TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Trivia247

Ivory makes some Racist comments

Guest Trivia247

Last night on Sunday night heat, Ivory and Todd Grisham were apparently plugging tommorrow night's Raw and during it, Ivory made a very controversial comment to which this website and many others have recieved many complaints about.

Below is the transcript of the incident in question:

(A graphic hyping the debut of Muhammad Haasan appears on the screen)

Grisham: Also tomorrow night, Muhammad Hassan makes his debut, in the ring on Raw.

Ivory: Well, you're going to be there, right?

Grisham: Yes.

Ivory: I'm just asking, how are you going to get to Huntsville?

Grisham: I'm driving.

Ivory: Good, because I don't want you to be flying, if you get my drift.

There is no idea about if this comment was planned or not, but many readers have expressed extreme distaste with what was said, and not just Arab Americans. This could be used as a setup for a Hassan promo on stereotypes or it could be just a complete mess up by Ivory, but whatever it is, it was completely tasteless segment/comment by WWE.

Well isn't that a nice start for Muhammid. Can't wait for JR's References to Cab drivers

Guest The Shadow Behind You

I think it was planned. Heat is scrictly written on the pre-shows and I doubt Ivory gets improv control.

I'm sure it'll be mentioned when Hassan appears.

Oh come on! If they made this joke on CSI it would be praised and they would be rewarded with a dozen pure bred chickens of whom would lay the tastiest eggs and sing the sweetest songs, as we know all pure bred chickens do.

I say Hurrah! to the WWE. For standing up and saying to those damned Terrorists, "We are SO over 9/11. Now, watch us joke and make fun of YOU, as we Americans do so well. Zooom! CRASH! AAAAAAAAAH!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!! ATTITUDE~!" Much like their taping of Smackdown just a few short days after, much like their apt comparisons to the tragedy of Federal Prosecution and trial, much like their attempts to profit off of post-911 sentiment, this too is another sign of the WWE being full of total and utter class. CSI wishes they had 1/10th -no- 1/100th (!), of the tact and restraint and just-darn-good-wholesome-while-intelligent-writing, that the WWE manages to deliver week after week, month after month, year after year. Hurrah! WWE, HURRAH! You show those troops what they're fighting for.

Oh come on! If they made this joke on CSI it would be praised and they would be rewarded with a dozen pure bred chickens of whom would lay the tastiest eggs and sing the sweetest songs, as we know all pure bred chickens do.

I say Hurrah! to the WWE. For standing up and saying to those damned Terrorists, "We are SO over 9/11. Now, watch us joke and make fun of YOU, as we Americans do so well. Zooom! CRASH! AAAAAAAAAH!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!! ATTITUDE~!" Much like their taping of Smackdown just a few short days after, much like their apt comparisons to the tragedy of Federal Prosecution and trial, much like their attempts to profit off of post-911 sentiment, this too is another sign of the WWE being full of total and utter class. CSI wishes they had 1/10th -no- 1/100th (!), of the tact and restraint and just-darn-good-wholesome-while-intelligent-writing, that the WWE manages to deliver week after week, month after month, year after year. Hurrah! WWE, HURRAH! You show those troops what they're fighting for.

best......post......ever.

Wow, it's called professional wrestling, you know, where men and women kick the shit out of each other, get over it already.

Guest LooneyTune

Wow... that's RACIST! Maybe Ivory was implying someone would crash a plane to kill Todd, because lord knows a lot of people hate his guts. Just watch him on any show he does.

This is still nothing to me though.

JR used to say "whipping him like a pet coon" for goodness sake. I found that a thousand times more racist than this comment by Ivory on a show no one watches.

Heat is like the Public Access of the WWE.

Guest CronoT

Ever since "Katie Vick," Vince and the WWE have been under much more scrutiny than warranted.

It's like that episode of The Simpsons from "the future" where Krusty says, "Want a joke? Here's one: What's the difference between Pakistan and a pancake? I don't know any pancakes that were nuked by India!" ..... "What, too soon?"

2GOLD I do hope you are kidding. Many southerners (i.e. JR) call raccoons 'coons', and raccoons are notoriously ornery and mean animals, which I guess makes it OK to whip them. PETA may have a complaint there, but it has nothing to do with race.

This reminds me of people losing their shit when they first the Lord of the Rings trilogy (after the movies cam out, natch) and found the word 'niggardly'. (meaning 'stingy' and having no racial connotations whatsoever) Tolkien's a racist! EEEK!

Ivory's comment, however, IS offensive. But last night's Heat was live, so you never know if the WWE intended it. If it was a RECORDED Heat, we would KNOW they meant to leave it in.

JR used to say "whipping him like a pet coon" for goodness sake. I found that a thousand times more racist than this comment by Ivory on a show no one watches.

Actually, it was "crazier'n a pet coon" and "whipping him like a government mule," at least all the time I'd heard him say it (unless he said it in WCW or it was a few isolated ones a long time back).

Actually, it was "crazier'n a pet coon" and "whipping him like a government mule," at least all the time I'd heard him say it (unless he said it in WCW or it was a few isolated ones a long time back).

Speaking of which, JR whipping Coach repeatedly to be reinstated was so, so wrong.

No one will care, since it's on Heat.

Besides, Ivory wouldn't be taking the same plan as Hassan, seeing as THEY ARE ON DIFFERENT BRANDS.

Ivory is on the RAW superstars page.

Am I the only one who's just plain SHOCKED that Ivory's doing commentary?

(She's gotta be better than Lita, though.)

Guest I *Heart* Jeff Weaver

I genuinely believe people watch television soley looking for racism/sexism/what have you. And when they see something, anything at all, they pounce. I'd venture to guess that "JACKPOT!!" is the first words out of their mouth more often than "How offensive!"

Am I the only one who's just plain SHOCKED that Ivory's doing commentary?

(She's gotta be better than Lita, though.)

Ivory is ok on the experience with todd(I am probably the only person who watches that show) but ppv hype? not too strong.

as for hassan? he came across ok on raw. Foley was strong, basically saying that while he agreed that it wrong that arabs are mistreated, and he is opposed to the war, he wont stand for shots taken at soldiers. Also enjoyed his joke about the red state I think they made Hassan too aggressive, in his first appearance he just asked to be treated with respect. I think the gimmick woulda worked better like that though most fans would boo him blindly of course, then again, debuting him in Alabama woulda probably never get him over as a face or a neutral.

either way Im sick of WWE using patritotism and sying thanks to the troops to get publicity (why else would they send wrestlers to Iraq? you think Vince cares that much about troops? its clearly a huge publicty stunt as Vince is frantic for major media attention and acceptance-see XFL)

and besides that It would appear that Davari is probably the better wrestler of the two yet, somehow the musclehead gets the push, what a shock

and what is up with the sig pic y2jerk?

YIKESSSS

thatll give everyone nightmares

yea nothing gay at all

Guest Frank_Nabbit

OMG Jesse Ventura called Koko B. Ware "buck wheat" at WM 3 and made reference to JYD "eating grits" on a later broadcast OMG RACISM~!

Guest the_last_rites

Awesome !!!!!! :D

Besides, Ivory wouldn't be taking the same plan as Hassan, seeing as THEY ARE ON DIFFERENT BRANDS.

Like that's ever stopped them before. Ex: Al Snow doing The Tough Enough Contest on Smackdown! when He Is a Raw Superstar.

Guest LooneyTune

WWE should send Todd " I suck" Grisham to Smackdown, since hardly anyone with a brain watches it in the first place. Yeah, I suck isn't original, but Grisham isn't worth the time thinking of an insult.

Like that's ever stopped them before. Ex: Al Snow doing The Tough Enough Contest on Smackdown! when He Is a Raw Superstar.

Ivory last wrestled on Raw, so I think she jumps from side to side as she pleases.