TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cheech Tremendous

TSM FAQ

Yeah, what happened to Mario Logan?

He got banned for... uh... something, I don't remember. He showed up at the Pit briefly a couple years back, but vanished again. IIRC, didn't his name come across someone's desk at their day job as being a guy who passed a bad check or had outstanding loan collections or something like that?

Guest Vitamin X
Also, I suggested in the "Letter from Saddam" thread that the mods make Brody ombudsman and make Bob Barron a big lumbering sexual deviant. I'm still awaiting action on the 2nd part of my admonition.

We can only do so much, really!

Barron was supposed to PM me so I could teach him the secret of family fondling

Is there really that much to it?

Also, I suggested in the "Letter from Saddam" thread that the mods make Brody ombudsman and make Bob Barron a big lumbering sexual deviant. I'm still awaiting action on the 2nd part of my admonition.

We can only do so much, really!

Barron was supposed to PM me so I could teach him the secret of family fondling

Is there really that much to it?

Convincing your retarded uncle to pipe down the moaning so Grandma doesn't hear you raping him does take some talent

Can someone explain the concept of The Eliminator to me?

The first couple Eliminators were just threads saying a game of sorts was going to begin, which would test your skills as a poster, but nothing ever came from them.

I got an idea from the poster testing skills bit and was going to create an eliminator where nobody that signed up would know when it began, and in round one I would eliminate the person who made the least amount of posts in a day, round two I'd post in a random thread on the board telling people who read it to PM me and the last person to read it would be eliminated, round three I'd eliminate the last person to create a thread since the eliminator began etc. and I'd only tell the contestants why they were eliminated at the end of each round. I never got around to it though.

Now The Eliminator was brought back as a reverse draft.

Jesus, Bob, do I have to literally spell everything out? I have a general idea of what e-fed is. I'm not stupid. I just want to know what they all do down there every day. Like I get that it's a whole fantasy booking thing, but that's about it.

When I was involved, I considered it as sort of a creative writing experience. You basically think up promos and matches and write them out yourself or along with someone else. It isn't an everyday thing; usually you do something once a week for the weekly show (even though you didn't need to do it every week) and then something for the end of the month show. I kinda fell out of love with wrestling so the well ran dry, but it was fun to think of situations and crazy gimmick matches to write.

This is pretty much right. It's gone from a joke fed to a creative writing exercise, slowly but surely. It's still stupid when it needs to be, we just write more words than before. The only thing I'd contest is that people write something once a week. The work-ethic isn't nearly so high. Also, we have like 8 mods and 6 regular(ish) writers, so figure that out.

It's like the SWF now basically, except SWF is (in theory) competitive.

I love that the OAOAST is still around, especially since AS was banned in 2005

The name is ridiculously clunky for what it's become, but I've never had the heart to seriously suggest changing it.

What was the whole situation with Dames accidently deleting a bunch of stuff that one time? Was it just some accounts that went or what?

What was the whole situation with Dames accidently deleting a bunch of stuff that one time? Was it just some accounts that went or what?

Dames was trying to delete the posters with zero posts or who hadn't posted in a year. He ended up deleting everybody.

Early this year, VX tried to do the same thing. He, too, ended up deleting everybody.

This thread is begging for a list of the outed gimmick posters and who was behind them. Well, maybe I'm just begging for it.

Can somebody explain the story behind Crono T's shelf?

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=68058

Thanks! I've never actually seen the original thread. I busted up laughing at CronoT's long description of his new furniture and organizational system and then lost it when the next poster said that he could put all that shit on one shelf. Amazing.

This thread is begging for a list of the outed gimmick posters and who was behind them. Well, maybe I'm just begging for it.

Since the account doesn't work anymore, I'll go ahead and reveal that I was behind (haha behind) Gaybraham Lincoln.

Since the account doesn't work anymore, I'll go ahead and reveal that I was behind (haha behind) Gaybraham Lincoln.

I knew it!

In the early days the OAOAST was a parody of e-feds. We had the most ludicrous gimmicks and matchups possible. My character J*INGUS was a Kane ripoff, a giant 7-foot-tall serial killer who got that big by imbibing radioactive steroids after being Bradshawed in the shower by the whole roster. It was that kind of fed. Later on he made out with a zombie chick, killed about a thousand of MarioLogan's horror movie goons, feuded with a guy who had a drunken fish for a mascot, and won the women's title. Yeah, it was that kind of place. Eventually however it turned into kind of a more serious and generic e-fed, and my attention waned.

Ah, Derek the Fish, as created by myself. The early days of OAOAST were the best.

Guest Vitamin X
Early this year, VX tried to do the same thing. He, too, ended up deleting everybody.

It wasn't quite the same thing. Let me explain what happened.

The mod staff wanted to get together and prune a crapload of the accounts that hadn't been active or anything for a while. So we tried to set a limit on what the threshold was going to be for accounts that would be pruned, but no one could quite agree on what exactly that was.. then CWM asked me if I could go ahead and do it since I was usually on very late at night when no one is on at the board and do it, since it would take a while. What ended up happening is I mass-pruned all the accounts of posters who were under, I believe, 30 posts but then (and this is the part where I take the blame for messing things up for) I changed the post number to delete everyone who had under 100 posts and also people who hadn't posted in a certain amount of time (I think it was set for like a year or two)... This was a big mistake, since most of the gimmicks and a lot of newbie posters- not to mention established posters who had custom post counts under that number, like in the negatives- were under that amount and people who hadn't been to the board in a long time were suddenly not able to access their accounts as a result. The mod staff, understandably, freaked out about this and compounded matters the following day by asking admin Mike to reset the board to the last time the board was backed up, which was a few months back- which made things worse because hundreds of threads and posts suddenly vanished as a result.

I took the blame for things seeing as how if it wasn't for doing that pruning with other people online at the time the following incident wouldn't have happened, although it's been increasingly annoying that I keep being the scapegoat for it... However, it was agreed that the only person who would do member account pruning from then on would be admin Mike since he has the ability to backup the board before starting to prune. Of course, seeing as how he's rarely around (and we didn't give him much of a welcome when he did try to come around) that's probably not going to happen again.

Of note is that the Dames board crash in 2003 was much worse than what happened this year, since practically every person's account had been deleted, instead of mostly newbies, inactives, and gimmicks.

What's the story behind Nelly's Bandaid?

Jesus, Bob, do I have to literally spell everything out? I have a general idea of what e-fed is. I'm not stupid. I just want to know what they all do down there every day. Like I get that it's a whole fantasy booking thing, but that's about it.

When I was involved, I considered it as sort of a creative writing experience. You basically think up promos and matches and write them out yourself or along with someone else. It isn't an everyday thing; usually you do something once a week for the weekly show (even though you didn't need to do it every week) and then something for the end of the month show. I kinda fell out of love with wrestling so the well ran dry, but it was fun to think of situations and crazy gimmick matches to write.

This is pretty much right. It's gone from a joke fed to a creative writing exercise, slowly but surely. It's still stupid when it needs to be, we just write more words than before. The only thing I'd contest is that people write something once a week. The work-ethic isn't nearly so high. Also, we have like 8 mods and 6 regular(ish) writers, so figure that out.

I'm one of them (the mods) and I haven't written anything in, what, 2 years now?