TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Fact or a myth?

Austin was never going to win the Fatal Four Way at the Final Four PPV. Bret was always going to win it. Before Vince panicked, and Bret v Shawn for the WWF Title was going to headline WM XIII, Bret would win the FFW to get his title match against Shawn. When Vince decided to go with Sid v Undertaker for the title as the WM XIII main even instead, Bret would win the vacant WWF Title in the FFW, and drop it to Sid the next night.

And yes, Luger was going to win the WWF Title at WM X, but that changed the night of the 1994 Rumble, and his announced Rumble win saw him get booed out of the building.

I thought Luger was supposed to beat Yokozuna and lose to BRet at WM X.

The original plan with Bret and Luger winning the Rumble was for Luger to come out of WM X with the WWF Title. But the reaction to his announced winning of the Rumble was so negative that that idea was dropped. If Luger had come out of WM X with the WWF Title, he was tentatively set to drop it to Bret at Summerslam of that year.

SKeith actually posted a blog update today dealing with the issues brought up here (Borga vs Luger, WMX ending, Mind Games, and Final Four), the timing of which makes me think someone e-mailed him while reading this. So, there you go.

a weird myth/rumor that was on the net in 1998. John Tenta was going to be brought in and given a monster heel push and be put with Austin to headline King of the Ring 98. But when Tenta was signed, Vince was still mad at him for bailing out on the WWF in 94 and going to WCW and as a result was given the Golga gimmick as "punishment"

Guest LooneyTune

I've never heard anything like that. Tenta pretty much knew he was signed to help bring Silva and Kurrgan along more (both were green as hell), since he was a veteran of the ring. Didn't work out too well.

To finally settle this issue: does anyone even have an inkling of an idea when Sid supposedly shat himself? Now it's supposedly at a house show, but which one? This story has been shrouded in mystery since, like, ever and I'd love to see some definitive evidence of this having ever even taken place.

I got 3 different situations here:

Why exaclty didn't Jarrett re-sign with WWF?

I've heard he was suppossed to work a program with Austin but Austin vetoed it and Jarrett got pissed cuz JR told him that he didn't have the look of a main eventer or something like that.

Did Curt Henning choke out Brock Lesnar?

I heard this happened on a plane i think. Lesnar was mouthing off and Hennig put him in his place.

What is the current situation with the Flight from Hell?

I know what allegedly happened. I'm just wondering if the lawsuit was dropped? Or if Hall and Rhodes were fired over the situation? And if so why wasn't Flair in trouble over it?

And slickster this white boy LOVES your avatar!

I think JJ left because he was pissed that he was a misarable failure in the WWF and never got over until he had the ultimate in cheap heat gimmicks with the anti-women deal and he was friends with Russo who he knew woudl give him the completely unsuccessful and undeserved push that he got.

I know that Hennig and Brock had a little skirmish on the plane but I really doubt that a 40+ year old guy was going to put a 25 (or so) year old NCAA champion "in his place" unless Brock was passed out.

I think Hennig and Hall were the only ones fired over it. Dustin got the axe later in the year for reaons that I'm unclear on. And Flair is Flair, his job is safe as long as he keeps sucking HHH's dick everywhere he goes.

I think JJ left because he was pissed that he was a misarable failure in the WWF and never got over until he had the ultimate in cheap heat gimmicks with the anti-women deal and he was friends with Russo who he knew woudl give him the completely unsuccessful and undeserved push that he got.

A pattern that still follows him to this day.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Jarrett probably was jumping no matter what when Russo jumped ship to WCW. And the WWF didn't help matters when they forgot it's ending time. Hence when Jarrett held them up for money to job the I.C. belt.

A pattern that still follows him to this day.

That was sot of my point.

HTQ, why did Dustin get fired and was Hall fired because of the plane ride or did he go earlier?

HTQ, why did Dustin get fired and was Hall fired because of the plane ride or did he go earlier?

Dustin was eventually let go with the standard "creative have nothing for him" line. Which translates into, "We don't want to use you. Please leave."

Hall was fired over the plane ride from hell. It was the last straw, as he'd been bombed on more than one occasion before then since returning to the WWF.

This isn't really a fact or myth but but:

Would JJ have been taken back by Vince after he bought WCW had he not held them up for 6 figures to drop teh IC belt to Chyna? I tend to think not, as I think Vince was pretty disgusted with him for failing to get over to any great degree with any of the 3 different gimmicks he had during his 97-99 run. I'm pretty sure that he wasn't high on their priority list if then didn't even realize that his contract was running out and he was the reaigning IC champ at the time.

Guest Salacious Crumb

He probably would've been back had he not held up Vince for the money. I mean they brought him back after the mid 90s shitfest that was Jarrett.

And after they got him away from that horrible Aztec NWA thing he was an ok mid-carder.

He probably would've been back had he not held up Vince for the money. I mean they brought him back after the mid 90s shitfest that was Jarrett.

And after they got him away from that horrible Aztec NWA thing he was an ok mid-carder.

Sure he was an ok mid carder but he was being paid like $350K a year which was pretty big money for WWF in late 97. Vince expected him to be a ME player and JJ failed ot get over. He barely got an audible reaction for his "shoot promo" on Raw when he ripped Austin 3:16 and said that HBK was a cripple who was proud of the fact that he could only work one match a week.

HTQ, JJ is not Goldberg, Nash, Hogan, or Steiner in terms of star power. Vince may have brought him back but I doubt he'd have come back as a ME guy.

Guest Salacious Crumb

He's also a lot cheaper than those guys and would've had a lot more mileage than any of those guys ended up having.

I mean they hired fucking Buff Bagwell.

HTQ, JJ is not Goldberg, Nash, Hogan, or Steiner in terms of star power. Vince may have brought him back but I doubt he'd have come back as a ME guy.

I never said he'd have been brought back as a ME guy, but Vince might have tried it if he was desperate. If Chyna hadn't grown a huge ego, she might have been around long enough that they could have gone back to her and Jarrett's program.

He's also a lot cheaper than those guys and would've had a lot more mileage than any of those guys ended up having.

I mean they hired fucking Buff Bagwell.

They didn't know any better. I remember listening to an old WOL back when it was still on Eyada.com and Meltzer said that he asked someone in the WWF why they hired him and they said that he was a good promo guy and an average worker. They obviosly didn't do their homework on him. They knew about JJ being a shitty draw.

I never said he'd have been brought back as a ME guy, but Vince might have tried it if he was desperate. If Chyna hadn't grown a huge ego, she might have been around long enough that they could have gone back to her and Jarrett's program.

A two year old program that ended with a clean finish?

A two year old program that ended with a clean finish?

Desperate people do desperate things. They could have even brought Jarrett in to get revenge on Chyna to give a storyline exit for her.

Booker T vs. Jeff Jarrett should have been done instead of Booker T vs. Buff Bagwell. JJ wouldn't have dragged ass like Buff did that night. Unlike Steiner, Flair, and Goldberg, JJ's contract wasn't too large that it would have turned Vince off from taking it.

Of course, this would take into account JJ never holding Vince up for more money and being on good leaving terms with him.

Goldberg vs. Sting with Flair, Bischoff, Steiner, Booker, DDP, and other top WCW guys guarding the ring from WWF guys should have been done that night, but yes JJ and Booker would have had a better match than Booker and Buff.

Well, yeah, having all those guys under the WWE banner would have made a world's more difference. Tons of difference. But Goldberg, Sting, Flair, Steiner, and other top WCW guys had giant contracts that Vince wasn't willing to buy out at the time WCW went under. JJ on the otherhand had a friendly contract that, had he not stiffed Vince earlier, would have probably gotten picked up since it was drafted the same way like Book's and Bagwell's contracts were and both of those guys got picked up. Bagwell should have never been signed in the first place, which you figure would have happened after all the problems he caused in the final year or so of his run with the company. I mean, he was looking at possible jail time for assault and assault with a deadly weapon after supposedly punching a backstage crew hand in the face, while wearing a big fat ring, that did a nice amount of damage to the punchee's face.

DDP at least was willing to dump his contract deal in order to get a shot with the WWF, which in hindsight was a bad mistake after getting reamed out by the Undertaker and others for a variety of petty shit while only a month or so into his run. Flair should have brought in Goldberg, Sting, Steiner, and DDP when he was announced as co-WWF owner. I think the impact would have been able to possibly jumpstart another potential WWF vs. WCW if the company's big players had been involved and brought in all at once.

Patterson is gay but there has never been any concrete confirmation about BB's sexual preferences. He could just be a confident to Patterson for all we know.

Moolah and Mae have had rumors spread about them and some dykish behavior back in their younger wrestling days (along with today) but nothing concrete.

None of the 4 people mentioned above have ever been married though. That's enough cause for speculation from anyone.

Bret Hart was ready to jump to WCW in 1992 and this is why he dropped the IC Title to the Mountie (the illness was made up not to make him look weak should he resign). Myth or reality?

Guest Salacious Crumb

There's some story about Duggan, Hart and some guys watching Patterson and some guy giving it to each other through a hotel window but I'm not sure it was the Brawler.