TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Czecherbear

Poster Tournament Pregame

So, will there be a worst poster of the year again?

I think we should do it right now so that I can put 2 Time Worst Poster on my spiffy banner Im working on to go with 2008 Death Pool Champion and 2008 TSM Fantasy Football Champion.

Maybe if we're lucky, you'll actually get banned this time.

Marvin got McBeef'ed

You don't get to celebrate awfulness

You won once, didn't you?

SONNED

Shit, I suppose you're right... now if only we could get together and hold the "Banky Memorial Pick a Fucking Login Name and Stick With it" Tournament, the "Had to Borrow Other Posters Personalities to Establish Themselves" Tournament and the "Wasted Far Too Much Time on a Bad Video to Make Fun of Bob Barron" Tournament, then maybe you could finally pick up your own board hardware

SONNED

Shit, I suppose you're right... now if only we could get together and hold the "Banky Memorial Pick a Fucking Login Name and Stick With it" Tournament, the "Had to Borrow Other Posters Personalities to Establish Themselves" Tournament and the "Wasted Far Too Much Time on a Bad Video to Make Fun of Bob Barron" Tournament, then maybe you could finally pick up your own board hardware

I don't even know if a wedge could get all of the sand out of here.

SONNED

Slayer can't take a joke. :(

Are you STILL on that Inc thing?

Slayer can't take a joke. :(

Are you STILL on that Inc thing?

Apply Koh-ab's quote to yourself

You jabbed me in the shoulder and in turn I jabbed back just a bit harder... though that Barron video was bad

and the Inc thing is because admittedlty I don't have much else to hang on you, so I have to use what I can. I can go back and harp on that damn Barron video though, if you like!

Guest Agent of Oblivion
Threw my name in the hat to see if I actually make it out of the first round. April will be 7 years of mediocrity for me.

Has everyone seen this guy's ears? They're amazing. Bout the size of a dime.

Guest Czecherbear

SONNED

Holy shit!

Marvin hates black people? Well I'm sure EHME's just like totally half pissed about that.

And I don't mind Marvin's sig, I think talking to retards is almost like feeding bears. It has to be done, but carefully, and if you make him think you're willing to talk to a retard, he will keep saying retarded shit. Just like a bear...

Guest Czecherbear

Oh hey. Procedural bullshit again. The plan is still to start this whole thing a week from today. If you want to nominate people for the field, I'll take those via PM till 9 Central next Monday night, at which point I'll convene a braintrust (me, NYU, CWM, a mystery helper) to help sort out a list. Private message is preferred, but we'll have a running thread on Monday for anyone who needs to get a last-minute list in or for general shit-shooting, as these things generally end up being. To review, just in case there's like one guy that doesn't remember all this crap, you can list up to ten people for your nomination; teals/banned/gimmicks are disallowed. Don't write justifications, save them for the game, which tenuously segues to

What do you guys want to do about tiebreaks? Last year, we had two ties (not the Moysey kind), and they were both big ugly flaps because of the whole ad hoc nature of it all, so we should probably figure this out beforehand. The options are

1) Leave it up to The Braintrust to break the tie based on the best justifications

2) A best 2/3 overtime period

3) One-hour poll extension to let people do their electioneering and rope any eligible voters they can into voting.

I think we did #2 in a late round and #3 in an early one, and both of them pissed people off. Personally, I like #1, since it rewards "boarding hard" and all that jazz, but it's still subjective and that'll make people angry. The frantic warm-body-searching of #3 will be fun to watch go down if Matt Young is involved. I don't like #2 but it's fast.

Also, in a nod to the NHL's glory days of the Smythe, Norris, Adams, and Patrick, I'm naming the regions for our own set of builders. I guess it's better than just going by color, or names of Thinking Fellers songs, or whatever. We've got our Golden Dames, then Scooter, Adminbot, and Popick. Isn't there anyone else? Help. I might have to use Fellers tunes after all.

So there you go. This should be a fun one this year, which of course I say before I realize it means putzing around with a spreadsheet for hours and hours and I get sick of the board and have to leave for a week. There are still plenty of people who haven't sent me a list and plenty more who haven't been nominated, so here's the home stretch for impressing your peers, I guess. See that thread Mattdotcom made? Perfect example. Now that we can, we'll have to figure out some sort of prize pack for the winner. Vanity member group? Ban of your choice? No promises.

Should I make my nominations public to try and rally mutual support from people, or should I just tell everyone "hey I nominated you!" and not leave anyone looking at me with a grudge? Decisions, decisions.