TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Tyler; Captain America

GTFO: The Ballad of William Jefferson

For those of you who haven't been watching, William Jefferson -- yes, this William Jefferson -- has been knocked out of his Congressional seat by Republican Joseph Cao, even though his district is 28 points more Democratic than the rest of the country on average according to the Cook Partisan Voting Index (for reference).

Three cheers for karma. Hope you enjoy your jail cell, douche.

So now, the final election this year -- to my knowledge -- left to be settled is MN-SEN, which is still very much up in the air. According to the count by the Minnesota Star-Tribune, Coleman is up 300 votes after the recount, not counting challenged ballots (each campaign can challenge a ballot for any reason -- reports out of MN are that Coleman is challenging more liberally than Franken, but that remains to be seen). The Franken campaign alleges that, given the determinations by the original recounters, his campaign is up by 4 votes. That remains to be seen, and the board that will count the challenged ballots will meet on the 15th, I believe. So, Democrats could have 59 seats in the Senate including Sen. "It's All About Me" Lieberman (Douche-CT) when this is all said and done.

But, I'm happier that enough crossover Dems voted for Cao to get rid of that incredible shitbag, Jefferson. So much for black people voting for black people no matter what.