TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest OctoberBlood

Guest OctoberBlood

Is anyone going to watch? It's on NBC in a minute. Looks like it could be interesting, but we'll see. I believe it's a two part series... tonight and tomorrow.

Guest OctoberBlood

Yeah, please don't watch this. :lol: It's horrible. Even for TV standards, and I'm just 30 minutes in.

How bout that quake following train tracks? :lol:

I just caught about the last half hour of it. It looked like one of the worst things I've seen on t.v. in years. The director is sure zoom happy, especially where Fred Ward is concerned. The destruction of the Golden Gate Bridge with little match box cars sliding off of it was classic.

I was getting dizzy with all the zoom-ins.

And I agree, that Golden Gate scene is one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life.

Yeah, please don't watch this. :lol: It's horrible. Even for TV standards, and I'm just 30 minutes in.

How bout that quake following train tracks? :lol:

I like how once it got it's diet of train and was happy, it stopped moving.

Woman: THIS PROBLEM CAN ONLY BE SOLVED WITH...

Camera: ***ZOOM ZOOM SPIN ZOOM SWERVE PICTURE IN PICTURE TRANSITION TO OTHER SIDE OF WOMAN'S FACE ZOOM ZOOM***

Woman: KNOCKING OVER A NUCLEAR PLANT.

Also, you heard it here first, folks. San Francisco consists of the Golden Gate Bridge and nothing more. Fuck the million or so in the city, 500 PEOPLE FELL OFF THE DAMN BRIDGE.

Dumbest thing I've seen on TV all year. And I watch WWE.

Guest Goodear

When Entertainment Weekly said that it was like Independence Day except bad, I knew to schedule this to avoid.

Yes, they also mentioned that Independence Day was bad too...

Plus, I was watching the Spanish Verison of Dracula.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Anyone remember that tv movie about Noah's Ark that was on a few years ago? Was this movie as bad as that one?

I LOVED this show, and will so be watching tonight~!

/sarcasm

Actually, I will watch it tonight, if just for the sheer value of laughing my ass of at how BAD this is.

Stupid Stupid things

1) Bike Dood. Tower Falling, directly over the street you're on. Pedal faster, or turn and go down a street the tower is not falling parallel too?

Obviously, keep going straight and get smushed.

2) The President's dialogue. Can you get more freaking cheesy and cliched? I don't think its possible.

3) The President...again. So you tell the guy "Do Whatever" and then you question him when he tells you the plan.

4) Who THE FUCK builds train tracks over a damn fault line?

5) Yeah...that Golden Gate looked real...anyone notice the "screaming" cute.

6) You're the governor of California. YOU"RE NOT DIVORCED. I hate Contrived plot devices.

7) Was the daughter cast as just the requisite hottie in jeans to keep us watching...because that's all she's good for and I'd rather have her be offed right now. Stick something in her mouth please...But she'll "learn a great truth or some bs"

8) Poisonous gas ruptures, guy doesn't die. Breathing in oxygen after you've inhaled the gas isn't going to help and bring them back that fast.

9) Contrived Plot Device #2 - FEMA dood's son is a doctor in Cali. Please.

10) Fucking Drama Queens~!

11) Completely unrealistic "super-fault" premise

Uhh uhh...Entertainment...It's entertaining me for all the wrong reasons...It's sooo laughably bad!

Guest Smues

When I saw the previews for this I just thought it would be fucking stupid, but didn't have any idea it'd be so corny. I didn't watch it last night, but after reading everyone on this board, and hearing my dad laugh his ass off because of how cheesy the train was I'll have to catch it tonight and hope they didn't suddenly learn how to make a movie for the 2nd half. I actually kind of hope they rerun the 1st part sometime, I wanna see the madness for myself.

The best thing is this movie it's supposed to dramatic, and we aren't supposed to be laughing. Some of these movies know they're way over the top, and everyone is overacting. That's not the case here.

Guest Smues

Oh....my.....god. It's only 30 minutes into part 2 and I can't believe how bad this is. Haven't even gotten to any goofy action scenes yet either. You guys weren't kidding about the camera. CUT ZOOM ZOOM UP DOWN CUT ZOOM CUT CUT ZOOM IN OUT IN OUT CUT CUT LAME TRANSITION! This is fucking with my brain.

Is any of the theories explained in 10.5 true? Because if there is a Barstow, CA, then I would have been scared...LOL

I caught the president's speech in the beginning, and I just HAD to laugh. "We are not going to let something like a catastrophic earthquake get in our way of living our lives. Earthquake, bring it on!"

Is any of the theories explained in 10.5 true? Because if there is a Barstow, CA, then I would have been scared...LOL

There is a Barstow, CA. It's home of a very large Burger King and the nation's largest McDonald's. This is because a bunch of tour buses can stop there at any particular time. It's a point on the map between central and southern California and Las Vegas.

It's pretty high above sea level, though. I don't see any realistic way how the ground can give way and have the ocean rush through

Guest OctoberBlood

24.6 Rating on Sunday, and 19.6 million viewers and a 7.8 rating on Monday. (I think those are correct).

Guest Smues

Oh great they'll think it was a success. But at least the huge drop off between part 1 and 2 should tell them something.

24.6 Rating on Sunday, and 19.6 million viewers and a 7.8 rating on Monday. (I think those are correct).

You think wrong.

NBC Quake Flattens CBS's Hits

NBC's 10.5 miniseries shook things up on Sunday and Monday nights, overcoming devastating reviews, to wind up with an average 12.3 rating and a 20 share on Sunday and a 12.8/18 on Monday. The earthquake disaster flick, which ranked first in its two-hour time period, put the network in front of its rivals on both days. On Monday it topped such CBS winners as Everybody Loves Raymond, Two and a Half Men, and CSI: Miami.

imdb.com

Guest OctoberBlood

That makes more sense. Must've been local ratings they were showing from Seattle.

Guest MikeSC
The best thing is this movie it's supposed to dramatic, and we aren't supposed to be laughing. Some of these movies know they're way over the top, and everyone is overacting. That's not the case here.

It's a low budget "Armageddon"?

-=Mike

Guest Smues

I think that's the best possible description. Especially since Armageddon had crappy camera work too. I heard someone timed it and the average cut was every 1.3 seconds or something like that, I'm sure 10.5 was close to that.

I don't know anything about camera/directing lingo, but it seemed that they were trying to emulate what the directors on '24' do at dramatic times in the show by zooming in. Problem is that there was no serious drama and they overdramatized almost everything, so it all came off laughable.