TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

TSM FAQ

Yeah, I think "THE ESTABLISHMENT~!" was just a list of posters who were either well-liked (Kinetic) or too obnoxious to ignore (Anglesault). I can't remember it serving any purpose beyond that, although it was subject to a vote so I guess you could consider it a sort of primitive precursor to our sophisticated modern poster tournament. I have no recollection of The Saga. Was that Kotz's fascist dictatorship thing?

Guest Czecherbear

No, that was State of America. I think The Saga was just Choken One being lame, but again, not sure.

I liked that one post where you said "rot in hell killing yourself forever." More turns of phrase like that and you'll be a Top 20 TSM Poster in no time.

Thank you, I was very excited about that post too

We mocked him for being coming off like a complete idiot

We call this boarding karma.

Now all I need to do is post twenty pages of inebriated self-conversation

DannyW or EpicFailOrange ponied up the required cash with contributions from others including myself and we became the bosses.

Which reminds me... technically, I am still a part owner of this board. I should get to boss someone around.

I own part of the board, too. Maybe we can get our own folder as a dividend?

DannyW or EpicFailOrange ponied up the required cash with contributions from others including myself and we became the bosses.

Which reminds me... technically, I am still a part owner of this board. I should get to boss someone around.

I own part of the board, too. Maybe we can get our own folder as a dividend?

You know,Dandy, we did get a folder at one time. We didn't want it.

The Poster Above You and Mission to 1,000 Threads are up there. They were closed when the mods were trying to conserve bandwith or something stupid. I think some OAO RAW threads and the Wrestlemania XX got deleted in the process. Then they decided there'd be no thread purging!

What's the biggest thread in board history? Who started it?

You can actually organize each folder from largest to smallest in terms of replies or page views. It's not as interesting as you might think. The largest threads in most folders are the silly Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread.

Pictures I Like is the biggest thread in No Holds Barred, for instance. CWDWAT and WWE Folder Sucks Dick are right behind it. Not exactly a killer list of classic threads.

By each folder: (not counting CTDWAT)

General Chat: Word Association Thread- 28,410

Music- What Are You Listening To Right Now? 9.824

Movies-DVD-TV- LOST 6,775

Classics- TOAO Angel Season 6,659

General Wrestling: Wrestling Link Game 5,613

WWE Folder: Chris Benoit dead 5,277

Sports: English Football 4,116

Video Games: Wii 3,920

LSD: Post a picture of yourself 3,630

Draft: All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft 2,944

CE: (It's probably Campaign 08 but that got moved so....) 4,000 dead Americans 1,320

NHB: I'm Bored 1,236

Tech: HDTV 1,057

MMA: TUF 3: The Thread 736

Site Feedback: Regarding Name Changes 657

Overseas and Independents: Rob Feinstein 618

TNA Folder: The TNA board doesn't need a mod. It has us... 506

Comics: TSM Superhero Draft 439

Food: What Did You Eat Today? 386

GTG: I Declare Myself Mod 187

I'll edit my post too!

I can't really explain it, since I think I only clicked on a thread there once. All I know is that Popick put it on his resume, and it made him cry. Plus, his girlfriend was raped.

Jesus, Bob, do I have to literally spell everything out? I have a general idea of what e-fed is. I'm not stupid. I just want to know what they all do down there every day. Like I get that it's a whole fantasy booking thing, but that's about it.

The creation of the OAOAST (One And Only AngleSault Thread) is truly bizzare. It all started in April 2002, TheSmarks.com was home to one of the most popular wrestling message boards on the 'net. Things started getting rowdy on the boards after WrestleMania 18; the nWo -- Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall & Kevin Nash -- (re)debuted in the WWF (now WWE). Hogan was soon on the verge of regaining the WWF championship; and it was announced theSmarks.com was merging with 411wrestling.com, meaning the whole place would shut down. To control the chaos it was announced 3 board members would become Moderators -- the catch: the board members themselves would pick the new Mods..Tony149, bps21 & Brian were selected. Then came Anglesault.

"MAKE ME A MOD!"

Anglesault is a HUGE Kurt Angle fan who I would say wasn't well-liked by many at the beginning. People would tease him for his...well, enthusiastic support for the former Olympic Gold medalist. AS felt he should of been a Mod. Did he travel cross-country to get support? No! He did what even great politician would do -- he complained!

The thread saw birth to something called a ::beltshot::. Anytime AS didn't agree with somebody in said thread he would write "::beltshot to (name here)::". I had just become a Mod and felt this was flame-baiting. So I converse with fellow new Mod Bps on whether or not to close the thread. Within minutes the decision was made by me and bps to close the thread. However, before that thread was close, perhaps the most famous line (outside of my "rubber dick" comment) of all-time would be dropped as I said: "Why don't you just create a One & Only Anglesault thread?" History would soon be born.

A STAR IS BORN

CWM apparently took that quote to heart and created the soon-to-be powerhouse in e-fed entertainment. Okay, the hyperbole is out of control, but come on, it's Anglesault.

The thread would gain a cult-like following due its goofy ::beltshots:: The thread would begin to shift from mindless posts to an unofficial e-fed. Soon the first OAOAST card was held, entitled: AnglePalooza. The OAOAST had arrived.

Over the next few months more and more people would join the OAOAST, to the point where we would end up creating new shows to feed the popularity and getting our own forum in the TheSmartMarks forum (ran by great people I might add) where another e-fed (SWF/SJL) was station.

I know this sounds corny, but nobody in their wildest dreams would of thought a thread created as a joke would be hanging

around with one of the most respected e-feds (SWF/SJL) around.

Truth be told, the OAOAST was meant to flame AS without it cramming the WWF folder. I was still a new Mod so I didn't want to get in trouble for suggesting the thread with that intent so I said: "This isn't a thread to flame AS."

Hey, so I lied about it. Look at what the OAOAST has become today and tell me it wasn't worth it. I say it was.

Today the OAOAST is filled with new faces mixed in with the old. We now run monthly "pay-per-views", our shows and writing quality have gotten better.

This coming April the OAOAST will celebrate its 3rd anniversary. For many of us, the OAOAST will be the closest thing we'll ever get to writing for a wrestling promotion or movie studio. We've had some differences in the past, but the OAOAST will continue to shine bright in our memories long after we move on.

In the early days the OAOAST was a parody of e-feds. We had the most ludicrous gimmicks and matchups possible. My character J*INGUS was a Kane ripoff, a giant 7-foot-tall serial killer who got that big by imbibing radioactive steroids after being Bradshawed in the shower by the whole roster. It was that kind of fed. Later on he made out with a zombie chick, killed about a thousand of MarioLogan's horror movie goons, feuded with a guy who had a drunken fish for a mascot, and won the women's title. Yeah, it was that kind of place. Eventually however it turned into kind of a more serious and generic e-fed, and my attention waned.

how did brody done replace barron as mister ombudsman?

Not that I'm complaining, but it's interesting

VX said if I said As TSM Omubdsman one more time, he'd replace me with Brody. I did, so he did.

Jesus, Bob, do I have to literally spell everything out? I have a general idea of what e-fed is. I'm not stupid. I just want to know what they all do down there every day. Like I get that it's a whole fantasy booking thing, but that's about it.

When I was involved, I considered it as sort of a creative writing experience. You basically think up promos and matches and write them out yourself or along with someone else. It isn't an everyday thing; usually you do something once a week for the weekly show (even though you didn't need to do it every week) and then something for the end of the month show. I kinda fell out of love with wrestling so the well ran dry, but it was fun to think of situations and crazy gimmick matches to write.

VX said if I said As TSM Omubdsman one more time, he'd replace me with Brody. I did, so he did.

Also, I suggested in the "Letter from Saddam" thread that the mods make Brody ombudsman and make Bob Barron a big lumbering sexual deviant. I'm still awaiting action on the 2nd part of my admonition.

By each folder: (not counting CTDWAT)

General Chat: Word Association Thread- 28,410

Comics: TSM Superhero Draft 439

So I've started 2 of the biggest threads in 2 different folders? (Assuming that the word association thread is the one I'm thinking of)

Also, I suggested in the "Letter from Saddam" thread that the mods make Brody ombudsman and make Bob Barron a big lumbering sexual deviant. I'm still awaiting action on the 2nd part of my admonition.

Barron was supposed to PM me so I could teach him the secret of family fondling