TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Psycho Penguin

ECW - January 6, 2009

Boogeyman's head is painted black with the inside of his ears and the outer corners of his eyes painted red. His opponent is Brett Barnes, for the record.

Why is Boogeyman getting this push? I mean I respect the hell out of what he made of the gimmick but damn he's going nowhere on the card and just taking up space.

I think that was the blow-off to Henry vs Hardy. Hardy will move on to Swagger next week (and probably for a program), though who knows where Henry goes - what faces are there for him to wrestle? DJ Gabriel's feuding with Burchill at the moment. Dreamer vs Henry has been done and offers nothing. Finlay vs Henry has been done as well. I look forward to seeing Finlay vs Burchill and Finlay vs Gabriel though.

Is anyone watching this besides me? How come it sounded like Katie Lea had a new song and now the same one she's been using with Paul is playing?

You're right it did, unless when they cut to her in the ring, the song got to a part we haven't heard before. Anyhow the match was indeed better than the Paul/DJ match. Henry has pretty much lost his aura with multiple losses to small guys like Hardy and Finlay. Send him to Smackdown full time and maybe try a face turn? Or reunite him and DLO.

Swagger does need a finisher name, "JACKHAMMER" would be good if not for the existance of Goldberg.

When Swagger debuted, he did a Blue Thunder Powerbomb instead of a Doctor Bomb, and Striker dubbed it the Red, White, and Blue Thunder. So I just call it the Red, White, and Blue Bomb, making it something like Batista/Demon Bomb, where there are two different names.

Do they not call it the Doctor Bomb? I always assumed it was due to the Oklahoma connections that he changed it and since I nearly always fast-forward Swagger's stuff I don't know, but I would expect Striker to have chipped in at least once with a Dr. Death reference.