TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers for next week

*It was announced that Eric Young's win over Sheik Abdul Bashir has been reversed due to referee Shane Sewell getting involved, but that Young will get to challenge Booker T for the Legends championship later.

*A casket is rolled to the ring. The Main Event Mafia come to the ring. Kurt Angle says they are going to give Christian Cage his proper burial tonight. Angle said they had no choice but to beat Cage back to the WWE and asks if anyone has any last words about Cage. Rhino comes out and says that if they had a problem with Christian's decision, they should have confronted him backstage. He says all he sees in the ring are a bunch of b****es, especially Booker T. Booker says Rhino has the balls of a Chihuahua since he can't say what he wants to the Mafia's face. Rhino charges the ring but all five beat him down and bloody him. They put Rhino in the casket and pose.

*Consequences Creed & Jay Lethal defeated Sonjay Dutt & Hiroshi Tanahashi.

*The Beautiful People defeated Christy Hemme & Sojourn Bolt.

*Samoa Joe & AJ Styles defeated The Motor City Machineguns. The Main Event Mafia came out looking to beat down Joe and AJ. Lethal and Creed tried to make the save but were laid out. Sting watched from the outside.

*TNA Legends champion Booker T defeated Eric Young.

*Kevin Nash & Kurt Angle defeated Abyss & Matt Morgan. Beer Money came out during the match. Storm hit Abyss witha Beer Bottle to assist the win.

*Mick Foley comes out and says The Main Event Mafia may be the greatest collection of champions ever put together into one unit. Foley said that his intention is for their to be an even playing field. So, at Final Resolution, he has signed two main events. The first will be Booker & Nash & Steiner & Sting vs. Joe & AJ & two partners of their choice. If The Mafia wins, Sting retains the TNA title but if the Originals win, AJ is the new champion.

*Rhino vs. Angle is the other main event. Angle comes out angry and says he doesn't want Rhino, he wants Jarrett and if he can't get Jarrett, it'll have to be Foley. He slaps Foley . Jarrett comes out and says he can't fire Angle but he can make him an offer Angle can't refuse. If Angle beats Rhino, he gets Jarrett. If he loses, his contract is void. Angle slaps Jarrett but Rhino comes from behind and gores him. The Mafia hits the ring but Rhino escapes before they can get their hands on him.

Xplosion:

*Homicide defeated Sheik Abdul Bashir (non-title).

My first impression is that those two "main events" at the next pay per view sound fucking horrible. Lame stipulation attached to that eight man tag, although TNA could pull a few surprises by the two mystery men on the AJ/Joe team. This might be where Daniels returns, and it wouldn't shock me to see maybe Low-Ki come back or something too.

And what a ridiculous stipulation for Angle v. Rhino. That match should be on Impact to BUILD to a Jarrett/Angle main event for this next ppv instead of just doing Rhino/Angle, but whatever. Is anyone really intruiged by the idea that if Angle loses, his "contract is void" and if he wins, we get Jarrett/Angle again like it's this huge thing we are just supposed to wait on baited breath with? I don't get this build for an Angle/Jarrett rematch, its making JJ look more like a pussy than anything, and now also, with Foley's help, basically unfair commissioner types. And can't they do better with Foley than this?

I like the idea that they are trying to push Rhino here but it just seems weird, kind of thrown together since Christian is on the outs. Not feeling the overdoing of Christian possibly leaving to WWE either here. It was fine in the other spoilers, and that should have been it, not another week of bringing it up, and then tying Rhino into it to have him start feuding with MEM.

And the point of teasing Eric Young won the X division belt is what exactly?

What the hell were they thinking about that Final Resolution main event with the tag match? Why the hell does AJ become champion if he doesn't even win the match?

I know, it's really retarded, and the MEM are basically being portrayed as the faces in both main event situations, facing unfair stipulations.....if they lose the tag match, Sting loses his belt to Styles without even losing it to him really (which doesn't help anyone out) and then if Angle loses, he "loses his contract."

Is this shit for real?

I'm starting to think that this TNA Originals stable is one of the worst face stables ever. Either everyone is booked bad, or they have an unfair advantage on the heels. Also, I thought the stipulation of Christian/Booker was really retarded as well, with Christian either winning a fake title, or joining a heel faction. What kind of punishment is that? It was basically a win-win situation with Christian.

LOL, I love how they're trying to build anticipation for Jarrett and Angle like people really give a crap about Jarrett. Jarrett knows that he isn't over with his crowds and that tears him apart. He had so many incredibly long title reigns that seemed completely ego driven after a while and he failed to get over.

He tried to be cool by aligning himself with Hall and Nash, that failed. Now, he's whoring his wife's death all over the television, trying to get sympathy cheers from the crowd. And he's trying to get a promoter pop by officially coming out and saying he runs the company. Every promoter wants to be Heyman nowadays and hope the crowd cheers in appreciation of the promoter's product. Heyman got that because his company was actually entertaining.

If anything, he should be associated with Main Event Mafia (a really boring faction name) instead of the new guys. Jarrett is damn sure not a spring chicken anymore, I don't care how much hair he has on his head, he shouldn't be with the young guys. Plus, he could give the MEM some stroke (pun intended) since Foley is pro young guys already. He knows that he isn't interesting enough to be an effective heel right now, so he attached himself with Foley and the young guys. Now, I'll never say that Jarrett isn't capable of having solid matches, but he's never really been a guy that screamed "main eventer."

Angle needs something different as well. The mean, intense guy thing is getting old. He did it in WWE before he left and took it even farther in TNA. He slaps Foley around every week lol and beats up mid carders in the back all show. He needs to mellow out a bit since he's in a group with all the other guys now who are more mellow. Even though, now that I think about it, Angle and Steiner could make a pretty cool team with their off-the-wall behavior.

Eric Young's thing bugs me because they had him be scared and stupid for like 3 years, jumping every week when his pyro goes off and wearing a costume to be brave, to now just being serious and unafraid after a 2 minute Joe pep talk.

And on that subject, almost the entire TNA young guys team looks like jobbers compared to MEM. Just look at the 6 man tag they had last week. Fake Macho, Creed, and Young look nowhere near being in the league of the MEM guys no matter what you may think of them. Maybe Nash should become OZ again to have a sillier gimmick than Creed and Black Macho Man.

Yeah after hearing those announced matches for the next PPV they don't have to worry about me checking it out. Add in a possible Sarah Palin appearance and that is practically must miss TV.

Yeah after hearing those announced matches for the next PPV they don't have to worry about me checking it out. Add in a possible Sarah Palin appearance and that is practically car crash TV.

QFA