Territory

NEW YORK CITY

Main Venue

madison-square-garden-address.122155725_std.jpg

Madison Square Garden

Other Venues

Hammerstein/Grand Ballroom

Shea Stadium

Quite frankly, this is the best Pro Wrestling fanbase. These four venues will serve well for the promotion. All have a great history and a fanbase that appreciates what they have, show no fear in voicing their opinions and can single handedly alter a promotion and the talent within. Madison Square Garden will be the epicenter of the promotion as it has been the home to some of the greatest wrestling events in our time. Shea Stadium would provide a locale for the annual Summer Mega-Show. The Ball-Rooms, steeped with history themselves will serve as house show and TV taping venues.

#1 Overall Selection

When it comes to building a promotion, the centerpiece of the promotion is the most crucial element because everything builds around it. With the absurd luck of getting the first selection of this draft and having the entire history of this business to select from, the choices are surprisingly limited. Very few performers in this business are definitive centerpieces. The role of a centerpiece is to attract an audience, perform at a high caliber level, and provide the promotion with a sense of accomplishment and value. Many mitigating factors were juggled to determine the first selection. Specific names were valued higher or lower with regards to certain aspects. Ultimately, I chose to take value for quality, ability and prestige even at the expense of more probable money-making attractions. My selection has an indelible record that speaks for itself. An immense volume of quality in-ring performances, a unique command of the interview and a special presence that is quite rare in the business.

With all the fanfare behind us, this will be the first selection of this draft and it’s certainly not a surprise.

I give to you, from Charlotte, North Carolina …

RicFlair010.jpg

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Yeah, that isn't much of a problem. But if somebody selected Chicago, and another person tried to take Rosemont, I would nix it.

Also, Brooklyn Zoo had the last spot during the first draft and walked away with one of the best uppercard groups.

I don't think I'd ever call Flair the top wrestler of all time but I would call him one of if not the best guy to build a promotion around. I know it doesn't make sense but I can't quite explain it without dropping names.

I'll be dissappointed if 6foot9's rant in the first draft about who he'd pick first was a lie.

So as not to disappoint.

My first pick is...

oh wait lets go with venue first.

Home territory- Philadelphia

Home arena- Viking Hall aka ECW Arena

TheArena.jpg

and as for that first pick.

The man who i've been in awe of since his WCW days and his wild brawling feuds. "The fall" still sends chills down my spine.

The Hardcore Legend Mick Foley (aka Cactus Jack, aka Mankind, aka Dude Love)

mick_foley.jpg

did I disappoint?

This is just a note for the newcomers to this draft who might not be aware of this rule but once a wrestler has been taken, all of his gimmicks are included. Such as Mick Foley. You can't draft Dude Love or Mankind. However, if it's a gimmick that's been used by multiple performers (and there are many), you can select it as long as you indictate which performer.

6foot9 lied in the first draft when he said who he'd have selected first. I'm very disappointed, now watch him select that guy with his second pick.

It's going to be awesome when the Big 5 aren't going to be the first 5 men taken, because my first selection isn't one of them.

ECW Arena, really? I can't think of a good reason not to use the Spectrum.

I've always loved small locations. I wish I could name some places I liked to watch at but no need to spoiler things.

I'll be dissappointed if 6foot9's rant in the first draft about who he'd pick first was a lie.

The Hardcore Legend Mick Foley (aka Cactus Jack, aka Mankind, aka Dude Love)

mick_foley.jpg

did I disappoint?

How could you disappoint with such an awesome photo?

It's going to be awesome when the Big 5 aren't going to be the first 5 men taken, because my first selection isn't one of them.

My version of the "big 5" was already broken when Foley got picked. I'm guaranteed to get one of the guys I'd want to build around for sure this time.

So Jebus is at work, and he sent Mellow his picks....

Yeah, just thought I'd update ya'll on that.

Jebus has chosen to run the Toronto area, with his home arena being...

The Toronto Skydome

59141638pwuynsei2005010.jpg

His first round pick will fit in quite nicely with this Canadian territory. Without further ado...

The #3 selection in the draft... He is...

The best there is...

The best there was...

The best there ever will be...

Bret "Hitman" Hart

wwf20bret20hart.jpg

Hmm...wow, it's official...at least one of The Big 3 (welll IMHO) has fallen out of the Top 5. Very interesting draft already.

I hope I don't get the one I don't want to take, but I can't pass up any of those guys at # 6.

Going into this draft, I was like, I'm totally drafting Wrestler X in the first round no matter what, then I saw my spot, and thought, Wow, I can draft almost anybody in the world, and the wheels started spinning. However, I need someone who can be a draw against almost anybody. And I'm nearly at the end of round two for my big shot counterpart. So after debating three or four guys, I'm going back to my first instinct, since I know he won't make it back to me, and I really wants him. So people after me that wanted "traditional" big names, you are welcome.

Cause it's time...

It's time....

It's...

Vader_in_1996.jpg

VADER TIME~!

One of the most dominant, and arguably the best big men in the history of the business, he's a human wrecking ball that can play Monster Heel against anyone I can imagine.

My home arena? Sorta off the beaten path, but I'm trying not to carbon copy my first draft, so I'm forcing myself not to take my initial location choice.

lasvegas_mgm_grand.jpg

MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada

Not a real wrestling powerhouse place, but it's near where I actually live, and Vegas always has that Big Fight Feel.