TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE SmackDown - November 28, 2008

Why doesn't Triple H have an automatic rematch clause in his contract like every world heavyweight champion on Raw seems to have?

How would Triple H have a rematch clause against Edge? He wasn't signed to wrestle Edge in the first place.

Why doesn't Triple H have an automatic rematch clause in his contract like every world heavyweight champion on Raw seems to have?

How would Triple H have a rematch clause against Edge? He wasn't signed to wrestle Edge in the first place.

Because Edge was the one who pinned him. Regardless of whether Triple H was signed to wrestle Edge in the first place, once Edge was made an official part of the match, if a rematch clause is in the match contract, then it covers Edge, as well was Vladimir Kozlov. Regardless of that fact, with the big deal made of the rematch clause on Raw, to set up the triple threat main event, wouldn't it be a good idea to do something on Smackdown to explain either why Triple H doesn't have one or if he does, why he can't use it.

Well, technically HHH didn't beat the clock, he tied it. And since the object is to BEAT the clock, I say HHH is shit out of luck. "Sorry, dude, better luck next time" is what Vickie's answer should be. HHH doesn't deserve the title shot, even in a 3-way.

This is one of the stupidest things I've heard in a while. I know it's called Beat the Clock, but it's been stated every time that the man who beats his opponent in the shortest amount of time is the winner. Since Jeff and Trips tied for the fastest time, they should either both get a shot or have to face each other to determine a true winner. Jeff shouldn't be the sole winner just because his match went on first. The reason the announcers always say "so and so has to BEAT the clock" is because they don't want to telegraph a tie. That way it's surprising when it happens.

Totally random, but I was in one of my "use a free translator to make something French, then put it back into English" moods and this is the above post:

"This is one of the things more stupid than I heard a little later. I know that it called Beating the Clock, but it was declared every time that the man that beats his opponent in the quantity more short of time is the conqueror. Since Jeff and the Trips secured for the time more quick, they have or the two obtains a blow or has the other every face to determine a true conqueror. Jeff should not be the conqueror just only because his game continued first. The reason that the presenters always say "if and if BEAT the clock" is because they do not want to telegraph a game no one. As that it astonishes when it arrives."

Just random fun.

Carry on.

Well, technically HHH didn't beat the clock, he tied it. And since the object is to BEAT the clock, I say HHH is shit out of luck. "Sorry, dude, better luck next time" is what Vickie's answer should be. HHH doesn't deserve the title shot, even in a 3-way.

This is one of the stupidest things I've heard in a while. I know it's called Beat the Clock, but it's been stated every time that the man who beats his opponent in the shortest amount of time is the winner. Since Jeff and Trips tied for the fastest time, they should either both get a shot or have to face each other to determine a true winner. Jeff shouldn't be the sole winner just because his match went on first. The reason the announcers always say "so and so has to BEAT the clock" is because they don't want to telegraph a tie. That way it's surprising when it happens.

If that's the case, they really should re-name it to something other than "Beat The Clock." They should also change the graphic on screen of the wrestler with the fastest time of "Time to beat", since you now apparently don't have to beat the fastest time to win.

Why don't they just have Vince McMahon come over your house and yell in your ears ala the announcers, instead of using your own imagination. You're overanalyzing if you think they aren't going to have a Triple Threat match.

Yeah, I'm overanalyzing anytime I don't turn my brain off and just ignore plot holes and continuity issues due to horrible writing.

It sounds like the people who are picking at the Beat the Clock just doesn't want Triple H in the match. The thing is, in order for the story to play out, HHH does need to be in the match, otherwise Jeff Hardy is getting pinned straight up before his expected Mania push.

That said, watch Jeff Hardy get pinned anyways.

I don't mind that HHH is in the match, I just think they could've gone about it in a better way than they did.

Well, I actually wanted HHH to get the title shot because we know he will just lose to Edge at the PPV, and the Jeff push hopefully comes later. I really like how WWE expects me to believe that there is the possibility that HHH and Jeff had the EXACT SAME TIME on the clock for the end of their matches. I mean really, thats like one out of a million chances of really happening!

How old are you? Chances are they weren't saying to themselves, "I HOPE DarKnight because we have to capitalize the KKK, BELIEVES THAT THIS MATCH ENDED AT THE SAME EXACT TIME AS JEFF HARDY'S MATCH!" OMG NO WAY ONE IN A MILLION CHANCE. Gripe should be [/over].

I really hate that Edge is back to the same character he was before the last Taker feud. I thought he killed the chapter of his career, and would develop into a darker character; hopefully he is planning to get ultimate payback on Vickie, after he gets rid of Jeff/HHH. I love Vickie, and I think Edge is cool(even though I don't think he brings much in the ring, but makes up for it in charisma), but I have no interest in seeing them back together as a couple. I think that angle they shot of them before they hugged on Smackdown, was a foreshadowing of Edge spearing Vickie, it looked like he was thinking about it before he gave her the hug.

I missed Smackdown this past week, so I have a couple questions for those that saw it.

Any sign of the Rated-R Spinner?

One set of spoilers I read on Rajah, said something about Triple H hitting a "Reverse Pedigree" on Shelton Benjamin to get the pin? The reporter may have just gotten his facts mixed up.