TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

WWE Monday Night Raw.. Three 4 All!

From Monday Night Raw, we'll see John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton and The Big Show battle for the uncrowned WWE Championship. Can the Viper strike again? Or will his Game be over? Or will someone else take the whole damn Show?

From Friday Night SmackDown! we'll see NEW! World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk defend against both men who lost the title on Sunday in different matches, Edge and Jeff Hardy. Can Mr Straight Edge continue to be Mr World Champion?

And of course, ECW will give us a title match.. Current nostalgia Champion and all-round good guy Tommy Dreamer will be defending the silver strap against the most popular extreme superstar.. Christian!

Can the class of 1998: (or so) Christian, Edge and Jeff Hardy all take home the gold?

What about Batista? And we might even name a new GM!

All this from Charlotte, WHOOOOO! North Carolina!

I would have gotten away with that had I not used the word 'all'.

God damn it.

I hope (well, being a huge Punk mark, I don't) that Hardy and Edge both pin Punk at the same and become co-champions. Oh, the gloating that would occure.

Or even easier, just replaced 'and' with 'or'.

Raw has been a sad show for the past 2-3 weeks and there were a lot of people pissed at the end of last weeks show.

Hopfully all three brands will be able to shine and it won't just be a showcase for the three title matches. If that happens Raw could end up being much more enjoyable than the previous few weeks, with Smackdown being able to bring the workrate and Raw and ECW dropping in with their bright spots.

The Raw title match interests me the most as I have the least idea of who will be winning that one. Only one I see with no shot is Show but I could easily see them putting the belt on HHH since he had his big return last week, Cena because its Cena and he's the golden boy, or Orton just to make him look like more of a dick getting the belt back after he just lost it.

Personally I would have liked to see MVP involved in the match, at least it would be something new and interesting.

MVP could easily have gone in, in place of Triple H. They'd have had to re-write last weeks Raw of course, but still, unless HHH is winning the title, MVP would have been a pleasant non-offensive addition.

I'd not mind Christian winning the title, but i'd rather have two successful defences and one new Champion in the case of Raw. If anything, I just hope CM Punk retains the title.

I think the Raw title is the only one that has a real chance of changing hands no shit since there is no champ huh but I'd be suprised if the ECW or Smackdown titles changed hands so soon after they just did change and especially since both champs are guys that were not expected to be champs

The next PPV is The Bash, and it's in 13 short days. I assume the person who doesn't get pinned in the SmackDown! title match will go on to challenge CM Punk there, I'd guess it's Jeff Hardy, because it's rumoured The Bash is the last date Jeff is working before his extended time off. So I bet Edge eats the pinfall tonight, spearing Jeff and then walking into a GTS. If Tommy defeats Christian tonight, is he going to work Jack Swagger at The Bash? I see Swagger interfering tonight setting up a rematch at The Bash from tonight, where Christian picks up the title. I don't see Tommy holding the belt longer than a month.

As for Raw.. If Triple H wins, or Randy Orton, you can bet they face each other for the title at The Bash. Likewise Big Show/John Cena, but I can't see them taking the WWE Title out of the Orton/HHH feud.

Two legends backstage at Raw tonight, not sure if a spoiler tag is needed but there is a GM to be named and one of these gents could be that man:

Former WWC Universal Champion Carlos Colon, the father of Carlito and Primo Colon, is in Charlotte, NC for tonight's WWE RAW event. There is no conformation that he will make an on-screen appearance at this time.

Ric Flair is also backstage at the show today.

Neither of those fueds need the belt involved. Orton and HHH is built on hate not the need to be the champ, the best in the world. Cena and Show doesn't need the belt cuz Show has been beaten 2-3 times straight by Cena I don't see what he has left to prove against him but it seems like its more about Show not wanting to give up now.

Even though the belt doesn't mean anything in real terms I think people still like to suspend belief and think that these two guys are fighting to be the best if there is a championship belt involved. I think thats why Smackdown seems to be going along better right now, the top guys on that show are fighting for the belt to be the best. On Raw the top guys are fighting for a number of reasons but the belt becomes an afterthought and it makes people not care as much who the champ is

Neither fued does need the title involved, I'll grant you that, but then, take away those four men, who are you going to put the title on? I'd love to see MVP have a run, but it's probably six months to a year too early for him. Although if he were to win it tonight or soon, it could definitely work.

I too miss the days when a heel or a face would come out, call out the Champion and tell him he wanted the belt. No silly logic, no sneak attacks, just one man calling out another because he wants to be the best.

WWE issued the following message on their official Twitter account:

The Chairman, Mr. McMahon, is in Charlotte TONIGHT to announce the NEW RAW GM!! Special 3-hour Raw at 8 /7 CT!!

Edit: As slimm said.

I wish they'd bought Linda back instead. We get Vince too often, a McMahon can be great when used like once a year.

Creative really need to step up their game and elevate MVP pronto. At this point I don't care if they forcefully shove MVP down our throats until he gets over as a believable headline talent. There has been far worst talent who have been forced feed to the fans.

Raw is atrocious and needs some new blood at the top. I really like Orton and believe he is the best option to hold the title at the moment but he needs new guys to work with.

You would think that with a 2-Hour-Commercial-Free Raw, they would have planned an iron man match, but I guess Last Man Standing will have to do...kind of a dissapointment that Donald Trump is the new owner.

The two world title matches were pretty good, glad they didn't throw the belt on Show, that's for sure. Jericho/Mysterio was also awesome once again. I'm willing to give this Trump as "owner" a chance, I think it might lead to some unintentionally funny stuff from Trump at least, and I'm willing to bet he will probably end up a heel authority in no time (then bringing back Vince somehow too down the road) since he will get heat I'm sure. Wouldn't be surprised to hear this Trump storyline was an idea pushed by the NBC/Universal heads to get ratings up or something, since he is their guy for the Apprentice show that (surprisingly) did decent ratings for them last time out. So to them, he's basically a "draw" of sorts and they can tie-in his show too down the road (if this is a long term plan at least). I certainly didn't expect him to be used as an on screen character "owner" of the company before, I'll say that much.

Figured at the end Trump was going to announce either Flair was GM or was just being completely reinstated as an active wrestler, leading to a huge pop for Flair coming out at the end, but instead we get assurance of HHH/Orton being next week and not at the ppv. Oh boy. Something tells me there is going to be some double-KO spot in the LMS match (they did this once during Foley/Rock's series of matches for the title) that leads to another big match right after such at the Bash, since that is the only logical reasoning for them to book stuff like this, as if HHH/Orton wasn't still happening at the ppv, they wouldn't throw a different opponent for whoever the champion was just six days later. I hope, then, that does it for Orton/HHH, as I've just had it with that program for good. We're going to have to suffer some more, though, before it's done. I think someone already said it, but I can see them doing Hell in a Cell to HHH/Orton at the Bash for sure, after a no-decision in LMS, Trump will announce that more than likely. I'm sure they feel like they have to rely on a gimmick to sell that show (and honestly given how they have booked things, I don't blame them), especially given how little time is left to build to it all.

The show as a whole definately didn't need to be three hours though, as it drag on in spots, and that battle royal felt like a letdown compared to the good title matches and really good opener they did.

Pretty good show overall, though the pacing was weird. I couldn't have accounted for the battle royal, but I figured they'd run the ECW title match at the end of the first hour, the world title match at the end of hour 2, and the 4 way as the main event. Instead, they opened with 3 consecutive title matches before we were even halfway through the show.

Glad to see Orton as champ again, as he should be. I really hope he doesn't lose it to Triple H at The Bash. The battle royal was pretty good, too, but the thing with The Miz was bullshit. I expected them to have him come back and eliminate Cena, which would have been great for their feud, but he was made to look like a jobber.

The only real complaint I have is the Trump thing. We finally got rid of the horrible character that was Vickie Guerrero, and she's replaced by someone even fucking worse. Just fantastic.

The problem with Trump, if it's going to be a regular ongoing angle, is how many Monday nights is he going to want to work? Unless he just films some obviously pre-done segments like tonight, but like Red said, I'll give him a chance, as unless you throw stuff at the wall, you don't know what sticks.

I found Raw to be a lot of fun tonight, it seemed like a throwback to the older 'classic' Raws we've had over the years. I imagine next week we'll have Legacy interfere in the WWE Championship match in some way, which leads to Trump making a 'huge' announcement that, in six days time, we'll see HHH get another shot at Randy Orton, but to make it no interference.. We'll see a Hell in a Cell. We've not had one for a while and that does seem to be HHH's match now (save Undertaker) so that's possible.

Marked out for Orton winning, I must admit. I thought they might use it as an excuse to get the title from Dave to HHH without the match but, even though it's yet another title change in such a short amount of time, it was good watching. Dreamer defeating Christian fairly clean, where does that leave Christian? I reckon we'll be heading for Swagger/Dreamer at The Bash and Dreamer retains again. It was good seeing The Hart Dynasty on Raw too.

Oh, and I thought that the Hornswaggle/Miz moment kinda deflated the crowd. Who really wanted to see that happen?

Good Raw, 7/10.

The thing with the Trump angle is this: How and why did Trump only buy Raw? Why would he buy one of three WWE shows and not the other two that are actually decent? Why not just buy out Vince entirely and become the owner of WWE? The troubling aspect is that Vince will now likely end up on SD if he stays on TV at all, and that show has been solid lately.

This Orton/HHH feud desperately needs to end. I'll give them till Summerslam where I would think they might have a final HIAC match or something, but after that I never want to see those two guys feud ever again. These guys have feuded on and off for 5 years and have had maybe one above average match (the LMS from Oct. 2007).

Perhaps they wanted a SmackDown! vs Raw type Survivor Series, and Team Raw led by Trump vs Team SmackDown! led by Vince.

Hell, I'd have been happy with a heel team on Raw with the likes of Big Show, Miz etc, led by Vickie against Teddy Longs face team.

Orton/HHH is puzzling, because they haven't had a great standout match, as you point out cabbageboy, both workers can put on great matches, but just not with each other. Perhaps they have the Jericho/Austin problem.

One question.. Where does MVP go from here? He is probably just above the United States level now and just a step below the main event. A feud with The Big Show?

Credit: PWInsider.com

The Donald Trump angle from RAW last night is starting to be picked up by a lot of TV media outlets, which is exactly what WWE was banking on. The last time Trump was involved with WWE, his storyline created a ton of interested leading into Wrestlemania and WWE feels they can recapture that interest with this storyline. The timing of this was also no accident, as WWE and USA Network both want to bounce back strongly from the low ratings they had during the NBA Playoffs and Finals.

Pretty good show overall

Jericho v Rey was very good gotta love the ending and the mask costing Rey again

The three title matches were all ok pretty much what I expected

Show continues to dominate but never win any matches

Priceless looked decent well up until the end of the battle royal, if they win the tag belts they might even look credible

The Trump thing interests me because I don't know where its going really. I mean I assume it will end with Vince getting Raw back but in the between time I can't predict it and it could go many different roads. I think we will get a good idea next week.