TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE SmackDown - November 28, 2008

Dark match

Carlito & Primo Colon b T.J. Wilson & D.H. Smith (FCW tag champs) with Natalya as manager. They are called "The Foundation."

Smackdown for 11/28

Vickie Guerrero & Edge open the show together. They are back as a couple. Security is there waiting for the Jeff Hardy attack. Jeff tries but security keeps him away.

This show is built around three Beat the Clock matches, Jeff vs. Brian Kendrick, Matt vs. Vladimir Kozlov and HHH vs. Shelton Benjamin. The winner with the fastest time faces Edge for the title at Armageddon

Jeff Hardy b Kendrick in 12:13 with a swanton

Matt annnounces that he's not going to beat Kozlov, and his goal is just to make sure Jeff gets the title shot

Maryse & Natalya & Victoria b Michelle McCool & Bella Twins. One of the twins costs McCool the match. McCool is not a happy camper

Matt Hardy kept from being beaten by Kozlov until 12:13 is over, so Matt did his job

Jesse & Festus b Miz & Morrison via DQ when Miz & Morrison illegally rang the bell to cause Festus to space out

HHH b Benjamin at exactly 12:13 with a pedigree. That means we've got a three way for the title at Armageddon

---

Nothing wrong with three 12 minute matches, though I guess we'll see how Koslov vs. Matt turns out going that long.

More detailed spoilers:

Non-title: Primo & Carlito def. The Foundation (TJ Wilson & DH Smith w/Natalya). Good match to start the night, and the Colons got a good pop coming out, even more so when Carlito pinned Wilson after the Backstabber.

Smackdown, 11/28:

Vicki Guerrero no longer needs a wheelchair, or at least until the next time she takes a bump. As you probably know from Survivor Series, she still has the neck brace (that has to go next). She introduces Edge. Yadda, yadda. Edge accuses Jeff Hardy of letting the people down. Haven't we heard that enough already from MVP & HHH this year? Anyway, first Hardy, then HHH, come down, but held back by security (another tired ream). Vlad Kozlov sneaks in on the other side and challenges Edge. Vicki decides to reinstitute the Beat the Clock format to decide which of the three (Kozlov, Hardy, HHH) will face Edge @ Armageddon on 12/14.

Hardy def. "The" Brian Kendrick (w/Ezekiel Jackson) in 12:13. Best match on the show. Jackson did exactly nothing until the end when he tried to pull Kendrick from the ring. Hardy would have none of that and kicked Jackson down. Hardy hit a overhead flapjack bomb, then the Swanton.

We learn that Kozlov will face Matt Hardy, and HHH faces Shelton Benjamin---again---later.

Matt is interviewed by Eve Torres. He claims Edge & Vicki had everything to do with what happened to Jeff.

Victoria, Maryse, & Natalya def. Michelle McCool & the Bella Twins when one of the twins accidentally hit Michelle with a clothesline meant for Maryse. The Divas champ berated the twins after until Maria came out to play peacemaker. Michelle is apparently turning heel as she shoved Maria down. Match, predictably, was too short.

Non-title: Matt Hardy & Vlad Kozlov went to a draw in 12:13. As we'd find out later, they may be starting a program with these two.......! Jeff is backstage watching, but is confronted by Triple H. The camera cut away at this point, perhaps because it wasn't meant to be shown to the live crowd.

Jesse & Festus def. John Morrison & Mike Mizanin via DQ in a return from last week's show. The former champs used the bell to neutralize Festus again, but this time Jesse was ready and attacked Miz on the floor. He then rang the bell to "reactivate" Festus. However, Miz & Morrison doubled on Jesse while still on the floor, prompting the ref to call for the end of the match. There was some comedy after as they goofed around with the bell & Festus after Jesse was beaten down. However, when they dropped the bell, somehow Festus was "awake" and cleaned house. Perhaps he no longer needs the bell? Festus carried Jesse across his shoulders to the back.

Mr. Kennedy got in a plug for "Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia" and did a quick interview with Triple H. Hunter simply said, "Watch me." when asked about beating the time and Benjamin.

Non-title: HHH def. Benjamin in exactly 12:13. With about 30-odd seconds left, ref Mike Chioda was bumped down. Hunter hit the pedigree, and it took Chioda about a week to make the count. He tolled 3 just as the clock struck zero. Charles Robinson came down and said that the pin wasn't in time, but after a lengthy debate, Chioda told Justin Roberts that it was essentially a tie, so we're getting a 3-way at Armageddon. Again.

Another 3 way at Armageddon. I guess that was the best way. I'm interested to see how they got two matches to go exactly 12:13, and if there were any clock shenanigans going on. Interesting strategy for Matthew, too. I dig it.

Another 3 way at Armageddon. I guess that was the best way. I'm interested to see how they got two matches to go exactly 12:13, and if there were any clock shenanigans going on. Interesting strategy for Matthew, too. I dig it.

What is there more of in the wwe clock "ties" or "Both hit the floor at the same time" battle royal finishes?

Koslov being transitioned to ECW is probably a smart idea. He can even beat Hardy for the title there, feud/work houseshows with Finlay, maul Hornswoggle for more heat and eventually lose the title to an up and comer before he is drafted to Raw.

I'm interested to see how they start the Matthew Hardy/Kozlov program if they're going that route. And if Kozlov still technically undefeated? He lost the match but wasn't pinned.

That's a good question on the ties and battle royal question. I'd probably say ties, but they both are used way more than they should be.

Watch out for

Morrison & Miz making fun of Festus using the ringbell after their match.. in particular Miz and Festus standing side by side 'waking up' as the bell rings. This has Slammy written all over it.

When do we get the angle where Festus goes deaf for some reason, and he's either stuck as being insane and always going wild all the time or he's always "retarded" and the heels keep him as a pet?

I was wondering how they would explain Vickie and Edge now being back together...and they really didn't to anyone's satisfaction. How hard is it for Edge to say "Yeah, marriage counseling works wonders and I recommend it?"

The end of the show was puzzling. Are they really just going to have another lame 3 way on PPV (that Jeff will miss due to being attacked again, or he'll be stoned, or maybe both) or will Hardy and HHH wrestle 1 on 1 to determine a real top contender?

I wouldn't be against them doing the two guys wrestle in the very first match on the PPV to determine which one wrestles in the main event for the angle title. Not only would it make sense, but you'll get two great matches out of the deal. Hopefully another great HHH/Hardy match, and then Edge versus either one of em. Add that with a Hardy/Swagger ECW title match, Cena/Jericho, maybe HBK/Rey vs. Miz/Morrison again, and I'm already in for ordering the PPV.

Well, technically HHH didn't beat the clock, he tied it. And since the object is to BEAT the clock, I say HHH is shit out of luck. "Sorry, dude, better luck next time" is what Vickie's answer should be. HHH doesn't deserve the title shot, even in a 3-way.

Well, my prediction was correct. Will Smackdown get better when Edge comes back? The answer was yes, as I thought this show was much more fast paced and better than the shows of the past few months. As for people wondering how they can explain Edge and Vickie being back together, I really don't want them to. I think they just retconned the breakup angle, and pretending it never happened, as it would be hard to follow-up in storyline stuff like Undertaker sending Edge to hell or whatever. Since Edge never said he attacked Hardy, and they said it is still under investigation, anyone else think it could have been Christian or Tomko? This could be a way they debut.

I was wondering how they would explain Vickie and Edge now being back together...and they really didn't to anyone's satisfaction. How hard is it for Edge to say "Yeah, marriage counseling works wonders and I recommend it?"

The end of the show was puzzling. Are they really just going to have another lame 3 way on PPV (that Jeff will miss due to being attacked again, or he'll be stoned, or maybe both) or will Hardy and HHH wrestle 1 on 1 to determine a real top contender?

Per WWE.com, it's a triple threat.

How was HHH/Benjamin? For whatever reason my DVRd SmackDown got all messed up during me FFing through the Raw Rebound and just went to audio only.

I admit I had a good laugh over the Miz/Morrison/Festus antics.

Well, technically HHH didn't beat the clock, he tied it. And since the object is to BEAT the clock, I say HHH is shit out of luck. "Sorry, dude, better luck next time" is what Vickie's answer should be. HHH doesn't deserve the title shot, even in a 3-way.

That's what I thought too, but WWE logic says otherwise. :huh:

Well by that logic, whose clock did Jeff beat? His own? Just because he went first, his time would win in the event of a tie? I guess there is some logic to that, but it's not Fair to Flair... er, HHH.

Why doesn't Triple H have an automatic rematch clause in his contract like every world heavyweight champion on Raw seems to have?

Because everyone knows he has a lifetime rematch clause. He snaps his fingers and he has a title shot. So he's just havin' fun out there. C'mon now.