TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

Philly Jack may talk to MJ

On Pardon the Interruption today, one of the discussions was Phil Jackson possibly talking to Michael Jordan about playing for the Lakers, I think mainly depending on what happens with Kobe. Do you think this could really happen, or should it be taken with a grain of salt?

Jordan said through a spokesperson his answer would be "100% no."

Here's the article

Edited by alfdogg

I wish he would so that the Suns or Kings could win the Pacific then. Maybe the Sonics could come in second or third and then the Warriors could slip in.

The Lakers would suck on so many levels if that happens.

The Lakers are the team I'd most like to see Jordan play for.

Except, of course, for Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Golden State, Houston, Indiana, the Clippers, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Orleans, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, San Antonio, Seattle, Toronto, Utah, and Washington.

Guest Choken One

Why not just get a decent and cheap -player instead of Overhyped Jordan?

I guess someone has to shoot the ball everyplay, not dive for a loose ball or take a charge then blame his team for the loss in the locker room after not giving the young guys any play time.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I want to know how L.A. would have the cap room for this. I thought that they were short on funds going into this season and they signed 2 high priced players.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Still I can't see how L.A. has the money to take on someone else who isn't going to come cheap.

I want to know how L.A. would have the cap room for this. I thought that they were short on funds going into this season and they signed 2 high priced players.

They paid next to nothing for Payton and Malone. And Jordan would be a veteran exception. It wouldn't hurt them at all.

All the Laker money is tied up in Kobe and Shaq. No one else there is making major bucks.

Guest Salacious Crumb

So then if they did add Jordan and everything. How long into the season before everyone starts bitching about their touches and stop passing?

So then if they did add Jordan and everything. How long into the season before everyone starts bitching about their touches and stop passing?

I think it would happen 5 minutes into the season opener.

Why not just get a decent and cheap -player instead of Overhyped Jordan?

Because Jordan playing for the Lakers would distract the media from Kobe-Gate, not to mention that getting Jordan to play on the Lakers would boost Jackson's stock as a coach if he pulled it off...

Guest thrall585

Jordan on the Lakers would make them a name of tons of names, but a joke of the league because they are so old. I mean Jordan, Malone, Grant, Fox, Russell, and Payton? Lakers (with Shaq and with Kobe possibly coming back) are still not a lock to win it all. And this would be the 3rd time Jordan has come out of retirement. Jordan is like Hulk Hogan.

Guest MikeSC
The Lakers are the team I'd most like to see Jordan play for.

Except, of course, for Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Golden State, Houston, Indiana, the Clippers, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Orleans, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, San Antonio, Seattle, Toronto, Utah, and Washington.

Heck, I'd START new teams so I could pick teams I'd rather see Jordan play for than the Lakers.

-=Mike