TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

The 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Oh yeah, Habs are done after this blunder. Elimination game in Boston...I don't like the odds.

sorry, Montreal has it in the bags. Boston has played like shit these past three games, and are lucky

Guest The Ohtani of Time

I wonder when jose theodore will smarten up and get it right, his goals are so infuriating, and the reffing was a little sloppy tonight.

The refereeing has been bad the whole series. They're either calling absolutely nothing, or every little thing. They gotta find SOME balance here.

Oh yeah, Habs are done after this blunder. Elimination game in Boston...I don't like the odds.

sorry, Montreal has it in the bags. Boston has played like shit these past three games, and are lucky

Hey, I'm all about Canadians and Canadiens making the finals, but can they win three in a row against Boston, in Boston two of those nights?

Hey, I'm all about Canadians and Canadiens making the finals, but can they win three in a row against Boston, in Boston two of those nights?

with the way Boston is playing, its pretty easy for Montreal to win the series.

Theo is been playing good, except for a few softies, and the only game Boston is really dominating is the first game.

Maybe a Canadian team can represetn the West, but no the Habs are not going to win three in a row and certainly not with two games in Boston. Yes I am a very happy Bruin's fan -grin-

Oh, fuck, you can't blame the reffing there. Blame Alexei Kovalev. This is the second time in the past eight years that he has fucked over a Quebec based team in the playoffs by his overselling.

The slash didn't look bad at all (it appeared he barely caught him on the glove) but even if your wrist is broken you get your head up and see what's going on. Kovalev just did his big sell job (much like on the first penalty but not nearly as bad as his show v. Quebec in 95) and was a fucking idiot bumping into Souray (at least I think it was Souray).

Maybe if Kovalev wasn't known as such a con artist there would've been a call. I like the Habs but after Kovalev's shit this game and Ribiero the other night, they deserve to lose.

Bah, total shit effort from Vancouver tonight. The powerplay was dreadful and they were totally out played and out worked by Calgary tonight. I however liked Marc Crawford's goalie pulling antics.

WTF did they not put out Perrault?? WHY? You stupid Montreal Canadiens not do that?

Because having Langdon in the line-up is much more important than winning big face-offs.

I'd like to thank the refs to blow this game, especially green intentionally slashing kovalev

After the phantom calls against Boston in game 2, it's not surprising that some would go against the Habs last night. The fact that MTL's only goal in the second game came on a 2 man advantage with both Bruins penalties being questionable at best shouldn't be forgotten. And even Habs fans have to admit that Kovalev is borderline retarded to give up control of the puck in the 2nd OT in an effort to draw a penalty. If a call was going to be made, it wouldn't have been made until a Bruin got control of the puck anyways, so why not keep control of the puck and try to lead a break when Theodore left the net for the extra attacker?

Maybe if Kovalev wasn't known as such a con artist there would've been a call. I like the Habs but after Kovalev's shit this game and Ribiero the other night, they deserve to lose.

If I was a believer in karma, I'd be saying that this was karma coming back to bite the Habs. I'm not going to sit here and say that the Bruins deserved to win last night, but with antics like Ribiero's and Kovalev's, I'd be hesitant to say that Montreal deserved to win, either.

Boston wins tomorrow night.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
I'd like to thank the refs to blow this game, especially green intentionally slashing kovalev

Even Souray said it was a "nothing" slash. The Frenchmen got what they had coming. Ribiero should be so proud. Fucking snake.

Bah, total shit effort from Vancouver tonight. The powerplay was dreadful and they were totally out played and out worked by Calgary tonight. I however liked Marc Crawford's goalie pulling antics.

First time I've ever seen a line change where a goalie gets ON to the ice. Down 3-0, you gotta try whatever you can. Well, without having Bertuzzi seriously injure a guy, anyways.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

First time I've ever seen a line change where a goalie gets ON to the ice. Down 3-0, you gotta try whatever you can. Well, without having Bertuzzi seriously injure a guy, anyways.

oh zing, another Bertuzzi joke...how clever.

Well, the Leafs seem to play better when they've got a ton of injuries, so don't get so cocky just yet. I think Sundin will be fine, anyway, he probably would have been back if it was a close game, but there wasn't any point once you knew the Leafs weren't going to win.

Well, the Leafs seem to play better when they've got a ton of injuries, so don't get so cocky just yet. I think Sundin will be fine, anyway, he probably would have been back if it was a close game, but there wasn't any point once you knew the Leafs weren't going to win.

Toronto has depth. Their depth fades away in the playoffs.

So basically, Belfour has to play nearly perfect to win.

Even Souray said it was a "nothing" slash. The Frenchmen got what they had coming. Ribiero should be so proud. Fucking snake.

Hey, at least he backed his words up, in a sense, by making himeself a threat.

Boston isn't all strong, especially the holes in their defence.

Jim Dowd is a great face-off man, but when you have Yanic Perrault, Saku Koivu, Joe Juneau, you don't put dowd in.