TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Salacious Crumb

The Bashams

Guest Salacious Crumb

I'm a little baffled by the 3-4 month reign these guys are getting. I was pretty sure that they were nothing more than transition champs when they won. But they are beyond boring and still lack the credibility to be holding the titles. How do these guys get an extended run while TWGTT has trouble even making it onto Smackdown? I guess they'll probably drop the belts to Rikishi/Scotty at NWO.

Guest FrigidSoul

Smackdown is using the Tag Titles like the WWF once used the Heavyweight Title. That being that the titles are used to establish the team rather than being given to a team that's already established as a reward.

Yeah...they give Billy and Chuck a long heel tag team title reign, and look what it did for their careers.

They either need to let the Bashams get over by putting them in a big feud or not. Shit, or get off the pot, y'know?

Problem is, there arean't any face teams to chase them for the titles that wouldn't end up being transition champs themselves, in which case the belts would go to another heel team w/ no credible face challengers.

Too bad they pissed Kendrick off enough that he decided to quit, because London/Spanky should/could have been built up into a hot underdog face team.

Maybe turn TWGTT face?

Apparently, they were planning on turning TWGTT face when Heyman came on as GM, but they went back on it.

I've actually warmed up to the Bashams a bit, since I feel they've stepped it up during their last matches with the Guerreros. Better them to hold the belts than S2H/Rikishi.

Guest FrigidSoul

they should kill the Hurricane gimmik and bring Helms over to Smackdown. Bring back 3-Count minus the shitty singing(god I'll never be able to forget the lyrics to their theme song because it sucked so bad).

okay... let's all name one thing that will get you a lengthy tag title reign, in spite of an initial lack of skill.

A: having half of your team related to Danny Davis.

i'm surprised no one mentioned this yet; after all the shit that gets flung Orton, HHH, Michael Shane, (once upon a time) The Rock, et cetera's way.

although, in all honesty. i've really warmed up to the Bashams as of late. their heel work amuses me, and besides... who's going to take the titles from them anyway.?

personally i'd vote for London/someone more talented/charimatic than Billy Kidman (although i've often said that if they gave Kidman the "i'm the guy that's really fucking Torrie Wilson" gimmick, he'd be over like gangbusters...). then put them in a fued w/ TWGTT... since i'd really like to see Haas in the ring w/ London.

Guest THE MIGHTY THOR
I'm a little baffled by the 3-4 month reign these guys are getting. I was pretty sure that they were nothing more than transition champs when they won. But they are beyond boring and still lack the credibility to be holding the titles. How do these guys get an extended run while TWGTT has trouble even making it onto Smackdown? I guess they'll probably drop the belts to Rikishi/Scotty at NWO.

That's WWE logic, a heatless wrestler gets to hold a title longer than a wrestler that's super over with the fans, just look at HHH,Orton,Flair and Batista.

Guest FrigidSoul
3 Count was great. Paul London replaces Evan Karagias?

That's what I thought of

Come on everybody...put your hands together

Sing along with 3-Count...we'll be friends forever!

We like the Back Street Boys, and N'Sync too!

Brittney Spears is kinda cute!

Guest Corino 1000

Im getting so sick of The Bashams. The same finish every match. Its either the switcherooo crap that they have dont waaaaaaaaaay to many times. Or they have Shaniqa interfere. :angry:

(although i've often said that if they gave Kidman the "i'm the guy that's really fucking Torrie Wilson" gimmick, he'd be over like gangbusters...).

That would get him the fuck over now wouldn't it. Especially if he just came out and was like " Yeah, I'm tapping that ass"

If Helms would move to Smackdown to reform 3 Count, I think they should go the South Park route and rename themselves "Fingerbang," complete with the song of the same name.

(although i've often said that if they gave Kidman the "i'm the guy that's really fucking Torrie Wilson" gimmick, he'd be over like gangbusters...).

That would get him the fuck over now wouldn't it. Especially if he just came out and was like " Yeah, I'm tapping that ass"

Yeah, that made huge stars out of the 300 other guys Torrie was a valet to. That combined with Kidman's charisma--whoa, you got a total U.S. Championship threat there, folks.

And what's with the "Basham switch"...one's got a fat face and isn't in near the shape as the other. It would be more convincing if they looked more alike then just shared the same costume and hair.

I think the belts are still on them cause if they put them on someone else they'd need to think up something to do with the belts then. I really don't think they're still on The Bashams to "establish" them. They're not on tv that much and they get zero heat from the crowd.

Yeah, that made huge stars out of the 300 other guys Torrie was a valet to. That combined with Kidman's charisma--whoa, you got a total U.S. Championship threat there, folks.

I should have a sarcasm tag for that quote, because if feuding with Hulk Hogan can't get you over then nothing can

Guest Choken One

Ideally, they would just shed The WORLD Tag Team title and unify it with the WWE Title...

Send The Dudleyz, Storm/Venis, Rosey/Hurricane to Smackdown.

Seperate Rose and Hurricane, send Hurricane to do the CWs and unite Rosey and Rikishi...this would free S2H to do more CW stuff...

Have The Dudleyz win the World Tags back on Raw and Do an Unificaction match with new Champs W.G.T.T at Mania (let's face it, either team are doing anything else worthwhile for Mania)...WGTT wins the titles...Dudleyz because of a legal loophole can jumpo ship since they do get their "rematch"...How do you send Storm/Venis and Rosey/Hurricane? Easy. Trade the Smackdown Girls, Nidnia, Torrie and Dawn along with Rhyno.

This should be the Tag Scene

Heel Teams

WGTT

Bashams

Palumbo and Stamboli

Akio and Sakuda

Rikishi/Rosey

Kanyon/SOH (I think they make a formible tandem)

Faces

Dudleys

Venis/Storm

APA

Paul London and Billy Kidman

Add Ultimo/Funaki and I'd be happy.

And what's with the "Basham switch"...one's got a fat face and isn't in near the shape as the other. It would be more convincing if they looked more alike then just shared the same costume and hair.

I think the belts are still on them cause if they put them on someone else they'd need to think up something to do with the belts then. I really don't think they're still on The Bashams to "establish" them. They're not on tv that much and they get zero heat from the crowd.

It's the Body Donnas factor. They look enough alike that if you're not paying attention you might be able to buy the switcheroo crap, but if you're paying attention you're like "How do you not notice?"

Remember Royal Rumble 96 where Vince is trying to convince everybody that the Body Donnas look alike? "They look a great deal alike...from behind anyway." Same deal.

Do you guys think most WWE fans even know the Bashams are the Smackdown Tag Champs?

In all seriousness, I keep forgetting who has the Smackdown titles...as the show starts I'll think "who the hell are the tag champs?" I keep forgetting who has those and that the US title even exists.

Guest Choken One

Yep...TBS doesn't even carry the belt around anymore...

I'm convinced TBS ate it and won't tell anyone.

Guest Your Olympic Hero
With all the guys doing nothing the wwe could make some really good tag teams,Kanyon and Rhyno would make a good team.

I always thought Kanyon and O'Haire could be The Innovators of Offense, a face team.

Guest Choken One

That's why I put them together because Kanyon could carry the workrate and SOH could finish them off with the High Kick and I'm sure they could create some sort of Eliminator finisher...

Guest Anglesault

Kanyon would do the promos and the ring work, and SOH would...stand there?

Guest Choken One

Kanyon would do the promos and the ring work, and SOH would...stand there?

worked for Hart Foundation, Harlem Heat...