TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Some questions on Spiderman

I really recommend the Spider-Man Encyclopedia Hardcover. It covers all major characters and story developments up until just a few months back and clear up where most of the characters stand at the moment. Of course, it mostly works for Spidey fans but is a good and long read for all comic-book fans.

So, Kaine made a mistake in believing that Ben Reilly was the true Parker? So that whole time in the beginning of the Clone Saga and Lost Years when he was trying to kill and frame Ben (who he thought was the original Peter), he was actually wasting his time on the clone? Did this come to his attention in the series and where is Kaine now?

I really recommend the Spider-Man Encyclopedia Hardcover. It covers all major characters and story developments up until just a few months back and clear up where most of the characters stand at the moment. Of course, it mostly works for Spidey fans but is a good and long read for all comic-book fans.

Sadly a lot of the stuff that was clarified in the Spiderman Encyclopedia is now null-and-void thanks to Brian Fuckhead Bendis. Most notably Mysterio and Hobgoblin, who's continuity has been even more fucked up thanks to the recent Masturbatory Marvel Knights: Secret Wars mini-series...

So, Kaine made a mistake in believing that Ben Reilly was the true Parker? So that whole time in the beginning of the Clone Saga and Lost Years when he was trying to kill and frame Ben (who he thought was the original Peter), he was actually wasting his time on the clone? Did this come to his attention in the series and where is Kaine now?

Kaine's motives and reasoning were pretty much haphazardly written. The closest to an actual motivation was that Kaine was jealous that Ben wasn't deformed or dating an evil bitch like Kaine was (and who Kaine killed and who Peter later got put on trial for killing early on in the clone saga).

As for Kaine's fate; he's currently in hiding and raising Peter and MJ's daughter May while everyone continues to think that the two are dead...

Guest SpiderFan
As for Kaine's fate; he's currently in hiding and raising Peter and MJ's daughter May while everyone continues to think that the two are dead...

I thought during the 'Gathering of Five' one of Osborn's Scriers told him the 'object' (refering to Baby May) was retrieved from Kaine?

Kaine's motives and reasoning were pretty much haphazardly written. The closest to an actual motivation was that Kaine was jealous that Ben wasn't deformed or dating an evil bitch like Kaine was (and who Kaine killed and who Peter later got put on trial for killing early on in the clone saga).

Thanks for the update.

I think Kaine's original motives were pretty well written, to tell you the truth. It's just Marvel later making Ben a clone again that screwed that all up.

Guest JoeyStyles

Damn, and here I thought the CLONE saga was bad enough but this Spidey reboot sounds even worse.

Guest The Ultimate Fantasy

What happened to the Hobgoblin? He was always one of my favorites.

What happened to the Hobgoblin? He was always one of my favorites.

The last appearance I can remember is the Goblins at the Gate storyline (97 or 98) where Kingsley escaped to some island to "retire" and hasn't been seen since.

Woah, I just read all about the Hobgoblin's History in the SpideyKicksButt website and god damn does my head hurt.

There have been fewer lame green goblins.

Well there were 2 good Green Goblins and 1 good Hobgoblin.....so you're right.

But there's been 3 crappy Green Goblins but only 2 crappy Hobgoblins.......the math is confusing me now.

There was a new Hobgoblin after the orignal came back? First there was Kingsley and then Macendale (who became possed by a demon briefly and then got cybeneticly enhanced), so was there any others?

Oh yeah who was the second Jack O Lantern (Mad Jack)?

I was referring to Ned Leeds as the other Hobgoblin. If you read the spideykicksbutt write up of it he was used in the costume by Kingsley and then in the end when Kingsley left once things got to hot Leeds assumed the Goblin mantra full time, albeit briefly.

What was up with that villian named Typeface, I heard that his powers were that he could create letters out of thin air and throw them at you.....that CANT be true right???

Guest Beingz0wningj00

There was another criminal framed for being the Hobgoblin... someone named Lefty? Any Kingsley remote controlled his glider into a wall or something, incinerating him...

It's at the Spiderfan.org site under characters.

Your right on the money with that one, Tbond. Exactly.

But he's not as good as villain as Paste Pot Pete or the Eraser!

Geez Typeface must be the worst villian of all time ever.

Hands up time. I'm not a massive comic book fan but with a little help from Zsasz i've been getting into Batman comics and viewing the Spider-Man films back to back has got me into Spidey comics. I've read through almost all the Spider-Man threads in this forum and checked out most of the links, (for example, I read the entire 35 part Clone Saga review in one night), which have explained a lot but also induced more questions.

So here are some questions from an admitted comic novice...

1) Which Spider-Man titles (ASM etc.) are currently running?

2) Is the Ralph Macchio who worked with Howard Mackie, the Ralph Macchio of Karate Kid fame?

3) I've tried Amazon but with little luck, so are there any reliable sites for me to purchase specific individual Spider-Man comics that ship to Britain?

1) Which Spider-Man titles (ASM etc.) are currently running?

2) Is the Ralph Macchio who worked with Howard Mackie, the Ralph Macchio of Karate Kid fame?

3) I've tried Amazon but with little luck, so are there any reliable sites for me to purchase specific individual Spider-Man comics that ship to Britain?

1) Right now the titles are..

Amazing Spider-Man

Spectacular Spider-Man

Marvel Knights Spider-Man

Ultimate Spider-Man

Marvel Age Spider-Man

Spider-Girl

Mary Jane

Spider-Man Unlimited (quarterly)

The Pulse (While not a full Spider title it does contain some of the supporting cast that has been neglected over the past few years)

2) No

3) www.samruby.com back issue section.

Amazing Spider-Man

Spectacular Spider-Man

Ultimate Spider-Man

Marvel Age Spider-Man

Spider-Girl

Mary Jane

Spider-Man Unlimited (bi-monthly)

The Pulse (While not a full Spider title it does contain some of the supporting cast that has been neglected over the past few years)

Of the above, which follow the same continuity?

And thanks for answering my previous questions.

Amazing Spider-Man

Spectacular Spider-Man

Ultimate Spider-Man

Marvel Age Spider-Man

Spider-Girl

Mary Jane

Spider-Man Unlimited (bi-monthly)

Of the above, which follow the same continuity?

And thanks for answering my previous questions.

Well the main ones are amazing, spectacular and Marvel Knights. Ultimate is a different timeline and Marvel age is like a remake of some of the villian encounters. Spider-girl is a what-if spinoff but also a very good read.

I would suggest just sticking to amazing and spectacular and maybe picking up some marvel knights issues.

Also if you want a specific issue no longer in print it never hurts to give DC++ a shot, that's how I managed to read most of the issues I missed from 3 years ago.