TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

I have manic depressive/bipolar disorder type 2.

Those are the MAOIs. My mnemonic was "mozzarella ain't option. ick!"

Picturing them as a creation by Chairman Mao would have been much better.

A couple years ago, I walked off a high paying 3rd shift job site at 2 A.M. during a smoke break and wandered the streets of downtown Riverside for hours, determined to never go back. Just an hour before, I was a motivated, quality employee with no desire to leave.

Amazingly, I did the same thing like two weeks before I posted the My Brain thread, except my job wasn't high paying or 3rd shift. This was back when I was working in the cafe five days a week, and I hated it, and had asked my manager twice if I could go back to being a bookseller/cashier, but most of the cafe-workers besides me were completely unreliable and we didn't have enough payroll to hire anyone at the time. Anyways, one day I told one of my supervisors that I wasn't feeling well and I'd like to go home early, and he said he'd call the person who came in after me to see if she could come in early. An hour later I asked him if he'd called her yet, and he said "no," so I said I quit and walked out. It was pretty awesome because there was nobody else cafe-certified working until my replacement arrived four hours later. Then I came back after two days off and pulled the old George Costanza, pretend like nothing happened routine. My manager was like, "hey, Steven told me you quit," and I said, "oh, no, I just wasn't feeling good, but seriously, take me out of the cafe." I think that's how I finally realized I could do pretty much whatever I want at work.

ANYWAYS, since this thread started off with a quote from a post from my thread, I guess this as good a time as any for me to give an update on my life. I have been seeing a psychologist, but I'm not taking any kind of medication. I guess I'm still pretty unsocial, but when I'm out somewhere I'm less self-conscious than I had been, and my mom got me a health club membership, which I've been taking advantage of 3-4 times a week. The exercise definitely helps. I'm sleeping better, provided I leave the TV on, or the radio at a soft volume. I no longer want to join the military, and honestly I'm kinda confused about why I ever wanted to in the first place. I know I definitely couldn't survive there. I'm hoping to go back to school next fall, and I guess that will be the real test of my recovery.

Hope everything goes well for you, Matt.

Man, is this board populated with Bill Mahers or what? I started taking Zoloft because I felt like shit all the time. And it made me feel better. No nausea. No impotence. SO THERE.

I thought I was going to go crazy with obsessive worrying. It got the point where I developed hardcore OCD habits, the craziest of which was driving around a block a few times to make sure that I hadn't hit anyone and not realized it.

Ooh, I did this.

Man, is this board populated with Bill Mahers or what? I started taking Zoloft because I felt like shit all the time. And it made me feel better. No nausea. No impotence. SO THERE.

I thought I was going to go crazy with obsessive worrying. It got the point where I developed hardcore OCD habits, the craziest of which was driving around a block a few times to make sure that I hadn't hit anyone and not realized it.

Ooh, I did this.

In Czech's case, he's been drinking too much Sasparilla. It angers up the blood, you know.

I understand Dan's mistrust of drug companies. I'm not naive enough to think that they have our best interests in mind. But did you ever think that maybe the reason why psychiatric medicine worked out so bad for you was because you were freakin' 8 years old at the time?

Whoa, hella peeps here w/ crippling emotional/personality disorders. This thread makes me feel so well-adjusted, which is sort of a rare feeling. Thx dudes.

Agreed.

I wouldn't call being an obsessed celebrity stalker well adjusted, but maybe that's me.

Compared to what a lot of other people have posted....I don't know. I mean I've never needed medication.

Maybe you do, and you just haven't admitted/won't admit it. You do have sociopathic tendencies.

No, I've been tested before for things. Aside from a learning disability, it's all good in the hood. And by hood, I mean head.

I've been tested for STD's. Negative! After all that gay sex and ass to mouth, still no AIDS. Not even a minor infection. Strong immune system, I reckon.

I'm relieved to know that I can gay fuck you without any consequences.

Kind of related, kind of not; how many of you guys with the seemingly serious social anxieties and related mental disorders lost your virginity later in life or not at all? I feel that, especially in high school, a big reason why girls are attracted to guys is because of their confidence and social prowess, something that these disorders you guys have would severely impede upon.

Just happened to see this thread. I don't know you Matt, but as a fellow bi-polar sufferer I'm happy you've gotten some help for it. Reading that opening post and the symptoms you've suffered really hit home. Manic depression is a bitch that knows no bounds. I was also misdiagnosed in the beginning of high school, but for the past 7-8 yrs or so I've been on some form of medication for manic depression/bi-polar. It works fine, but the only problem is taking it consistently. Seriously though, it's real nice to hear someone is overcoming a similar problem.

Guest Vitamin X
Kind of related, kind of not; how many of you guys with the seemingly serious social anxieties and related mental disorders lost your virginity later in life or not at all? I feel that, especially in high school, a big reason why girls are attracted to guys is because of their confidence and social prowess, something that these disorders you guys have would severely impede upon.

Actually lost it a month away from being 16. To be honest, I was a lot more of a player in high school than I have been since then- there might just be something in being the anti-social tendencies that brings out some sort of confidence or whatever. Although I attribute my lack of play later in life to being retardedly in love with this one girl for a long time who never really quite reciprocated, plus the whole drug and moving around the country and keeping to myself issue. I'm currently experiencing something of a renaissance at 25, so I don't know if it really affected it all that much to be honest.

Last November. I'm 25.

But then I was consciously waiting for marriage. Religious thing.

This seems like as good a time as any to say that sex is awesome.