TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

The 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania Thread

JBLs something Historic at WM25 = Retiring as Intercontinental Champion?

WON reported that his back is bothering him again and he's talking about retirement

Does that mean that the title becomes "vacant" or is it gonna be retired along with JBL.

I'm perfectly fine with the fact there is only one mid-card title.

In upcoming house shows, JBL and Vladmir Kozlov team up against the team of the Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. Based on Undertaker and Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania opponents, teaming up, we can assume and JBL will be facing Kozlov for the Intercontinental Championship at the 25th annual WrestleMania on April 5th.

Am I the only one who doesn't see the correlation between the two?

Forcing JBL to make an unnecessary face turn would be a worthless manuever this close to the show especially if the idea is that JBL will play up his texan heritage for a positive reaction. It's more suited to everything that JBL has been about to defeat a fan favorite like Mysterio in Texas and retire as champion.

In upcoming house shows, JBL and Vladmir Kozlov team up against the team of the Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. Based on Undertaker and Shawn Michaels, WrestleMania opponents, teaming up, we can assume and JBL will be facing Kozlov for the Intercontinental Championship at the 25th annual WrestleMania on April 5th.

Am I the only one who doesn't see the correlation between the two?

What's actually written in the Observer:

JBL& Vladimir Kozlov face Undertaker & Shawn Michaels on the 3/16 Raw show, from Corpus Christi. That strange pairing could indicate a Kozlov/JBL break-up, allowing JBL, who would be cast as a Texan (in recent years, he’s been a New Yorker when wrestling in Texas, and a Texan when wrestling in New York to stay heel in both places) as a babyface to face Kozlov in a title match at Mania, which would cast him in the right atmosphere for a retirement ceremony.

It makes a lot more sense without such a poor job of paraphrasing. And there's nothing about JBL/Kozlov teaming at house shows, either.

With the talk now of Bradshaw vs. Kozlov as a possible mania match, that once again frees Rey up for discussion. He is obviously going to be on the show, but where? I am now pushing for a Rey vs. Bourne match at mania. I am going to the show and at this point the only match that excites me is Taker-HBK. And I am not really a fan of either. A Bourne-Mysterio match would most definitely excite me though, and could easily steal the show.

The lack of Rey on the card is really strange. He's one of their top guys, really popular, talented; you'd think they'd have something for him by now. If all he's getting is a spot in a cluster of some kind designed to give everyone without something to do a payoff, it's a waste.

Rey vs. Swagger? Since they both have nothing to do and the ECW title needs to be on the card?

hell, I'd even take a Rey / Bourne match with a dusty finish at mania...

it'd be a super simple way to setup a bourne / tyson kidd program which I eagerly await

Maybe Kozlov headbutts his way out of the Clothesline from Hell and breaks JBL's arm to end his career & take his IC title at WrestleMania. There's a moment for you.

I want to see Rey and Bourne against Miz and Morrison. Forget the Colons; they should just unify the belts on Raw and build to this match.

Couldn't they just do a triple threat and still unify the belts that way?

Or for that matter, they could do Rey v. Bourne v. Swagger for the ECW title?

I really hope we don't see the expected Rey/JBL deal for the IC title, just seems like we've seen that matchup so many times, much like Cena/Edge and Orton/HHH, and it just comes across as thrown together, even if Bradshaw is supposed to retire here. Although you have to consider that Rey did "retire" Bradshaw once already, so the story is somewhat there in place for another go-around.

I suggested a Tag Team Tourmil, to unify both belts. Those are usually fun, plus it's a good way to put people to work who aren't on the card already.

I like the idea of Mysterio/Bourne teaming up and added into the tag title mix (and would throw in Rhodes and Dibiase for that matter), however it leaves Swagger with nothing, unless Dreamer gets the spot.

I could also see Swagger vs Mysterio vs Bourne for the ECW title

In a perfect world the ending to the Jamie Noble angle would be him rolling up Bradshaw and beating him for the IC title in 2 minutes at Mania. Just have JBL come out, talk about how it's a shame that he's not on the Mania card, and how the IC title hasn't been defended in nearly 10 years at Mania. Noble comes out, JBL just goes, "Well, I guess this will have to do". After a short competitive 2 minute sprint, JBL goes for the Clothesline from Hell, and gets rolled up by Noble and then retires out of embarrassment.

In a perfect world the ending to the Jamie Noble angle would be him rolling up Bradshaw and beating him for the IC title in 2 minutes at Mania. Just have JBL come out, talk about how it's a shame that he's not on the Mania card, and how the IC title hasn't been defended in nearly 10 years at Mania. Noble comes out, JBL just goes, "Well, I guess this will have to do". After a short competitive 2 minute sprint, JBL goes for the Clothesline from Hell, and gets rolled up by Noble and then retires out of embarrassment.

Or Charlie Haas comes out to the Ultimate Warrior's music and beats him in like 10 seconds.

I'd much rather see the real Ultimate Warrior, then yet another tired and stale impression. Although it would be cool to see Haas on the big show.