TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Some questions on Spiderman

What ever happened to the Slingers? How did there series end and have they been seen again since? Oh and Same thing with S.H.O.C, what ever happened to him?

There was a new Hobgoblin after the orignal came back? First there was Kingsley and then Macendale (who became possed by a demon briefly and then got cybeneticly enhanced), so was there any others?

Kingsley was the first Hobgoblin. He used a crook named Lefty as a stand-in Amazing Spidey #244 (Hobby's third appearance) and he dies in that issue.

Now here is where it gets complicated. Roger Stern left the book after ASM #251 and doesn't tell anyone who HG was supposed to be. Ultimately Ned Leeds is offered up as Hobgoblin but not before Christopher Priest killed Ned Leeds before the big reveal. So Marvel decides to make things even worse by going through with Ned being the Hobgoblin AND keeping him dead. Worse off, they promote Jack O' Lantern as the new Hobgoblin to boot.

When Roger Stern was brought back to sort out the Hobgoblin mess in Hobgoblin Lives, he kills off the JOL Hobgoblin and restores his origin of Hobgoblin, which makes for four Hobgoblins instead of three, though many Spidey fans don't recognize Leftie as being Hobgoblin since he was just a patsy.

Oh yeah who was the second Jack O Lantern (Mad Jack)?

Basically DeFalco revealed that Mad Jack was Mysterio's female cousin Macquire Beck. She gets arrested and goes to jail BUT Brian "I'm a talentless and cancerous fuck" Bendis later retcons her as being the original Jack O'Lantern in drag. Oh and that his death in Hobgoblin Lives never happened and he's been alive and well all of this time.

Guest The Ultimate Fantasy

"I'm a talentless and cancerous fuck" Bendis later retcons her as being the original Jack O'Lantern in drag. Oh and that his death in Hobgoblin Lives never happened and he's been alive and well all of this time."

If this is true, then that Bendis guy needs to die. Seriously what is the point of bringing Mcandale back? He was so pathetic and pretty much killed the Hobgoblin's legacy.

"That Bendis guy" is pretty much one of the best writers employed by Marvel - so let's not call for his death just because he retconned an often inconsequential Spider-Man villain.

To anybody who has read sins past parts 1 and 2, does anybody else think that Harry might be the father?

Actually I've had the same thought. I'm really not sure where this will go in the end, but I won't start calling for heads like some people on the net already are. JMS takes some liberties, but I think everything will be wrapped up nicely in the end.

To anybody who has read sins past parts 1 and 2, does anybody else think that Harry might be the father?

Actually I've had the same thought. I'm really not sure where this will go in the end, but I won't start calling for heads like some people on the net already are. JMS takes some liberties, but I think everything will be wrapped up nicely in the end.

In the directors cut of the first part, the cover gallery shows the green goblin and Peter removing a mask to reveal Gwen stacy.

In the directors cut of the first part, the cover gallery shows the green goblin and Peter removing a mask to reveal Gwen stacy.

I've seen the cover too, but I'm not convinced it's her. If Sarah is Gwen's child, she could possibly look quite a bit like her mother.

Guest krazykat72
1) Right now the titles are..

Amazing Spider-Man

Spectacular Spider-Man

Marvel Knights Spider-Man

Ultimate Spider-Man

Marvel Age Spider-Man

Spider-Girl

Mary Jane

Spider-Man Unlimited (bi-monthly)

The Pulse (While not a full Spider title it does contain some of the supporting cast that has been neglected over the past few years)

Of the above, which follow the same continuity?

And thanks for answering my previous questions.

I'm a big Ultimate Spidey fan. It's less convoluted than the main titles and its early enough in it's inception that you can catch up on the entire story quickly.

Barnes and Noble is selling a Hardcover with the 1st 39 issues for $40. with lots of extras. It covers the Trades from 1-6, and 7-10(issues 40-59 and the Ultimate 6 miniseries). The series is on issue 62 now, so you can see they crank out the TPB's quickly.

Paul Jacobi

Go out and buy all of the Marvel Masterworks books that reprint the old Lee and Ditko stories in color. Marvel Tales is also a good source on old Spidey books from the 1st series (the book is out of print but they can be found in just about any 99 cents box).

After reading the first four issues, I highly recommend Spider-man (Marvel Knights). It has great, art, action, and story. Spectacular is slipping again.

After reading the first four issues, I highly recommend Spider-man (Marvel Knights). It has great, art, action, and story. Spectacular is slipping again.

I agree with you about Knights, I found the first arc to be good.

I wonder where they'll go with the pics and JJJ though.

As for Spectacular, I think Jenkins is losing his touch big time. I haven't really liked much of what he's done since 'A Death in the Family'. Hopefully things clear up after the Disassembled fiasco and ugh, Man-Spider bullshit is cleared up.

As for Spectacular, I think Jenkins is losing his touch big time. I haven't really liked much of what he's done since 'A Death in the Family'. Hopefully things clear up after the Disassembled fiasco and ugh, Man-Spider bullshit is cleared up.

To make things worse, Ramos has taken over the art again in spectacular. Damn how I loathe his drawing skills.

To make things worse, Ramos has taken over the art again in spectacular. Damn how I loathe his drawing skills.

I couldn't agree more, Ramos is terrible. What happened to artists that would draw things clearly and clean? They seem to be rare these days.

I've heard that Talent Caldwell will be taking up the pencils for Spectacular very soon.

Marvel Knights 5 is out!

Millar has written another great story here, with a cliff hanger that has guaranteed I will be buying the next issues. I just hope that when the whole plot unravels it doesn’t fall flat on its face by some dud character returning.

Also I have to comment about the art done by Frank Cho, he can really draw the ladies. Both MJ and Felicia look fantastic in this issue, where Spidey himself looks relatively scrawny compared to what I’m used to seeing.

EDIT: I looked at some other issues and I was wrong, Spideys body frame doesn't look that much different.

Another thumbs up for Marvel Knights, and if things continue like this I’ll probably stop buying spectacular and just get Amazing and Marvel knights.

If Mackie was writing, you could bet that it would be the Gwen stacy clone  :)

Heh. :lol:

I just read the latest issue of Amazing SpiderMan.

I'm not laughing anymore.