TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

Thanks again mellow for posting my pick...

My promotion will be based out of Detroit, using Ford Field as the base for big events, and Joe Louis Arena for smaller ones.

I'll take this opportunity to clarify that the Skydome is where my territory's Supercards (like the one at the end of the draft) take place but the classic Maple Leaf Gardens is where the smaller, more frequent shows are run.

"Yaaay! Toronto! That's where we live!" - The Rock

Damn- Detroit was my #1 choice for a city. Though I was going to use The Silverdome (technically outside of Detroit but really close enough to count as it) for my venue.

Oh well eight of my top ten choices for venues are still on the board with ten guys ahead of me. I like my 80% chance of getting one of 'em. A lot of my top 20 guys are still on the board.

Come on Gert T, get on here!

I'll have to send my picks to someone because I'll severely hold up the draft, it's midnight UK time here and you guys have all evening to carry on.

Edit: You're online. Good lad.

With my 1st Round pick, I select:

43.jpg

Sting

Wanted Savage badly because of the many options, but Sting was my next choice. Very happy to have him as a centerpiece.

Territory: Dallas

Future Home of the Gert Wrestling Federation:

Cowboys%20new%20stadium.jpg

Cowboys Stadium

Until then, pardon our construction, we will be based out of:

EdMcLemoreWrestlingSportatorium1953.jpg

The Sportatorium

I'm going to sleep shortly (2.15am) who shall I leave my pick with? Since it's the first round choice, I want to make sure this draft choice gets in on time.

You can leave it with me if you want..I'll be on for another 4 hours atleast.

I've pm'd Mellow and i'll pm the guy after me.. i'm sure either of them will be on over the next 12 hours or so to make the pick for me, thanks anyway FFF.

No problem, I just wanted to see who you were going to pick as soon as possible. :P I get very impatient with these things and can't wait to see who gets picked.

I've pm'd Mellow and i'll pm the guy after me.. i'm sure either of them will be on over the next 12 hours or so to make the pick for me, thanks anyway FFF.

I'll probably have to PM Mellow soon myself. I won't spoil your pick, but I will say it is who I would have taken had you let him slip to me.

I'd like an arena that brings it.

Rosemont Horizon (Allstate Arena): Chicago, Illinois

That was the same picture I had planned to use if OOG had taken the Astrodome while I was asleep.

Here's my strategy. Whoever you are looking at... he's not making it to you.

Austin, Rock, and Hogan went to numbers 5, 6, and 8. With the way this draft has started, I think anyone could get anyone.

Exactly. I was sure that the first 5 would be Austin, Flair, Hart, Hogan and Rock, and only 3 of them were picked before I got my shot at # 6. I thought at best I might get Hart if he slipped or Savage if all 5 were gone. I never would have envisioned Austin and the Huckster still being there.

It took me a while to find a good picture. That was after looking at a bunch of others and after I picked one out for the Pontiac Silverdome.

At the 8th spot I was hoping for Shawn Michaels or Randy Savage. I just couldn't pass on Hogan even though Savage was there.

08hof-undertaker.jpg

The Undertaker

I was hoping for Savage at this spot but I'll certainly take the Phenom at this point in the draft and build around him.

boston_ma_local.jpg

Boston, MA

garden.jpg

TD BankNorth Garden

On behalf of The Franchise

The surprisingly overlooked hotbed that is St. Louis is now taken. I'm assuming that he is most interested in the Kiel Auditorium.

scottradecenter3apr2005.jpg

His top selection will likely marry into his family and solidify himself as the centerpiece of the company...

Ladies and gentlemen, the twelfth selection...

He is the Cerebral Assassin... The King of Kings... The Game...

HHH

tripleh109.jpg

On behalf of Kahran Rasmus

The locale is a reputable breeding ground for some of the best wrestling talents of all time, and a bonafide money spot in the continental US wrestling scene.

Minneapolis, Minnesota

612876796f3cd74150e.jpg

Pictured: The Metrodome

The lucky thirteenth selection is arguably the biggest cash cow in the United States wrestling scene. Maybe the best in the world right now.

Ladies and gentlemen, my own personal no. 1 selection in the inaugural draft...

*cue musical hook and a strong mix of cheers and jeers*

John Cena

cenai.jpg

Anyone want to drop out and give me their spot? I'm looking at you, tominator89.

What about you, TheFranchise? What are you going to do when you can't be here Friday-Monday because your girlfriend might catch you being a nerd?

I'm going to take a proven market for wrestling from the 1940s-2000, the great city of Atlanta. I'll have my weekly tapings over at Center Stage and save my super card for the Georgia Dome.

georgia2_dome_1.jpg

I want a good brawler, someone who is tough and can get over with the fans and someone who can be a heel as well. For this, what better marquee name than "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.

piper2.jpg

Okay, venue wise I'm taking Orlando. I had another idea, but there was really no supercard level stadium. With Orlando, I get TV tapings at the Disney MGM Studios and Universal Studios (home of TNA Impact and WCW Syndicated shows... if that's not a good omen, I don't know what is!). Plus a supercard from this place.

orlando_citrus1.jpg

As for the first pick, I'm going to leave my top babyface to chance because there's nobody really jumping out at me anymore and fingers crossed, I'll get one of my eight or nine 'maybes' back next. I can't chance losing this guy though.

There's argueably bigger draws left on the board. But my next pick has developed argueably as strong of a character as any of them, in an era where characters are too often assigned and not tailored. A character which would look weak on virtually anyone else. And a heel character which should match up with most faces pretty well. If the money is in the chase, who better to be chasing, and to create opportunities to chase, than The Ultimate Opportunist.

My 1st pick and the 15th of the draft is The Rated R Superstar.

96.jpg

EDGE!