TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

(4) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (5) Ottawa Senators (Toronto has more experience and the Sens are just NOT a good playoff team) in 6

Yeah, that run to Game 7 of the conference finals last year sure proved that.

I've never eaten at the Salad King even though I've walked by it a million times.

What do they have beside salad?

It's actually Thai food, not salad. Makes sense, doesn't it?

My hockey pool picks (picking 9th out of 10):

1. Robert Lang (DET)

2. Joe Thornton (BOS)

3. Sergei Gonchar (BOS)

4. Alexander Mogilny (TOR)

5. Glen Murray (BOS)

6. Henrik Zetterburg (DET)

7. Valeri Bure (DAL)

8. Sergei Samsonov (BOS)

9. Ray Whitney (DET)

10. Mike Knuble (BOS)

Flame away...

(4) Toronto Maple Leafs vs. (5) Ottawa Senators (Toronto has more experience and the Sens are just NOT a good playoff team) in 6

Yeah. The Senators lost their Game 7 on a fluke goal in the last two minutes, in the conference championship. The Maple Leafs got their asses whipped in Game 7 of round 1 because they blew themselves out in their first six. Who sucks again?

Yeah. The Senators lost their Game 7 on a fluke goal in the last two minutes, in the conference championship. The Maple Leafs got their asses whipped in Game 7 of round 1 because they blew themselves out in their first six. Who sucks again?

Both

Nashville up 1-0 on Detroit with 10:00 to go in the 1st on goal by Hall

Bruins up 1-0 on Montreal in the 1st on goal by Gonchar

Guest FrigidSoul

Bruins up 2-0 and almost went up 3-0 if it weren't for the D-man keeping the puck from crossing the crease

Guest FrigidSoul

Bruins win and I can't recall a time they've looked stronger in the past 10 years. Maybe when they had Cam Neely, Adam Oates, and Ray Bourque out there...otherwise strongest team in a decade.

Well, no second hockey game on ESPN, because instead, its an NBA regular season game featuring the darlings of ESPN, the GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS. I'm telling you guys, something is up with the worldwide leader in sports and the worldwide leader in ugly basketball uniforms.

Well, no second hockey game on ESPN, because instead, its an NBA regular season game featuring the darlings of ESPN, the GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS. I'm telling you guys, something is up with the worldwide leader in sports and the worldwide leader in ugly basketball uniforms.

You're shitting me...you don't get to see Colorado/Dallas??

You're shitting me...you don't get to see Colorado/Dallas??

Stars and Avs are on the Deuce. Last year we were spoiled with an early AND late game on each ESPN unless it was the day the Sens were playing. Go figure. This year we lost the early ESPN2 game to Asstros-Giants and the late ESPN to the Warriors and Blazers. Hmph.

Guest FrigidSoul
This year we lost the early ESPN2 game to Asstros-Giants and the late ESPN to the Warriors and Blazers. Hmph.

I can explain each.

Obviously they want to televise Barry tying his Godfather Willie Mays in the homer department when it occurs.

As far as the Warriors-TrailBlazers go the appeal there is the TrailBlazers. They're fighting for the 8 seed in the west and a chance to extend their consecutive playoffs streak to I believe 22 years.

Dallas/Colorado about to start, and Flames/Canucks in 30.

These playoffs are going to be so good!

This year we lost the early ESPN2 game to Asstros-Giants and the late ESPN to the Warriors and Blazers. Hmph.

I can explain each.

Obviously they want to televise Barry tying his Godfather Willie Mays in the homer department when it occurs.

As far as the Warriors-TrailBlazers go the appeal there is the TrailBlazers. They're fighting for the 8 seed in the west and a chance to extend their consecutive playoffs streak to I believe 22 years.

I'll give you the baseball one. But it's Stanley Cup playoffs compared to 10th place Portland and 11th place Oakland...they picked the wrong game to show

The anthem singer in Vancouver holding the mic up and letting the crowd sing the middle stanza of O Canada makes my list of the 10 Coolest Things I Have Seen This Year (just like last year).

1-0 Vancouver on an early goal by Rucinsky.

The anthem singer in Vancouver holding the mic up and letting the crowd sing the middle stanza of O Canada makes my list of the 10 Coolest Things I Have Seen This Year (just like last year).

Agreed, that gave me chills it was so cool.

Flames down 2-0 already. This is terrible.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Calgary will bounce back. Remember that this is the first time the majoirty of that team has even been in the playoffs. They'll soundly defeat the Canucks in the series and move onto fairly good things. The nerves are bad penalties are killing them right now.

Calgary will bounce back. Remember that this is the first time the majoirty of that team has even been in the playoffs. They'll soundly defeat the Canucks in the series and move onto fairly good things. The nerves are bad penalties are killing them right now.

Nieminen and Simon got the penalties, both are playoff vets.

WOW!!!  From 2-0 to 2-2 within a minute in Vancouver!

Chris, you going for the Flames to do well out of the west? I am

I have them getting beat by Detroit in the second round. I can't say I'm actively rooting for them...I've never really been a Calgary fan (being someone who cheered for Edmonton in the 80s), but I'm not really cheering against them either, since they are a Canadian team.

I want Senators and a team that can give me a good series in the final but will still allow Ottawa to take the Cup. Colorado, Calgary? My only fear is that if two or even one Canadian team makes the Finals, coverage gets demoted from ABC to ESPN or ESPN2, or possibly off American airwaves altogether.