TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

So how was your 2008?

Well lets see:

Good stuff -

Saw Glenn Beck's stage shows in Harrisburg and Philadelphia

Went to 3 WWF Shows (2 house shows, 1 Smackdown Taping)

Went to Hershey Park and NYC

Went to Yankee Stadium to see the Os lose

Saw 3 Doors Down in concert

Got a promotion and a small raise and working fewer days/hours plus better health insurance. 3 day work week FTW!

Still have my GF even though she's up in NJ more than down here

Bad stuff

Last week someone sideswiped my Yaris and knocked off my mirror and dented the left front quarterpanel causing 1,500 in damage. Thankfully I only have a 500 deductible but still Id like to punch whoever hit my car

Probably lost about $2k on Blackjack (damn theres my new TV I want)

Obama won

My grandfather died about 6 weeks ago

Gained about 10 lbs

Only good thing about this year is I got a car. I thought it would help me get a job but I thought wrong. Well I did go to my first Wrestlemania and that was awesome. I guess the year wasn't as bad as last year but I would really like a job.

This was really a year of transition for me. I graduated from college and was planning on going to law school in the Fall. But as it approached I really began to question if it was what I wanted to do with my life, so I put it on hold. This has caused some problems with my dad, he really wanted me to go. I got a job at UC as a Financial Coordinator in the Registrars office, it's okay, but I'm really just using it until I decide what I want to do. It's funny, my dad went straight from college to law school to his job, and has been at the same place ever since. When I was little I always figured that would be me. Now I'm 23 and have no fucking clue what I want to do with my life. Over the summer I got shin splints (that really sucked), and I now live in Kentucky because we decided to move closer to my girlfriends job. I've put out a shit-ton of resumes for jobs I really don't want, and I have an interview on the 5th for a job that would pay well, but I would hate it, and would have to work a shit ton of hours.

Some days I just want to hop in my car drive down to Florida and live a stress free life renting out beach chairs. Oh, and I'm posting here at about midnight on New Years eve. Yeah

I started off the year winning 5000 dollars on a 1 dollar scratch off lottery ticket. I then found out I had diabetes after nearly dying from ketoacidosis, spent 18 days in the hospital, spent 2500 or so on hospital related expenses, and was in and out of the hospital for months after that. And I'm still not feeling better (have always had colon problems, and now diabetes and back pain on top of that).

The pluses? Not much, but I did get to watch a lot of movies this year, and I beat 50 video games.

2009 is about redeeming my personal life and getting my social aspects back on track. 2008 was a reboot/health year I guess.

2008 was average at best for me. School went well, volunteered for Obama, but that was about it for good things. A couple family members had cancer (one passed), I gained a ton of weight, didn't have much of a social life, etc...I don't see 2009 being all that great for me either, at least not through the first half or so. I'm set to finish college this year but my plans after that are muddy (not sure if grad school is in the cards for me or not). I also need to hit the gym and shed some serious pounds. At the very least, I want to move out of town this year.

Graduated high school, got my own place, moved out, lost my virginity, committed a number of felonies, picked up biking, lost 4 inches off my waist, and got invited to the secret board.

This, minus the invite to the secret board.

+ New job. Better pay. Better boss. Better work environment. Not quite what I was expecting to do when I graduated college all those moons ago, but better to have a "eh" job and an awesome boss than a dream job and a shithead boss/management.

-/+ The better half got her job eliminated. For as horrible as my previous workplace was, hers was probably just as bad. She still needs to get her ass a job, but in the end this will be a move for the better.

-/+ Another Hussein is back in power to terrorize America. Once again, another potential silver lining; look how great Jimmy Carter was for my peeps back in the day. Plus I now have someone to blame for everything that goes wrong in the next 4 years. Ow, I stubbed my toe against the computer desk! Damn you Osama!

-/+ My American piece of shit car that was ruined by shithead mechanics died with one payment left. The plus? A new car that will get paid off sooner than later and the ability to wash my hands clean of the last "Big 3" auto I will ever buy. Die, GM, die. Of course, now you're going to get my money another way you good-for-nothing welfare queen.

-/+ kkk Jr. saw what was in store for her and offed herself in the womb. For her brief time with us, Alana Grace taught me a few lessons I would not have otherwise learned.

2008 was a transition year for me. Every year since 2000 has sucked, and things started slowly working out in 2008. More like a prologue for when I kick the world's ass in 2009, though.

Guest Vitamin X
-/+ kkk Jr. saw what was in store for her and offed herself in the womb. For her brief time with us, Alana Grace taught me a few lessons I would not have otherwise learned.

:(

Aw man, sorry to hear that. Unlike in my situation, for you it would have been a blessing. That's a real nice name, too. And you're able to keep a sense of humor about it, it seems, which is good.

2008 was a transition year for me. Every year since 2000 has sucked, and things started slowly working out in 2008. More like a prologue for when I kick the world's ass in 2009, though.

That's a lot like my situation, but the difference is for me it's true.

Good

-Guy I voted for actually won this time

-Saw some great movies

-Saw Radiohead in concert

-Rekindled my love of the musical ventures of Scott "Wino" Weinrich

-Almost done with college

-Still alive

-Lost weight

Bad

-Still in college

Good year overall

Awful, but an improvement on my 2007, which centred around two things, specifically: financial trouble and my brother's custody battle with his son.

The former didn't improve all that much, as I've essentially been living on credit since August, but at least a line of credit has my bills harmonized, and realistically can be paid off by the end of '09. I didn't achieve my goal of buying a house. It's been surprisingly tough to find work, save Best Buy which is seasonal anyway. Placement agencies have been paying my bills, but I've just been getting by, even staying at home, which is beyond pathetic at 24 years old.

Still didn't get to see my nephew once this year. But we did get Christmas card and pictures of him from his cunt of a mother.

Did get to see Calgary for five months. November 4 may have been the best day of my life. I mentioned this in General Wrestling folder, but the 2008 Royal Rumble was a phenomenal event, since it had an 'end of an era' feel to the little house I was renting.

I did save up enough to get everything I need to furnish a place,

My goals for '09 are to pay cash for a new HDTV, an new set of golf clubs, laser eye surgery, and to buy a house.

My mood improved a lot as typed this and really reflected on things.