TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

No. No. No. Everyone keeps thinking of all these elaborate schemes for that Joe/Angle match, but here is the only way this can end and not be a piece of crap: Joe gets Angle in a cage. Joe beats the shit out of Angle for 20 minutes, Angle gets sparing offense. Joe wins belt.

I agree, although I think Angle should get more offence than you're suggesting. However, the fact that you and I agree on this matter will have NO bearing on how TNA play it out.

What is ACTUALLY going to happen is Joe will lose, leave, then come back as Curry Man's hitherto-unknown tag partner the Poppadum Kid.

I'd want to see that just for the trainwreck factor.

According to the Tsongas Arena box office just over 2,000 tickets remain for Lockdown. The arena holds just over 8,000 fans so this will most likely be TNA's largest crowd to date.

-Gerweck

Looks like they're starting to get some momentum with real good numbers for house shows as well. Hopefully they could get close to a sellout for Lockdown.

If you ignore TV, TNA is awesome.

Although...I like what they've did with Angle a lot last week.

I even enjoy what they've done with BG/Kip in those rough cut videos. Just a shame that it's leading to a match that's going to blow goats.

If you ignore TV, TNA is awesome.

Although...I like what they've did with Angle a lot last week.

I even enjoy what they've done with BG/Kip in those rough cut videos. Just a shame that it's leading to a match that's going to blow goats.

The Angle segment last week was alot of fun, and I think helped to repair some of the damage that's been thrown onto him by shoddy booking. In fact, the last couple Impacts have been solid entertainment, which is surprising after the dreck we've been forced to endure the last couple months. TNA, though, usually has decent Lockdown/Slammiversary/BFG builds. It's the Sacrifice/Victory Road/Genesis builds that kill any momentum the company gains.

Yeah I think the word is out that TNA's actual live show rocks the house. I went to a house show last May and thought it was terrific, easily better than any WWE house show I've been to. TNA is somewhat like a band that is just whatever on record, but if you see them live they kick ass.

Seems like I read that they drew about 4000 people for a house show in Pikeville, KY. This points to something that is interesting, what TNA can do to draw money. Run smaller towns that WWE wouldn't mess with. WCW near the end was still able to draw some good houses in podunk towns in WY or MT. They just killed off the major towns and markets.

They should run the big town in states where they've already drawn good in little towns around them. They've almost sold out Lowell for Lockdown...they should try running the Fleet Center next year or so. Being from Chicago and knowing the crowds that WWE draws, I'm sure TNA could do well here too.

Guess no one cares enough to rehaul the TNA folder ala the WWE one? :(

Anyway, slowly catching up with TNA Nov07-Mar08 to 'zoom' through, so far, only been enjoying AJ and Tomko. Tomko comes across as a real star at the moment, only because he's not doing stupid inconsistent shit, he has a character and a direction, its awesome.

If by 'not doing stupid inconsistent shit' you mean threatening to break Kurt's neck if he orders him around and saying he's his own man, then joining the Angle Alliance for no apparent reason, I'm confused. I still enjoy Tomko, but that bit made no sense.

Guess no one cares enough to rehaul the TNA folder ala the WWE one? :(

I'm working on it.

It's a process.

I've already gotten a thread about tonights show to get 16 posts and the last few weeks there wasn't even a thread.

Everyone who feels incllined to spark some life into the folder and has any ideas for topics to discuss please run with it.

I've got some ideas but I didn't want to just start a bunch of topics all at once.

I agree that turning Tomko was a ridiculous idea considering he was probably the best booked character that they had since Joe first arrived. But considering the fact that the Impact Zone isn't a true indicator of whats working (which is reason number ONE in my opinion why they need to leave Orlando) and the fact that ratings aren't exactly spiking when Tomko is on the screen...maybe they just didn't realize what they had.

Thats what I think is their major problem. They can't really tell who the audience is connecting with because they're not paying for the show, its the same people every week and they tape so far in advance, most smarks who would spread the word have already condemned the show before it's began.

Well that and TNA sucks in general.

Dames

I think Tomko could still be turned back to a hard-edged no nonsense babyface, ala Batista/HHH back in 04 into 05. Keep in mind they did a subtle tease of a face turn for Batista shortly after HHH got the belt back from Orton, didn't go with it immediately (I recall a Raw that moreless strongly suggested Batista was going to turn on HHH at the end of the show, and then he ended up helping him instead with a win over whoever) and then followed up on it back again slowly, and as such, the feud got pretty hot there leading to Mania 21. This could happen similar down the road, especially if we see which looks to be a guaranteed feud with Styles and Angle. Tomko's role within that feud will be interesting.

If by 'not doing stupid inconsistent shit' you mean threatening to break Kurt's neck if he orders him around and saying he's his own man, then joining the Angle Alliance for no apparent reason, I'm confused. I still enjoy Tomko, but that bit made no sense.

Just watched that episode where AJ was in his Nan's House hiding from Borash. Like I said, I've got MONTHS to catch up, so I'm getting there.

I think Tomko could still be turned back to a hard-edged no nonsense babyface, ala Batista/HHH back in 04 into 05. Keep in mind they did a subtle tease of a face turn for Batista shortly after HHH got the belt back from Orton, didn't go with it immediately (I recall a Raw that moreless strongly suggested Batista was going to turn on HHH at the end of the show, and then he ended up helping him instead with a win over whoever) and then followed up on it back again slowly, and as such, the feud got pretty hot there leading to Mania 21. This could happen similar down the road, especially if we see which looks to be a guaranteed feud with Styles and Angle. Tomko's role within that feud will be interesting.

That Raw had one of my favorite little character moments for Batista.

After Evolution's scheme (Batista and HHH arguing, including the latter berating Dave for losing via DQ to Jericho, leading to Triple H supposedly being knocked out before his scheduled WHC match with Benoit), the three are gloating in the ring about swerving everyone including Benoit who had to wrestle Edge instead. Right in the midst of it, HHH praises Dave for doing a job well done, but casually says that he still should have beat Jericho. Cue a great shot of a subtly pissed Batista, clearly not pleased with the remark.

If they could do that, with Tomko having Kurt's back, but with some little indications that he has plans of his own, then the build-up would be great.