TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

NFC Championship Thread

I think this is it for Kurt. He had something to prove and I think he proved it. He has no reason to come back next year and he doesn't even know if he'll have Fitz and Boldin or just Fitz. Get to the Super Bowl, try to have one last shocking hurrah and walk away regardless.

He got the Cardinals to the frickin Super Bowl, I really REALLY don't see how he can top it. Winning the damn thing against the best defense in the NFL would just get him a wing in the Hall of Fame. Getting the Rams AND the Cardinals a Super Bowl? DAMN!

Drew Brees finished 4th in Heisman Trophy voting.

Yeah. I forgot him, Rivers, and Cutler. All solid college QBs.

I think this is it for Kurt. He had something to prove and I think he proved it. He has no reason to come back next year and he doesn't even know if he'll have Fitz and Boldin or just Fitz. Get to the Super Bowl, try to have one last shocking hurrah and walk away regardless.

He got the Cardinals to the frickin Super Bowl, I really REALLY don't see how he can top it. Winning the damn thing against the best defense in the NFL would just get him a wing in the Hall of Fame. Getting the Rams AND the Cardinals a Super Bowl? DAMN!

Money? Heh. You're right, considering he was considered washed up years ago, now he was having a mVP-caliber season for a while and now has the arguably worst franchise in the SB (although there's other reasons like coach, receivers, and a run game/defense developing out of the blue)

He was never really washed up though. He's just been a little injury prone and then was unfairly written off completely. His numbers with the Giants are better than Eli's, and he never had the talent around him that Eli has now. The guy might be the most underrated QB in my lifetime, not by fans but by the league, which has far worse consequences for a guy's career.