TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Legends of WrestleMania

I heard you can't even get HD on a PS3 without an HDMI cable. Ha! (Though I guess people who didn't buy a cheap off brand HDTV and it actually has an HDMI port, this makes no difference).

Mike from gamingring.com is at a THQ event for the game and confirming alot of things about the game that we do not know about. This is his blog.

http://twitter.com/mikeGamingring

16 Arenas and a special Royal Rumble Arena.

Sgt Slaughter has the Iraqi outfit.

Koko B Ware alternate attire

Smackdown import is on the disk No install all moves entrances etc are the same as in 09Smackdown import is on the disk No install all moves entrances etc are the same as in 09

Over 1 hour of video footage in game

Big news Thq not speaking on dlc so they did not confirm it NOT being in

Smackdown import is on the disk No install all moves entrances etc are the same as in 09Smackdown import is on the disk No install all moves entrances etc are the same as in 09

So wait...

Does that mean as long as you just have the save file for SvR 09, you don't need the disc of the game because it's all on the Legends of WrestleMania disc...or you need to put in the SvR 09 disc then put back in the Legends disc?

If this was $40 or so, I'd probably be all over it, but it seems like that once you get past the novelty and do all the little challenges (I love the video package that recaps the Austin/Rock feud), the game may get old kinda fast. Plus, it seems like with the control scheme you don't have that many moves to choose from (unless I'm not doing something right). I'll just GameFly it, I guess. It does look gorgeous in HD, though.

If this was $40 or so, I'd probably be all over it, but it seems like that once you get past the novelty and do all the little challenges (I love the video package that recaps the Austin/Rock feud), the game may get old kinda fast. Plus, it seems like with the control scheme you don't have that many moves to choose from (unless I'm not doing something right). I'll just GameFly it, I guess. It does look gorgeous in HD, though.

It is going to be $40 for me. I am going to get RE5 at Toys R Us with the 20 dollar gift card and put that towards LoWM. There are a decent amount of moves in the game. It's just takes a little while to get used to them and each level 1-3 has it's own set of moves. I do wish that this game offered 2 forms of controls. It is arcadey but it's not pick up and play. I think the Smackdown controls are simple enough. One of my gripes was in the Austin/Rock match. You have press a special button near the entrance way to grab control of your opponent to send him up the entrance way. You have to do the same to send him from the entrance way to ring side. Each time took 3 minutes to pull off because the Rock was button mashing with strikes.

Guest Smues

I'm glad I have a birthday coming up and can get this that way, because otherwise this demo would likely sucker me into blowing $60 on it when KingPK is likely right that it's more a $40 value. But damnit I need to play the full game, because I'm marking out enough just listening to real American, and see the cool ass carts take Hogan to the ring at WM3. I can NOT wait to play through the other Wrestlemania venues. Although my markdom is slightly tempered knowing that 'Hard Times' isn't in the game. God damn would that be awesome to have in the game.

Although my markdom is slightly tempered knowing that 'Hard Times' isn't in the game. God damn would that be awesome to have in the game.

Well, if it's anything like Smackdown vs. Raw 2009, you could do what I did with Tommy Dreamer: get an MP3 of the song, set it up by itself as a playlist, then edit Bossman's entrance so he comes out to that.

I did that with Dreamer, so insted of his theme from the game, he actually comes out to "Man in the Box".

If custom music is in the game, then "Hard Times", Perfect's, Steamboat's, Savage, Demolition, and Sting's themes are all going into the game in a heartbeat.

If custom music is in the game, then "Hard Times", Perfect's, Steamboat's, Savage, Demolition, and Sting's themes are all going into the game in a heartbeat.

Um...Perfect is in the game, and I think he comes out to his classic theme.

Um...Perfect is in the game, and I think he comes out to his classic theme.

Mike from gamingring confirmed Perfect's theme.

I really didn't like the demo. Everything just felt sluggish and things that should be easy to do, aren't. Could anyone else run or go down the aisle towards the sign? I couldn't do either. I think if I got to do more in the demo, I could maybe like the game a little better but right now, this is just a rental.

For Austin/Rock you have to have your opponent with you near the entrance aisle. You press one of the buttons and you take your opponent by the head and drag them up the aisle. It's like that so you can recreate what happened at WM 15. I think it sucks and you have to do the same thing to leave the aisle to go back to ring side. It took me 3 minutes the last time because the Rock was button mashing on strikes.

The game is supposed to be arcade but it feels more difficult to do certain things than the Smackdown game. This game is definately not something you can pick up and play.

I'm still baffled why they gave Rick Rude his original theme, and not the (better) one that came after it.

I'm still baffled why they gave Rick Rude his original theme, and not the (better) one that came after it.

Maybe I missed something, but I thought Rude only used one theme ("The Stripper") in WWE.

So are their any unlockables that have been mentioned lately? Hidden superstars?

You are dreaming on that one. Nothing concrete has popped up that can be used as a rumor for unlockables and various sites have mentioned that everything is unlocked from the start in terms of Wrestlers.

From some other website:

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showpos...mp;postcount=10

supposedly, there are 8 unlockable characters in the game... according to pictures ppl saw on the legends of wrestlemania website...... they had it up by mistake... they had all pics.. so we got the 40 legends that everyone knows now.. and there were 8 pictures of other guys with question marks over their faces...the 8 that most ppl believe the unlockables are:

earthquake

razor ramon

don muracco

ricky steamboat

demolition

strike force (martel and santana)..

Mike from gamingring.com has the game and has stated that there aren't any unlockable wrestlers. An article on espn.com has stated that there aren't any. I wouldn't hold my breath about unlockables. If there are it would be a nice suprise. THQ might be overprotecting things due to the roster leaking months in advance for Smackdown 2009.

Game comes out in less than 2 weeks and I cannot wait. I am going to use my 20 dollar gift card from Toys R Us that I get from RE5 to buy this game.

Ign has a couple of new pictures and videos on their site. I am so happy to see that the corner ringpost figure 4 is in the game.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1425221...2013632319.html

Hmm. Checked the "Rewrite" video...

I guess they consider the fact that Beefcake didn't win the title a "loss", hence why you play as him for the Beefcake/Honky Tonk match.

OK...checked the vids again. From what I've seen:

RELIVE

Hogan vs. Bundy from Mania 2

Hogan vs. Andre from Mania III

Warrior vs. Hogan from Mania VI

Hogan vs. Slaughter from Mania VII

Hart vs. Austin from Mania 13

Austin vs. Michaels from Mania 14

Austin vs. Rock from Mania XV

REWRITE

Junkyard Dog vs. Valetine from Mania 1

Roberts vs. Honky Tonk from Mania III

Beefcake vs. Honky Tonk from Mania IV

Warrior vs. Rude from Mania V

Hart vs. Yoko from Mania X

And I can barely see it, but looks like Michaels vs. Hart from Mania XII

REDEFINE

Andre/Studd in Hell in a Cell in Mania 1

Rude/Snuka in a Steel Cage in Mania VI

Bossman/Perfect in a Ladder Match in Mania VII

Hart/Piper in a Submission Match in Mania VIII

Some type of Steel Cage match for Mania IX (guessing either Hart/Yoko or Hogan/Yoko.)

Finally got my hands on the demo. I actually really like this game. The gameplay is quick and pretty easy to get into. The only gripe I can think of off hand is the annoying camera effect EVERY TIME you hit a strike or grapple move. I hope there's an option to turn that off in the final release of the game.