TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

So I've been sober for 3 days.

I say we ban EHME if he falls off the wagon. Tough love.

Who the fuck are you? A rent-a-admin wannabe? Go suck a dick, I say we ban you for being a snitch bitch and having a dumb av.

If I choose to drink, it's my choice... I'm a grown ass man.

Guest Vitamin X
What's with all you dudes giving up the bottle? Is it some fruity new year's resolution deal? You're making me feel like a lush.

I'm not giving it up permanently, it's just an experiment for a month to see if I can control myself, and also to get my sleeping habits in order. For the past couple months or so, I've been drinking coffee to wake up and drinking alcohol to go to sleep, with some regularity. As a result, over winter break, I had days where I was going to sleep around 10am and waking up at 4pm, shit like that. Since the new year coincided with school and work starting again (my work kept getting closed because of the snow) I figured why not try to hold off on all that and do that fruity new year's resolution thing for about a month. Lose some weight, too.

So far, the alcohol experiment has been pretty easy; the caffeine, not so much. I'm incredibly tired and today I've been getting throbbing headaches on and off. The good part of it is that I'm actually able to go to sleep before 2am now... which is good because when I see it's about to be that time here (which is close to last call in most of the bars close to my house) I run out and grab a drink before they close.

Are you at least compensating with copious amounts of chronic?

What I wouldn't give for a little bit o' that right now. Studying for thy wiz quiz is no fun; especially when I could just walk down into my basement and break into my stash. Sigh.

Guest Vitamin X

I had caffeine in a smoothie a while ago. I didn't find out about this till way after the fact but I remembered drinking and being like, OH JESUS THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER. Yeah that's going to be a tough one to break.

Are you at least compensating with copious amounts of chronic?

I haven't smoked weed in ages, due to lack of reputable sellers around where I live, and more interest in alcohol than weed lately.

I think Kinetic put it best when he said something to the effect that just going down to the store or a bar and buying a drink or a bottle of alcohol is so much more preferable than sitting around in some stinky guy's house for an hour petting their cat. I like quick business transactions, we talk, we exchange, we leave. I call again when I need some more, and that's that- and a lot of the people who I've found do weed out here are unfortunately tweekers as well, which is something I've been staying far, far away from for a while. And the rest who I've found are just kinda losers who I don't want to hang around just for bud. So, alcohol- the solution to all of life's problems.

I was thinking about smoking pot earlier today, but I wouldn't know where to begin to try to buy some. Plus I don't have anywhere to smoke it. And I don't have any money. So, probably not going to happen.

I did have a beer last night, however. Never before had I felt so grateful to be drinking a Budweiser.

Meh, even if it's quality bud you won't be high forever. Take a study break.

I really have barely touched it since I moved out to Indy, and that was almost two years ago. I always smoke with my friends when I go back home, but that's about the extent of it. Maybe a dozen times here, tops. I usually get burned out after two nights in a row, anyways, so it would hardly be a dive back into it.

Watch some fights. Then go start your own fite.

I'm watching In Burges, it kinda is getting me into a fighting mood.

I might kick the shit out of the group of teenagers who live across the alley of me who smoke weed in the alley way.

I'll jack their weed to.

I had a drinking problem and got it under control without total abstinence... like a man.

But no, haven't been drunk in some time, nor should I ever be again, really.

I have to quit though eventually. I need to set an example for my daughter.

I don't want my daughter to make the mistake I've made in my lifetime. She shouldn't drink as much as I have as a youth. Right now my daughter is at the age where it doesn't really matter. I'm not as bad as I was before I had her, but still I need to take it a step at a time.

Yeah, I'm not about preaching to people, and don't mind being around drinking. It's just not something I have the luxury of doing anymore. Really a small sacrifice, as life's been pretty damn swell since I sobered up.

Guest Vitamin X
I did have a beer last night, however. Never before had I felt so grateful to be drinking a Budweiser.

You live in the Pacific Northwest now. There's absolutely no reason for you to be drinking that swill.

Red wine + a half dozen beers + Coumadin pill = waking up and going to work this morning sucked. I also had a few swigs of vodka. I'm going to take it easy the next couple of nights before I destroy my liver.

A stroke preventative, in case I go into a ventricular tachycardia (150+ beats per minute, usually, which I am taking beta blockers to prevent). It usually makes for groggy mornings if I am not hydrated enough.