TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE Raw - January 19, 2009

I've only seen the last few minutes, but that included the punt. I think even Randy knows the difference between punting random wrestlers and fathers, and punting his boss. Although a 'Randy Orton has anger management issues... oh sorry was that your head?' might be vaguely interesting.

I've only seen the last few minutes, but that included the punt. I think even Randy knows the difference between punting random wrestlers and fathers, and punting his boss. Although a 'Randy Orton has anger management issues... oh sorry was that your head?' might be vaguely interesting.

He doesn’t have anger management issues. He just hears voices in his head, they council him and they understand.

I think they may have been trying to get Orton over as a face- or a tweener, at least. They know people find it difficult to side with an egotistical billionaire under any circumstances, and Vince was encouraging Orton with that line about him being nothing without Vince. It must have been obvious to anyone who read that segment that Vince was going to come off looking like the bad guy. Orton came off as an anti hero and that hopefully was the intention because I doubt any storyline that relies on Vince looking sympathetic is going to work.

I doubt making Orton the new SCSA will work either though.