TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Public Account 3

TSM 2008 Year-End Awards: Television & Film

I vote for Bob Barron's weekend box office threads. Truly what this folder was made for. Don't ever change.

Haha I almost wrote "Weekend bix office." Benoit steroids concussions!

Oh and if we're voting for our movie/TV picks:

Best movie: Disaster Movie

Best series: Cory in the House

Hannah Montana is much better than Cory in the House.

Haha I almost wrote "Weekend bix office." Benoit steroids concussions!

So, Ring of Hell

I don't really know much about these Disney shows. I just know Cory in the House has a wacky theme song. If you can find a show with a wackier theme song I will consider changing my vote.

Right now my movie of the year is Wall E. Simple, compact and the best love story of the year. The most art-centric Pixar movie and one that kids are going to need to grow up with to truly appreciate.

I'd say Wall-E is the best film of the year, at least my personal favourite. Mid-way through it I was like "what is going on with the muscles in my face?", turns out I was smiling all the way through.

Though "So much better than I thought it would be" category is ruled by Role Models.

I told Czech that at the beginning of January I was going to start a thread (or just make one in year) for people to list their top 5 or 10 movies of the year and then I can tally it up.

It's too early though- I still have 10-20 movies left to see

I don't really know much about these Disney shows. I just know Cory in the House has a wacky theme song. If you can find a show with a wackier theme song I will consider changing my vote.

While it's not a theme song, the Crazy Funky Hat dance from Wizards of Waverly Place is something else.

the Crazy Funky Hat dance from Wizards of Waverly Place

I just watched this on YouTube and I was not impressed. This "Crazy Funky Hat" song you reference is a gag that's supposed to be funny but falls pathetically flat. What I saw was a couple of girls of about 14 years old acting half that, delivering a song/dance sure to make anyone with an age in double digits embarrassed for having seen it. The Cory theme song is amazing in the same way that Vanilla Ice's Hard to Swallow or backyard wrestling videos are amazing.

Oh yeah, this is special.

The main problem with "Cory in the House" is a bunch of us all had a big party for a viewing as we were really looking forward to the continuing adult adventures of Cory Matthews. What a let-down that turned out to be.

I am really digging Craig Ferguson. Best Late Night Talk. I don't think anybody interviews like him, though Dave occasionally comes close. The NBC guys are way too scripted. Ditto Comedy Central. Very conversational, and he tries to, and is often successful at, getting his guests to be at ease. I love when he interviews regulars, cause they're always game to go with it.

the Crazy Funky Hat dance from Wizards of Waverly Place

I just watched this on YouTube and I was not impressed. This "Crazy Funky Hat" song you reference is a gag that's supposed to be funny but falls pathetically flat. What I saw was a couple of girls of about 14 years old acting half that, delivering a song/dance sure to make anyone with an age in double digits embarrassed for having seen it. The Cory theme song is amazing in the same way that Vanilla Ice's Hard to Swallow or backyard wrestling videos are amazing.

Oh yeah, this is special.

I love Lincoln tapping his toes.

Best Film:

Action:

new-joker-poster-for-the-dark-knight.jpg

Honorable Mention: Indiana Jones: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Animation:

Wall-E-Logo-web.jpg

Comedy:

tropic_thunder_movie_image_movie_logo__2_.jpg

Honorable Mention: Rolemodels

Horror:

strangers.jpg

Best Television:

Drama:

House_md_(2005).jpg

Comedy:

Theoffice_logo.jpg

Honorable Mention: My Name Is Earl

Kids:

ICarly%20logo.PNG

Honorable Mention: Wizards of Waverly Place

Educational Television:

yoGabbaGabba.jpg

Late Night:

Conan_O_Brien.jpg

I am really digging Craig Ferguson. Best Late Night Talk. I don't think anybody interviews like him, though Dave occasionally comes close. The NBC guys are way too scripted. Ditto Comedy Central. Very conversational, and he tries to, and is often successful at, getting his guests to be at ease. I love when he interviews regulars, cause they're always game to go with it.

His monologues, interviews, and the segment where he answers e-mails are usually pretty good, but I can't bring myself to watch his bits where he dresses up as Prince Charles or interviews bad George Bush or Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonators.

I have Iron Man ranked #24 for 2008.

And you voted for Burn After Reading, which while a funny movie, was not one of my 2008 favourites. I have it ranked 37th.