TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Ghost of bps21

Impact 1-8

I don't know what they're going to do with the Guns facing each other at the ppv. They could have one hell of a match...but we'll probably see one lay down for the other and maybe Homicide cash in his shot.

In other news...Shane is the biggest star in the Impact Zone. I doubt he'll get much of a reaction in NC...but yeah...he owns all.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that Shane was great. If he can work, he could probably be a star.

I've never seen his stuff, but I'm liking his angle and he's getting over nice.

I've seen him work a lot in Puerto Rico on the old sports station we used to have here. It's a totally different style that they worked there (much slower and bigger since they were running stadiums and not arenas) but he was a big star down there and he knows how to work.

From the thread I created while you were making this one:

Good match between Alex Shelley and Eric Young, although the ending sucked since it looked like Eric just let go of Shelley and ran into Sabin's interference rather than Shelley kicking out. I'm looking forward to the Guns' match for the X Division Championship.

I'm also happy that they finally pulled the trigger on Glamour Boy Shane as a wrestler. While it's not hard to get oneself over as a face against Sheik Abdul Bashir, Shane has been drawing some loud cheers and should be successful in his new role.

"Don't put off until today, what you can do tomorrow." Good one, Nash. And Booker's, "We comin' for ya!" line reminded me of his embarrassing promo on Hulk Hogan from a decade and a half ago.

I see what they are going for with the Lethal/Creed, Beer Money, Abyss/Morgan storyline...but it is taking Lethal/Creed way too long to beat Storm by himself. This should be booked as a huge upset considering Beer Money has been able to defend against the giants Abyss and Morgan.

Does anyone else think Shane Sewell's seizure-induced rage looks stupid?

Yes. Leave that shit to Hulk Hogan.

Lethal Consequences, which it seems like they'll be using, would be like the 8th best tag team name ever.

The Referee vs the guy(s) who hates America has already been done. TNA's doing it well, but it's already been done.

Does anyone else think Shane Sewell's seizure-induced rage looks stupid?

Yes. Leave that shit to Hulk Hogan.

Lethal Consequences, which it seems like they'll be using, would be like the 8th best tag team name ever.

I didn't think anything of them until they did their post match interview and Creed said "The consequences..." and Machismo finished "Will be Lethal."

That ruled.

Did anyone else notice that the entire Impact audience got entirely silent after Jarrett said "Kurt!"? That was a very cool thing. That's when you know TNA has their fans eating up this storyline.

Yeah, the first segment (well, at least the Shane Sewell angle) and the last segment both were pretty strong, I thought. TNA has really started to fly on all cylanders with their top programs and the storylines that go with them, which is very rare that a compelling storyline draws me into TNA programs/feuds. Maybe they will finally get to the point where they have that solid balance of strong storytelling to go with solid matches. Time will tell.

Unfortunately, there was alot of Impact I tended to skim through last night just as much as certain parts to the show really hooked me. Other strong stuff was the Beer Money/Lethal Consequences stuff (felt like a significant title change because of the babyface association with Front Line), the newbie chick against Kong and a huge misfire continues to be this nonsense with Daffney and the Beautiful People. Very hit or miss show to both extremes.

The Referee vs the guy(s) who hates America has already been done. TNA's doing it well, but it's already been done.

What's funny is I just realized that TNA has done the referee fighting angle before themselves with Dropkick Mike Posey (who was fired from WWE today which is why I remembered). That angle sucked though. My guess is this was an angle that they wanted to do for some time but decided to do something smart and find an actual wrestler to portray the roll so it could go somewhere. I give them credit for this whole angle. Sewell has been reffing for a pretty long time in TNA now so he was actually an established ref before they kicked off the angle...which isn't what they'd normally do.

I'm wondering, are any of these guys the MEM took out, booked on the PPV? They're acting like Joe will never be seen again, but I thought he was in that 6 man tag match. Same for Bubba Ray. Is Devon booked by himself, or will Bubba Ray show up too so they can have a tag match against somebody?

Would personally like to see the MEM take out D-Von early in the show on Sunday, and have AJ say he has a friend, turning out to be Chris Daniels, who will join them in the match subbing for D-Von.