TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

Wrestling Roster Draft: Luxe & Reduxe

Foley if you pick my guy, I will have to declare vendetta on you and run your promotion out of Texas.

My rationale on the Bruiser Brody selection. I'm looking to match Hogan up with someone who represents unpredictability, who is frightening and a legit shot at actually beating him. The ultimate battle of clean cut face vs. crazy ass heel.

Sorry naiwf..all my other top choices are gone.

My 2nd pick is another guy from Texas who can be entertaining in many roles..as a GI, as one half of a hilarious movie-reviewing tag team, or as the King of the World. He is a 5 time! 5 time! 5 time! 5 time! 5 time WCW Champion!

bookert.jpg

Booker T

No worries foleyfan, we're still cool B-)

I'm going to do my own version of Hogan/Warrior with two guys who never met to my knowledge. I wasn't going to go this way, but you guys pretty much took everyone else I wanted. So, I'm going to take Goldberg and put on a match that pretty much sells my card singlehandedly.

20.jpg

"Who's next?!?"

fuck this round. more picks have come off my board this round then the first.

I are a sad panda. :(

I'd hope so... you had the 2nd pick.

so? I could hope that people would fall, couldn't I?

Yeah, but there's over 30 picks between your first and second, the odds whoever you had planned would logically be gone by the time it gets back to you. Honestly I'd never start planning picks until I was "on deck" or maybe one out from being "on deck."

I wonder if my 7th round pick will fall like a stone again.

Hulk v. Brody, guessing there will not be a pinfall in that match!

This will be the first time Hogan hulks up to someone who's also no selling.

Actually, I was thinking of making it a cage match cause of that. Blue Steel Cage, Chicago Style.

Yeah, but there's over 30 picks between your first and second, the odds whoever you had planned would logically be gone by the time it gets back to you. Honestly I'd never start planning picks until I was "on deck" or maybe one out from being "on deck."

I wonder if my 7th round pick will fall like a stone again.

It was more of a list of "omg if this guys still on the board when it get back to me I'll jizz my pants".

I still have 3 guys that I'm really hoping make it to me for my next two picks.

People are PMing along right?

Right?

Yeah, I'm already PMing my picks to Mellow just in case and I'm twenty something people away. Though in my defense, I might not have internet access from tomorrow morning till Sunday night.

It's been 8 hours so OOG has missed his pick, so I'm jumpin him.

I'll need someone who can hang with Vader, and maybe cut some neato promos on him. I mentioned earlier in the draft if straight up teams were allowed I'd have taken one in the 4th spot. Here's one half of that team, but he had a viable career as a main event singles competitor.

I'm going to use him as a borderline psychotic pipe swingin' face. This guy healthy against Vader could produce some of the oddest big man matches in history, Hurricanranas, moonsaults, planchas...

Scott_Steiner_Scott_Rechsteiner_06.jpg

Scott Steiner

For my next pick, I'm choosing someone who helped revolutionize the business in the mid-90's, ushering in a new era in North American wrestling.

This is not who I'm thinking of programming Bret with but I just couldn't let him get away. At his healthiest, there is arguably no one more spectacular.

Ladies & Gentlemen, the centerpiece of my Cruiserweight division.

mask_Rey_Mysterio_Jr_-_Oscar_Gonzalez_Gutierrez_05.jpg

Rey Mysterio Jr.

On behalf of 6foot9

Our next draftee made his mark in wrestling history as both a light heavyweight phenomenon in the early nineties, and later, as one of the most controversial figures in the industry.

Ladies and gentlemen, the thirty-eighth selection is...

The Loose Cannon...

Brian Pillman

99015730.jpg

With The Nature Boy presented as my promotion’s top figure, and of course, he’ll be in the familiar role of the cocky arrogant heel that is respected as much as he is hated, I wanted a sympathetic baby face that the crowd could jump behind and support while being capable of holding his own with the talents of Ric Flair and that as a main event attraction. A lot of great talents whom could’ve fulfilled that role were taken in this round; clearly everyone understands the importance of that position.

However, he isn’t limited to being just a great and beloved face; he can easily be the most vindictive, deplorable figure to ever crawl through this business. I can’t proclaim which side he was best at; I believe he was equally remarkable at each. He didn’t have the perfect looks or the god given athletic ability but he could convince you that he was going to figure a way out; he certainly was the smartest guy in the ring. Everything he did was a calculated measure and so was this selection.

With my second selection, I present to you

09.jpg

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Nice pick. I was going to take him in the next round if he had still been there.

He wouldn't have been. I had him on tap. Why didn't Hawk take two people? DAMNIT HAWK WHERE'S THE FIRST PICK OF ROUND 3?

With my next selection in this draft, I wanted to continue to have as many talented baby faces as I could. With this selection, I will take someone that had a short career but in that time he was a fantastic face with great ability, presence and he captured the common man charisma. In all likelihood, he seemed destined to be a legend in this business but it wasn’t meant to be. However, his gift didn’t go unnoticed in the history of this business and he’ll always be well respected for he accomplished and what should’ve been. He’ll be a key figure in this company, in one clearly established role.

With the next selection of the draft

12.jpg

Magnum TA

Personally, I'd put him in the main event with Flair instead of Roberts.

I settled on Magnum after taking Jake, when I started to rationalize that I liked Jake as a heel more. So, I took Magnum to fulfill that role. Although, I can still use Jake as a top face. What's fun about this draft is that your original main event idea can change based on who you are able to grab in the later rounds.

One of the guys I considered to main event with Hogan other than Brody is still on board, so yeah, your main event might not be set till like the 4th round.