months. That's usually not a good sign.

Yeah that would be Layla. Not a shock on either guy but I don't know what Palumbo did to deserve this. He was doing fairly well on SD and was inexplicably traded to Raw where he did utterly nothing.

London should go to the X Division.

He was starting to get some character as the Mechanic, then it went all strange and Michelle McCool suddenly got all the momentum. Though I see what you're saying, Palumbo hasn't really done much and will probably be remembered for his part in the Billy and Chuck thing.

Palumbo just wasn't re-signed, that's all.

From Wednesday's WON:

Chuck Palumbo’s contract expires soon and, given that he hasn’t been talked about in months and is never used, the feeling is it won’t be renewed. He’s already got Rellik (Jon Hugger aka Johnny “The Bull” Stamboli) working to get him into AAA and Marco Corleone (Mark Jindrak) looking at getting him in CMLL.

Good. London always seemed to be in the dog house in wwe. I don't think he'll go to TNA initially as they don't seem to have room right now, ROH could really use London right now though. I'd like to see London go the ROH and Japan route.

Palumbo never really connected with me, I think they tried too many gimmicks on him and fans stopped caring.

I really wouldn't mind London going back to TNA at all. he can either be a third member of MCMG (although I know he's not from Detroit). He has that look that can fit in with them and they can do a Freebirds gimmick with them. Either that, or have him feud with the likes of Petey, Lethal and the X-Division.

It's funny that both Palumbo and London were released, and so far London is the only one being talked about. I liked Palumbo going back to when he was in WCW, but WWE just didn't have direction with him. His feud with Knoble was pretty good until they starting hinting that he hit his valet. Violence like that just doesn't flow well.

Was it ever confirmed that London was actually in trouble for the smile, or was it just assumed?

That and spoiling Ashley being on Survivor last year when they were a couple.

Was it ever confirmed that London was actually in trouble for the smile, or was it just assumed?

I believe it was confirmed. Vince was furious because he thought London went into business for himself and was making himself a suspect when it was never intended. I've always thought London was a push away from being a upper card player - my favorite match of his was against Booker T when his nose was broken.

London vs Danielson, London vs Nigel McGuinness, London vs Aries, London vs Tyler Black, London vs Marufuji, London vs Go Shiozaki, London vs Jerry Lynn, London vs Rocky Romero, London and partner vs Briscoes...

On one of the rare Raws I've seen in the last couple of years, I remember Vince confronted London backstage and told him to "keep that smile." I thought that was pretty funny.

I believe it was confirmed. Vince was furious because he thought London went into business for himself and was making himself a suspect when it was never intended. I've always thought London was a push away from being a upper card player - my favorite match of his was against Booker T when his nose was broken.

London vs Danielson, London vs Nigel McGuinness, London vs Aries, London vs Tyler Black, London vs Marufuji, London vs Go Shiozaki, London vs Jerry Lynn, London vs Rocky Romero, London and partner vs Briscoes...

You was on a roll up until that match.

If he didn't get in trouble then he should have. Whether intentional or not, he nearly blew that whole segment.

I always thought Palumbo had enough charisma and talent to be a solid mid to upper mid-card player who could be plugged into job in main events when needed IF he was given the right direction and time to let it happen. I thought the same about Val Venis before he basically became a jobber. Everytime Val was starting to elicit a good response whether boo or cheers, they pulled the plug.

London should do fine between the indys, ROH, TNA, Japan, and Mexico.

If he didn't get in trouble then he should have. Whether intentional or not, he nearly blew that whole segment.

I know we don't agree on much, but you're 100% right about this.

I always thought Palumbo had enough charisma and talent to be a solid mid to upper mid-card player who could be plugged into job in main events when needed IF he was given the right direction and time to let it happen. I thought the same about Val Venis before he basically became a jobber. Everytime Val was starting to elicit a good response whether boo or cheers, they pulled the plug.

London should do fine between the indys, ROH, TNA, Japan, and Mexico.

I agree a hundred percent. I don't know why they didn't just keep Palumbo on Smackdown since he was doing okay there, and Val would be a fine addition to the midcard roster.

Oh well, guess they have to call up the next set of no-talent hacks that will be released in 6 months.