TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

Superbowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Arizona Cardinals

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Boy, there's something bad wrong with that kid Steely's trying to cheer up.

I wonder what Vegas is going to put the line at. I believe that the inital line will be Pittsburgh by 10 or 7.

Oh man. I feel pretty bad about how hard I am laughing at that second picture.

It's like the kid is hoping Steeley is the Angel of Death. Look at that confused awe.

So for the second time in four years we have the Steelers vs. an NFC West team in the SB, except people actually care about the NFC West team this time

For the most part I'm neutral in this, although a good part of me does not want to see the Bidwill family with a Lombardi trophy

Most ridiculous Super Bowl matchup of all-time. I've had a few too many drinks so this hasn't set in yet.

I called Pittsburgh getting to the Super Bowl sometime late in the season, either after the Dallas game or the second Baltimore game. Their presence doesn't surprise me at all, and I fully expect them to win. Arizona is obviously a complete shock, and I absolutely would have ranked them as the NFC playoff team least likely to make it to Tampa. I'm on the Cardinals bandwagon right now, but, like I said above, I doubt that they'll be able to beat Pittsburgh.

This game reminds me a lot of the 1979 season's Super Bowl with a 12-4 Steelers team going against an NFC West opponent with a 9-7 record (Rams then, Cardinals now). I didn't have either of these teams winning today, but this actually is an interesting game. But in the end this game should go much like that game did, with the underdogs playing hard for 3 quarters until reality sets in. I'll even take the same exact score: 31-19 Steelers.

I have a feeling this is gonna be one of those old school Super Bowl beatdowns. We're talking a Bears/Patriots, Niners/Broncos kind of Super Bowl beatdown.

I think Pitt will win big, but I will be rooting like hell for the Cardinals.

I figured the Steelers would make it once Tom Brady went down, but I didn't even think Arizona would make it out of the wild card round. I'm hoping the Cardinals win just for the sheer shock value of seeing the Arizona fucking Cardinals as Super Bowl champions.

Guest Vitamin X

The Cardinals are an amazing team to see in the big game. Unlike baseball, where we've had Cinderella stories smothered out in the championship games (see: Detroit 2006 and 2008 Rays) the underdog can shock the world with some regularity in football (99 Rams, 2001 Patriots, 2007 Giants etc.). Warner did it just a bit under a decade ago, and I think it would be great to have that team feel vindicated. Arizona will probably never have another chance at a championship and this game would pretty much establish Pittsburgh as the most dominant team of the Super Bowl Era if they won.

I have a feeling Arizona will somehow win though, and break my now two game Super Bowl prediction losing streak, the first one I've ever had after getting ten straight correct.

I think the passing game could be the Steelers' achilles heel on defense. They allowed 24 points to SD (and 275 passing) when they played a decent offense and their special teams have struggled so far in the playoffs.

Arizona's proven they can throw the ball and balance it a bit with the run (which will be snuffed quickly by Pit).

Prediction: Arizona wins 31-23 thanks to Kurt Warner throwing for 3 TD and the Arizona special teams coming up with a couple of big returns on punts or kickoffs.