TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

Rocky VI Officially Greenlit

Whatever. It will make atleast 60 million.

Hell, if they can crank it out fast enough and have it in theaters by next Christmas, with all the money this Nostolgia Trip has been making for DVD, Video Games, music, and Pro-Wrestling, Rocky 6 could easily top 100 million.

I submit that Rocky V would have been really good if not for a couple of things:

1. There is no actual main event fight. I mean it was all right there for them: Rocky risks it all in one last fight against Tommy Morrison, beats his ass in a title fight, retires as champ. But what do they do? Just a goofy fight in a restaurant and street. Sucks.

2. The Burgess Meredith cameo. What the fuck was that? I don't recall him talking so proudly of Rocky at ANY point in the series, yet he was waxing poetic about him in that ghostly vision scene.

Darthtiki, what's up with the RKO logo there? Did you, like me, get the Val Lewton box set? Since I got it I've been seeing nothing but the old school RKO logo.

Does anyone know who the main opponent is in Rocky VI? How about do it video game style and have Rocky go through everyone on the way to some new baddie? He can take out Thunderlips, Tommy Morrison again, Ivan Drago, Apollo Creed....oh wait.

Stallone already posted parts of the script in his magazine.

The movie starts with Rocky and Paulie in a graveyard mourning the anniversary of Adrianne's death.

Rocky is disappointed that Rocky Junior didn't show up to pay his respects.

Cut to Rocky Junior, who is now working as an asshole business executive.

Cuts back to Rocky, working in a restaurant that bares his name.

While walking home from work, he encounters a woman being harassed by some young kids. Rocky yells at them to stop, and they reply back that he's a has-been. Rocky proceeds to kick their ass.

He recognizes the woman - her name is Rosie and he grew up with her. He walks her home.

When he gets to her apartment he looks up and sees a young, thuggish black guy. He asks Rosie if she's safe, and she tells him it's alright, that's her son.

Cut to a television promo with the current heavyweight champion, a young black guy talking trash about the lack of quality opponents.

The rest of the movie revolves around Rocky training Rosie's son to fight the heavyweight champion.

I would imagine Rocky Junior factors into the fight somehow, but Stallone only posted so much of the script.

Yeah, I read that online, the first few pages of the script. It's sounds great so far. Apparantly, the son is some successful business person that is slowly forgetting about his roots. Like, he doesn't have time to be chilling with Rocky.

Stallone gave a different version of the movie last night on the Contender. Dan Patrick asked him if he was going to fight and he said "of course." Look at George Forman, Thomas Hearns..."it's believable." He said the premise of the movie revolves around Rocky taking a charity fight as a publicity stunt and it blowing up in to something worse.

So who knows.

Rocky - "We was suppose to be a team Tommy, like the way me and mick were"

Tommy - (obnoxious yelling) "Man I aint you......and you ain't Mick"

I'd only watch VI if IVan Drago ran into Rocky in the street and was a successfull wallstreet man with a three piece suit on that spoke perfect english and had his hair slicked back.

I am all sorts of excited about this one. I love these movies more than anything. I will admit Rocky took a beating from Drago in IV that would've killed any normal man. I hope this is good.

I wonder which version of Rocky we'll get this time. The slick, well-dressed, well-spoken Rocky from part III and IV, or the dumb-sounding, street-thug from all the others. I always found it funny and strange that he went from not-so-educated, to educated, and back. Remember he had all these problems learning and delivering his lines on those commercials in RII, but then on RIII he looked like he nailed them (what was it, credit card commercials?) So I never understood why he regressed so much on RV.

Darthtiki, what's up with the RKO logo there?  Did you, like me, get the Val Lewton box set?  Since I got it I've been seeing nothing but the old school RKO logo.

Nah, I found it on the web, but due to the other image fucking up, I changed it.

Guest Kaedon

Hell yes, I am so seeing this. I wonder if Rockhead is going to act like a punch drunk moron like he did in 5.

I wonder which version of Rocky we'll get this time. The slick, well-dressed, well-spoken Rocky from part III and IV, or the dumb-sounding, street-thug from all the others. I always found it funny and strange that he went from not-so-educated, to educated, and back. Remember he had all these problems learning and delivering his lines on those commercials in RII, but then on RIII he looked like he nailed them (what was it, credit card commercials?) So I never understood why he regressed so much on RV.

well he ended up with brain damage thanks to Drago so that may be and explanaiton. And i always hated the millionare super fashion Rocky from 3, dumb all the way plz.

well he ended up with brain damage thanks to Drago so that may be and explanaiton. And i always hated the millionare super fashion Rocky from 3, dumb all the way plz.

You didn't like the robot that he got Paulie in Rocky IV?

One thing this movie needs is a cheesy "Go Get 'EM"-style soundtrack. Rocky IV has this area perfected with such classics as "No Easy Way Out" and "Hearts on Fire".

I can attribute Rocky acting like an idiot in Rocky V to the brain damage he suffered at the hands of Drago. He successfully pulled off the rope-a-dope against Clubber in Rocky III with no apparent side effects, but Clubber didn't punch with 2000 lbs of force like Drago did. Hence the severe brain damage and him not being able to stop his hands from shaking in Rocky V.