TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ace309

SJL Wrath Card for Tuesday, January 13!

SJL WRATH CARD

Date: Tuesday, January 13, @ 6 PM EST

Venue: San Diego Sports Arena in San Diego, California!

Send Promos & Marked Matches To: Longdogger_Pete

Alan Clark was given the night off in recognition of the hardship facing having lost the lower of his two belts.

OPENING PROMO: Not called yet.

POP THE CROWD, BOYS, YOU’RE ON FIRST

Daredevil vs. David Cross

Description: The San Diego crowd should be rabid, as we haven’t been to that coast in ages. (Note: This is probably factually incorrect. The booker does not care.) Hopefully, sending out one of the most exciting workers in the SJL and the most promising rookie to enter the league in recent memory will keep them into the show.

Rules: Standard match. DQ & Countout apply.

Word Count: 3500

Send To: Tod deKindes

THAT GOOSE! HE’S GOT MY TEETH!

Jimmy “the Demon” Liston vs. “Hollywood” Spike Jenkins

Description: Liston is sitting on his #1 Contendership to the European Title at this point. Spike was taken out at Season’s Grievings by the Elk, and was thus unable to win a contendership to that title. Since the match ended in a no-contest, however, the second contendership spot remains open. Spike can give himself some consideration with a win over the contender.

Rules: Standard match. DQ & Countout apply.

Word Count: 4500

Send To: Longdogger_Pete

NON-TITLE TABLES MATCH

Landon “La Cucaracha” Maddix © vs. Jacob Helmsley

Description: Maddix, proud of his newly-won European Title, still has a shot at the Happiest Champion On Earth. He’s sitting on it this week, though, because Sophie told me that the same main event two weeks in a row is bad business.

Rules: The first wrestler to put his opponent through a table will be declared the winner. If you accidentally put yourself through a table, you will look very foolish indeed but will not lose. However, you will have wasted lumber, and lumber has a thousand uses.

Word Count: 5500

Send To: Thoth

MAIN EVENT – PURE WRESTLING MATCH

Todd Royal vs. “the Black Angel” Aecas

Description: Strong style = money, people!

Rules: Commissioner Raynor is a big fan of Todd, and has tipped the scales ever so slightly in his favor with this match. Following the trend of that Ring of Honor promotion all the kids have been talking about, Raynor is using Pure Wrestling rules here. A competitor is only allowed three rope breaks. Once that competitor uses his three rope breaks, his opponent does not have to release the hold if he reaches the ropes. There will be a 10 count on the floor to ensure that action stays in the ring. No closed fists. If a competitor uses a closed fist, he will be issued a warning. Every closed fist punch thrown after that will result in a penalty of one rope break. If the competitor has no rope breaks left, he will be disqualified. All other rules default to the standard rules of wrestling, though the officials will be especially tight on things like low blows.

Word Count: 6000

Send To: Ace309

Edited by Ace309

Guest Aecas

*rasies an eyebrow*

Pure Wrestling style eh? Interesting, I'll have to see what happens with this one.

Nice card. Would've been even nicer to write a match for it.

Sorry, but I assumed by way of me writing the promo for Crimson, that my intentions to be booked right away were clear. So then, to make it all proper, I'm back in starting with Metal.

TABLES!!!

Woo. Should be good. Still shocked that I won my match against Alan...I may promo, if I do then Alan I'll bring up the eye thing. I used that as a rush finish and all, but it'd be good to keep that in mind for our match

Nice card. Would've been even nicer to write a match for it.

Sorry, but I assumed by way of me writing the promo for Crimson, that my intentions to be booked right away were clear. So then, to make it all proper, I'm back in starting with Metal.

I'm very sorry about that. To be perfectly honest, it was a bookkeeping snafu on my part. I read your promo, processed it, and then just forgot to add you to my list of workers who were available to be booked.

Guest Aecas

I'm afraid that I won't be writing for this show as my brother has been attacked. He was in his car about to leave a petrol station when a gang of townies yanked the door to his car open and smashes a bottle in his face. He's in hospital right now so i'm sure you'll understand why i can;t write right now, more later...

technically it's a TWENTY count on the outside....but that really makes no sense...

it's ALWAYS been a 10 count...

I know that's ROH's rule, but imho a ten-count encourages staying in the ring more than a 20-count. Also, the SWF and SJL, with the glaring exceptions of Cruiserweight Rules matches and Danny Williams, are married to the 10-count.

It is my honor of marking the debut match of such a young and great comedian.

Tod "gradual fan of Arrested Development" deKindes

Guest Goose749

FINALLY get back online, this time for keeps. The older bro is back at school, and can't steal my phone line. :firedevil:

Thank god I wasn't booked last show, I thank Thoth and his ultimate wisdom. That having been said, nice to be facing off against Spike... AGAIN!!! By putting us together, you know you greatly increase the possibility of a double no-show... I just had a thought: Wouldn't we make a great tag team? Noone could ever lose!

Guest ToddRoyal

Hey, Aecas, sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he's OK. Hopefully I'll be able to write a match that puts both of us over, and takes advantage of the Pure Wrestling rules.

K, didn't know where to ask or put this, so it'll go here for now...

Will there be a pre-Clusterfuck SJL show? And if so, do we get an SJL Clusterfuck. I ask because I SOOO want to write one after reading the 2003 one the other day for a laugh. Just...a question I had. :D

Oh yeah, Tom.

Strong Style = Stiff Heavyweight style. Not "Pure Wrestling".

You'll not be telling me how to enjoy my strong style.

On your face, maggot!

My match IS in to Thoth, just to clarify.

It's pretty much obvious Daredevil doesn't give a fuck, as he's no-showed for weeks. Might as well fire him, it's not like he ever gave a damn anyway. At least Cross told you something.

I also sent in a promo, which Spike hopefully has also done...although, he hasn't sent in a match, so who knows.

Oh well...it's to be expected I suppose. Makes me wonder why I put the effort in sometimes...not just here, but in my other feds where results are 3 days late, despite me writing matches for them. So I'm not in a good mood anyway.

Guest ToddRoyal

<--- Showed, albeit with a shorter match than I would have liked. Aecas has a valid reason for not showing against me, so our match should be taken care of too.

Hopefully we can find people willing to consistently show and write. I KNOW they're out there...

Sign in to follow this